I don't know if this would be relevant to this post, but I actually found out that you can buy Walt Disney World Tickets at US Disney Stores. They will sell only a minimum of three day passes, so you can't buy one or two day tickets at US Disney Stores. You will pay Florida Sales Tax on them, not your state's Sales tax. You can't buy them in a state without Sales Tax Disney Store and save 6.5%. Will not save you anything, but there may be use for this if it's a gift for someone and they want to pay cash instead of Credit for example.

Really dumb question: Can you buy a 1 day park hopper? Yes I've read the thread and associated links and still don't "get" whether you can hop or not if you are only spending one day at WDW. Thanks for your tolerance. . .

Really dumb question: Can you buy a 1 day park hopper? Yes I've read the thread and associated links and still don't "get" whether you can hop or not if you are only spending one day at WDW. Thanks for your tolerance. . .

Yes, you can buy a One day hopper on WDW website. It's $164 before Florida Tax for the ticket.

This might be a stupid question but say we want to spend 5 days in the parks but only want to spend 2 days doing the water parks. Can i buy WP&M tix for just two days and for the other 3 buy regular tix? Or is that much more expensive?

This might be a stupid question but say we want to spend 5 days in the parks but only want to spend 2 days doing the water parks. Can i buy WP&M tix for just two days and for the other 3 buy regular tix? Or is that much more expensive?
You can buy a 3-day ticket with the Water Parks option. This allows you to go to the Water Parks for 3 days in addition to 3 park days.

Pricing for tickets with the Water Parks option:
https://www.mousesavers.com/regular-walt-disney-world-ticket-prices/#other

We have a trip coming up for a sports competition my daughter will be involved in. We will also be coming back in the fall. My daughter is required to stay with her team and purchase a package that includes a four-day park hopper. The rest of our family is staying in our dvc and have bought AP's. Is there anyway to upgrade our daughter's hopper to an AP before we leave? I keep getting conflicting answers. It just seems like a waste of money to pay for a hopper and an AP for her but they would not allow us to buy a package without the ticket. Anybody have any experience with this?

We have a trip coming up for a sports competition my daughter will be involved in. We will also be coming back in the fall. My daughter is required to stay with her team and purchase a package that includes a four-day park hopper. The rest of our family is staying in our dvc and have bought AP's. Is there anyway to upgrade our daughter's hopper to an AP before we leave? I keep getting conflicting answers. It just seems like a waste of money to pay for a hopper and an AP for her but they would not allow us to buy a package without the ticket. Anybody have any experience with this?
If her ticket is NOT heavily discounted (vs a regular 4-day hopper) then it MIGHT be allowed to be upgraded.
If the ticket IS a very low price, it likely cannot be upgraded.
(I am going to guess that her ticket includes several admissions to ESPN Wide World of Sports, too.)

If her ticket is NOT heavily discounted (vs a regular 4-day hopper) then it MIGHT be allowed to be upgraded.
If the ticket IS a very low price, it likely cannot be upgraded.
(I am going to guess that her ticket includes several admissions to ESPN Wide World of Sports, too.)
Thanks. I have no idea what we are paying for the ticket. It is all just one package price. The package is from Disney and part of a resort stay. I guess I will try to upgrade, it can't hurt. I just thought I would check here and see if anyone had any experience or tips for this situation.

1 day tickets if unused for over 1 year must be upgraded to current gate price before they are valid for admission if the ticket price has increased since purchase (you pay the difference).

I'm not sure I understand this comment - does it mean that you can't even get into the park with 1 day tickets unused for over a year unless you pay more to get up to the current gate price, or does it mean that if you want to upgrade from a 1 day ticket unused for over a year you can not benefit from price bridging because you will have to pay the difference to get up to the current gate price before you can upgrade?

Before seeing this comment, I thought that I understood when price bridging is available. Now I'm not sure, and I'd really appreciate some help. Maybe specifics will help me understand. I have a 1 day base ticket purchased in 2010 directly from Disney as part of a resort package. The way I understand the price bridging rules generally, I should get a credit for the current gate price if I am upgrading a ticket bought as part of a resort package. But it's a one day ticket, so does that change the price bridging rules?

Let's say in April 2017 I want to use my 1 day base ticket originally bought in 2010 as part of a resort package to upgrade to a 2 day base ticket, which has a current cost of $215.13 including tax. There are several possible options for the credit I will get for my 1 day base ticket:

1. No credit until I pay enough to get my 2010 1-day ticket up to the April 2017 price of a 1-day base ticket?
  2. Credit only for the 2010 price of a 1-day base ticket in effect when I bought the package?
  3. Credit for the current 1-day base ticket price of $121.41 (using peak pricing)?
  4. Credit for the current 1-day base ticket price of $108.63 (using regular pricing, even though peak pricing is in effect on the day I upgrade)?
  5. Any other possibilities?

I also have a related question: What if I upgrade at Guest Relations inside MK after using the 2010 1-day base ticket to enter MK? Will I get credit for the higher 1-day MK ticket price instead of the 1-day price for a ticket to the other parks?

I'm sorry if this is hard to understand, and I'd be happy to clarify if needed. Thanks for all of this great information!

I'm not sure I understand this comment - does it mean that you can't even get into the park with 1 day tickets unused for over a year unless you pay more to get up to the current gate price, or does it mean that if you want to upgrade from a 1 day ticket unused for over a year you can not benefit from price bridging because you will have to pay the difference to get up to the current gate price before you can upgrade?

Before seeing this comment, I thought that I understood when price bridging is available. Now I'm not sure, and I'd really appreciate some help. Maybe specifics will help me understand. I have a 1 day base ticket purchased in 2010 directly from Disney as part of a resort package. The way I understand the price bridging rules generally, I should get a credit for the current gate price if I am upgrading a ticket bought as part of a resort package. But it's a one day ticket, so does that change the price bridging rules?

Let's say in April 2017 I want to use my 1 day base ticket originally bought in 2010 as part of a resort package to upgrade to a 2 day base ticket, which has a current cost of $215.13 including tax. There are several possible options for the credit I will get for my 1 day base ticket:

1. No credit until I pay enough to get my 2010 1-day ticket up to the April 2017 price of a 1-day base ticket?
  2. Credit only for the 2010 price of a 1-day base ticket in effect when I bought the package?
  3. Credit for the current 1-day base ticket price of $121.41 (using peak pricing)?
  4. Credit for the current 1-day base ticket price of $108.63 (using regular pricing, even though peak pricing is in effect on the day I upgrade)?
  5. Any other possibilities?

I also have a related question: What if I upgrade at Guest Relations inside MK after using the 2010 1-day base ticket to enter MK? Will I get credit for the higher 1-day MK ticket price instead of the 1-day price for a ticket to the other parks?

I'm sorry if this is hard to understand, and I'd be happy to clarify if needed. Thanks for all of this great information!

This only applies to 1 day tickets purchased after the tiering system was announced for them in 2016. You purchased in 2010 so your ticket is still valid for park admission on any day as I understand it.

I think it can be bridged for current gate price if you go to upgrade it. I am also not sure what the value would be considered when it is bridged.. My best guess is it's that day's ticket price if you used it so if you go it on a value day it will be worth less than if you bridged it on a peak price day.

The way the 1 day tickets work now is they hold their original price value and cannot be bridged. You pick the day you are planning to use the ticket when you buy it and disney charges you the price for whatever tier that day is. You can use it for entrance to the park for the same or lower tier for 365 days even if prices change. after 365 days if the day your entering the park is higher cost then you originally paid, you must upgrade the ticket and pay the difference to use the ticket for park admission. it's not a seasonal tier system as there is all 3 tiers in all different seasons. There is some exceptions to this but those are special promotion tickets that have even more restrictions. A recent example is there was a special price that AP holder could buy 1 day tickets for someone else but you had to buy it in person and it was only valid for the same day if you did't use it, that ticket became worthless as soon as the day ended.

I hope this helps, yes it's confusing.

This only applies to 1 day tickets purchased after the tiering system was announced for them in 2016. You purchased in 2010 so your ticket is still valid for park admission on any day as I understand it.

I think it can be bridged for current gate price if you go to upgrade it. I am also not sure what the value would be considered when it is bridged.. My best guess is it's that day's ticket price if you used it so if you go it on a value day it will be worth less than if you bridged it on a peak price day.

Thanks for the clarification. So it sounds like the most likely scenario is that if I upgrade on a day on which peak pricing is in effect, I should probably get credit for the peak price (although not guaranteed). I understand that the exact terms are a little up in the air, but I appreciate the confirmation that my 2010 1-day ticket should still be eligible for price bridging.

We just purchased the promotional 4-Park magic ticket, price seemed too good!

2 adults, 1 child = $817

Does anyone have any idea how or if we can convert one of those days to a hopper? Our kids are young and feel like it would be nice to do only a half day at animal kingdom and revisit another park the same day.

Quick Military Ticket question that I hope someone is able to answer. Son and DIL will be purchasing their tickets on base. They need 8 day hoppers but the agent on base is telling them to get two sets of 4 day hoppers. Will I be able to link both sets of tickets at the same time so the 8 days are seamless for FP+? I'm concerned that I will only be able to link the second set after the first set is used. This Military Discount ticketing is totally foreign to me, but I have to admit--they get a great bargain.

Quick Military Ticket question that I hope someone is able to answer. Son and DIL will be purchasing their tickets on base. They need 8 day hoppers but
1. the agent on base is telling them to get two sets of 4 day hoppers.
2.Will I be able to link both sets of tickets at the same time so the 8 days are seamless for FP+?
3. I'm concerned that I will only be able to link the second set after the first set is used. This Military Discount ticketing is totally foreign to me, but I have to admit--they get a great bargain.
1. Yup
2. Yes
3. Nope. Guests can have any number of tickets in MDE.
FPs are not linked to specific tickets. There just needs to be enough "days" worth of tickets in MDE to cover the number of FP days.

Last edited:
1. Yup
2. Yes
3. Nope. Guests can have any number of tickets in MDE.
FPs are not linked to specific tickets. There just needs to be enough "days" worth of tickets in MDE to cover the number of FP days.

Fabulous! Thanks Robo! :cheer2:

I am planning a trip in June for 3 adults 2 of us will likely go back in the fall and early spring 2018. I was going to do a park hopper for Mom and am looking at getting an annual pass for the other two. Should I get park hoppers for all three of us then upgrade the two once I get there so that we can use the 60 day window for onsite guests for FP +?
How does this work?

I am planning a trip in June for 3 adults 2 of us will likely go back in the fall and early spring 2018. I was going to do a park hopper for Mom and am looking at getting an annual pass for the other two.
1. Should I get park hoppers for all three of us then upgrade the two once I get there so that we can use the 60 day window for onsite guests for FP +?
2. How does this work?

1. Yes.
2. Read the "Upgrading Tickets" section found in the listing of my first post in this Sticky thread. (Click HERE.)
After you upgrade, your pre-booked FP+ will still remain valid.
If you have further questions, post back.

Thanks for a very helpful thread! Just checking on one thing I haven't seen answered here. I am planning to upgrade my unused park hopper ticket to a platinum AP on a resort only trip in January just in case there is a price increase soon. I planned to ask for an AP voucher and not activate until December. Will this work?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!