We just purchased the promotional 4-Park magic ticket, price seemed too good!

2 adults, 1 child = $817

Does anyone have any idea how or if we can convert one of those days to a hopper? Our kids are young and feel like it would be nice to do only a half day at animal kingdom and revisit another park the same day.

You can't officially add PH to the 4 Park Magic ticket, no.

That said, the computer system has been allowing people to use two of their park days in the same calendar day on that specific ticket, but you couldn't re-visit a park from a different day. For example, Day 1 at MK - Day 2 at EC - Day 3 at DHS/DAK would work, but Day 1 at MK - Day 2 at EC - Day 3 at DAK/MK - Day 4 at DHS wouldn't. There was a recent system update that may or may not have fixed this, since it's not really supposed to be that way, but I don't know if it actually did.

I wouldn't count on being able to park hop with the 4 Park Magic ticket.

Thanks for a very helpful thread! Just checking on one thing I haven't seen answered here. I am planning to upgrade my unused park hopper ticket to a platinum AP on a resort only trip in January just in case there is a price increase soon. I planned to ask for an AP voucher and not activate until December. Will this work?

Use the word "certificate" instead of voucher. Vouchers are something else in Disney lingo. :)

1. the computer system has been allowing people to use two of their park days in the same calendar day on that specific ticket... Day 3 at DHS/DAK would work...
2. There was a recent system update that may or may not have fixed this, since it's not really supposed to be that way, but I don't know if it actually did.

2. I wouldn't count on being able to park hop with the 4 Park Magic ticket.

1. Two days ago, I witnessed a family who had been at MK that day, and tried to enter DAK with their "4 Park Magic tickets."
After multiple tries and getting the "blue Mickey" (refused) result, a lead CM was summoned and he explained that it was
"One park per day on that ticket, and that they could go back into MK that day, but not visit a second park."

2. Yes. Very much so.

Last edited:
Good, sounds like they did fix the 4 Park Magic to work the way it was intended. Less confusion internally that way.

Hello. I recently made a room only reservation at Beach Club Villas for a trip in June. I will be purchasing our park hoppers separately through the WDW website no later than 60 days before the trip, so that we can take advantage of the 60 day fastpass+ reservations. Hotel reservations and ticket purchase will have both been made through WDW website, so will they already be linked in MDE? Will I be able to make fastpass+ selections as soon as I purchase, or will I need to wait until tickets are physically in my possession?

Hotel reservations and ticket purchase will have both been made through WDW website,
1. so will they already be linked in MDE?
2. Will I be able to make fastpass+ selections as soon as I purchase,
3. or will I need to wait until tickets are physically in my possession?

1. Yes.
2. Yes. (As early as 7AM Eastern Time, 60 days before your check-in date)
3. Nope.

To check if your resort and tickets are linked to your MDE account, just open your account and see if they are there.

1. Yes.
2. Yes. (As early as 7AM Eastern Time, 60 days before your check-in date)
3. Nope.

To check if your resort and tickets are linked to your MDE account, just open your account and see if they are there.
Cool, that's what I was hoping. Thanks for the help, Robo!

I have a RunDisney package through a TA with “3-Day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper Option + 1 Water Park Fun & More”. I have a room only reservation for 2 nights before I check in to my package reservation. Can I use my park tickets to get in to a park the day before I check in for my package?

I have a RunDisney package through a TA with “3-Day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper Option + 1 Water Park Fun & More”. I have a room only reservation for 2 nights before I check in to my package reservation. Can I use my park tickets to get in to a park the day before I check in for my package?

Unless the tickets have a "start date" on them (very rare) you can stop by any WDW Guest Relations and ask for your package tickets to be activated, up to 10 days prior to check-in date.

Unless the tickets have a "start date" on them (very rare) you can stop by any WDW Guest Relations and ask for your package tickets to be activated, up to 10 days prior to check-in date.

Thank you! That's what I was hoping.

At the present time, entry to Disney Quest (DQ) at Disney Springs is included as one of the choices for entry with the WPF&M ticket.
This may change, as Disney Quest might be slated for closure at some (as yet unknown) future date.

Still the current situation Robo? anyword on when this could change. Would adding WPF&M for the first week of March have a decent chance of DisneyQuest?

At the present time, entry to Disney Quest (DQ) at Disney Springs is included as one of the choices for entry with the WPF&M ticket.
This may change, as Disney Quest might be slated for closure at some (as yet unknown) future date.

1. Still the current situation Robo?
2. anyword on when this could change.
3. Would adding WPF&M for the first week of March have a decent chance of DisneyQuest?

1. Yes.
2. No word at all. Unlikely to change soon.
3. Yup.
But, there's no need to add the WPF&M option until you are actually at WDW.
The upgrade costs the same as buying ahead of time.

OK, just found this thread, great info! I want to make sure I have the correct information.

We (Myself, DH, DS 16, DD14, DD12, and DM) are going to WDW in March and have 6 day park hopper passes. We have another vacation booked for December 9-16 of this year and are looking at 6-day PH for that trip as well. In addition, we have a large group of extended family joining us on the December trip. We have already purchased our March passes for the 6 of us. I assume it is a better deal to go ahead and upgrade to the annual passes once we get down there in March. If we do so:

1. Will we get Memory Maker for both visits?

2. If so, does the memory maker start right away, as soon as we upgrade?

3. Will it be a problem if the 6 of us have AP in Dec, while the rest of the family have Park Hoppers? Wasn't sure if everyone on the same reservation needs to have the same time?

4. If we upgrade and get Memory Maker free with AP, will that cover our whole family group in December, as long as we are linked on MDE?

5. We are staying CL at AKL in March. If we decide to upgrade, can we do so at concierge desk, or do we need to go to Guest Services?

OK, just found this thread, great info! I want to make sure I have the correct information.

We (Myself, DH, DS 16, DD14, DD12, and DM) are going to WDW in March and have 6 day park hopper passes. We have another vacation booked for December 9-16 of this year and are looking at 6-day PH for that trip as well. In addition, we have a large group of extended family joining us on the December trip. We have already purchased our March passes for the 6 of us. I assume it is a better deal to go ahead and upgrade to the annual passes once we get down there in March. If we do so:

1. Will we get Memory Maker for both visits?

2. If so, does the memory maker start right away, as soon as we upgrade?

3. Will it be a problem if the 6 of us have AP in Dec, while the rest of the family have Park Hoppers? Wasn't sure if everyone on the same reservation needs to have the same time?

4. If we upgrade and get Memory Maker free with AP, will that cover our whole family group in December, as long as we are linked on MDE?

5a. We are staying CL at AKL in March. If we decide to upgrade, can we do so at concierge desk,
5b. or do we need to go to Guest Services?

1. Yes.
2. It actually starts when you get the first photo taken. The photos will be in your files from the beginning.
Getting the AP will simply allow you to GET the photos without paying extra for them.
3. Once you ARRIVE at WDW, each guest can choose to upgrade his/her own ticket, at will,
independent of the others in the group.
4. Yup.
5a. No.
5b. Guest Relations. Or, any ticket booth.

We have MYW 5 day PH for our Mardi Gras trip, 2/25-3/1. I plan to run the 2018 Princess Half, traveling 2/23-2/28 so plan to upgrade only my ticket to an AP while we visit this time. If I upgrade it on our last day of 3/1, when will it expire in 2018? 3/1/2018 or 2/25/2018 (the first day of the ticket I'm upgrading).

Also, my MIL in ready for me to purchase the Memory Maker now. If I do that, will they refund or credit the difference towards the AP upgrade? I have read some accounts they have for others, but am curious if this is something they won't do anymore.

If I don't purchase Memory Maker, but then upgrade later in the trip to an AP, won't I have access to all the photos that were taken on the trip?

when will it expire in 2018? 3/1/2018 or 2/25/2018 (the first day of the ticket I'm upgrading).
It will expire on 2/25/2018 - at the end of the day.

Because your AP is dated based on your first day of ticket usage, you should upgrade on the first day and Memory Maker is in effect for your trip. There's no reason to pre-purchase Memory Maker.

It will expire on 2/25/2018.

Agreed.

If I don't purchase Memory Maker, but then upgrade later in the trip to an AP, won't I have access to all the photos that were taken on the trip?

You will always have access to all of the photos that Disney takes during your trip.
If you upgrade to AP, you just won't have to pay separately for them.

Last edited:
Thanks hiro and Robo! Now I'm rethinking the AP purchase...if I'll have to buy 2-3 day tix anyway for the 2018 trip. We planned on visiting the parks for a few days after the race. I just need to do a little research on past AP room discounts/ promo release dates to see if the AP would be worth it for the room discount and restaurant discounts before the race. Regarding AP room discounts, can my room reservation with an AP discount run past my AP expiration date? If my AP expires 2/25/18, can I use an AP room discount for a room 2/23-2/28? Or would I no longer be eligible for the room discount past 2/25??

Agreed.
You will always have access to all of the photos that Disney takes during your trip.
If you upgrade to AP, you just won't have to pay separately for them.

I thought so...thank you for the reassurance.

Hi! This is a repeat question as we never got a clear answer and my trip is coming up! :banana:
We bought our canadian tickets at CAA and I'm wondering if we'll be able to upgrade them to AP while being bridged. I know Robo told me before that these should be bridged since they are sold by an external vendor but there is no actual testimony from someone who was able to do this. So anyone (robo? Ravenclaw?) can confirm that these can be bridged? :goodvibes

Thanks a bunch!

Attachments

• IMG_0287.JPG
    IMG_0287.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 5

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter