We're taking 2 trips to WDW this year. I'm an AP holder, but my husband and children aren't. For the first trip in March, we're staying offsite, and they have 5-day Park Hoppers already linked to my MDE account. That's all good.

For the second trip, in July, we'll be staying onsite. I want to purchase their 2-day Park Hoppers now, before any price increase, but am wondering how Disney "knows" which ticket to use when we hit the parks in March. I waived the free MagicBands for the resort stay, since we just got new ones a month ago, before we thought about a second trip.

Anyone know the answer on this? Thanks.

Just create a couple of fake names in your MDX and store the new tickets under them. When you’re ready to use those tickets, transfer them to the correct names.

Robo- I think you may have answered a similar question, but outside of this thread. I can’t find it for some reason...

If I have a one-day non-MK ticket, and I want to convert it to a one-day MK ticket, can that be done at a ticket window?

Thanks!

Edit: Wasn’t you Robo, it was @ravenclawtrekkie. It sounds like a CM might do it, but it’s not really standard procedure?

Last edited:
Haha, Robo must hate me

I might hate you, but I'd still answer your question if i knew anything about it. ;)
I've not heard of any MYW ticket, other than those bought by FL residents (and extended UK tickets,)
that can be upgraded after the 14 days following first use...
but that doesn't mean you can't do so with the DVC ticket.
I just don't know.
(Hating aside.) :)

I might hate you, but I'd still answer your question if i knew anything about it. ;)
I've not heard of any MYW ticket, other than those bought by FL residents (and extended UK tickets,)
that can be upgraded after the 14 days following first use...
but that doesn't mean you can't do so with the DVC ticket.
I just don't know.
(Hating aside.) :)

Lol, thanks!

Does anyone have recent experience with upgrading to an AP when you’ve pre-purchased Memory Maker in terms of having it refunded or applied to the AP?

I’m about 9/10 of the way decided to upgrade my 6-day hopper tickets when I’m there in Feb (I know, do it before I enter a park for the most value) - and I’ve pre-purchased Memory Maker, so I don’t necessarily want to cancel that just in case I decide not to upgrade because then I’d need to purchase it again.

Does anyone have recent experience with upgrading to an AP when you’ve pre-purchased Memory Maker in terms of having it refunded or applied to the AP?

I’m about 9/10 of the way decided to upgrade my 6-day hopper tickets when I’m there in Feb
1. (I know, do it before I enter a park for the most value) - and I’ve pre-purchased Memory Maker,
2. so I don’t necessarily want to cancel that just in case I decide not to upgrade because then I’d need to purchase it again.
1. That has no impact on the "value," either way.
2. OK.
There have been no first-hand reports that I have read that said that Disney would NOT refund MM when upgrading to AP, so that wouldn't be a concern for me if I was in a similar situation.

Last edited:
2. OK.
There have been no first-hand reports that I have read that said that Disney would NOT refund MM when upgrading to AP, so that wouldn't be a concern for me if I was in a similar situation.

Thanks!

I’m about 9/10 of the way decided to upgrade my 6-day hopper tickets when I’m there in Feb (I know, do it before I enter a park for the most value) - and I’ve pre-purchased Memory Maker, so I don’t necessarily want to cancel that just in case I decide not to upgrade because then I’d need to purchase it again.

2. OK.

I have a recent (12/19) experience I can provide some info on. I had pre-purchased Memory Maker with the package (Hotel+Dining+Tickets+MM) and went to upgrade our 7 day tickets to an AP. During the process my wife forgot her photo ID and since she entered the park 10mins prior they would not issue her an AP so I just went forward with mine and my daughters. She could not figure out a way to refund the MM and after talking with the managers and a bit of back and forth told me not to log into the MM site until I talked to my hotel about a refund. So later that evening we stopped by the front desk to ask about the refund of MM and they said they could not do it; after talking with a manger for a bit she just issued a room credit to take care of it.

Interestingly the next day when upgrading my wife's ticket it was $30 cheaper, when I asked the CM said she did some stuff not normally allowed. So not sure if that was a price bridge or not but we purchased the package after the ticket price change I thought.

Hi,

I have some old non-expiring WDW park hopper tickets that I am not sure how many days are left on them. Can I still exchange them towards a new Park Hopper? I realize the new PH's expire in a certain amount of days after first use. Will I get a credit a day for a day? Is there any way to check my tickets before we get there?

We haven't been to WDW for many years, opting instead for Disneyland and California Adventure. However, a short cruise will bring us up to Port
Canaveral in late October, so we decided to give WDW another go to see some of the new things and I've already made a reservation.

Hi,

I have some old non-expiring WDW park hopper tickets that I am not sure how many days are left on them.
1. Can I still exchange them towards a new Park Hopper? I realize the new PH's expire in a certain amount of days after first use. Will I get a credit a day for a day?
2. Is there any way to check my tickets before we get there?

1. Sorry, but you can't upgrade a ticket after 14 days from that ticket's first use.
2. Try making FP+ for as many days as you can.
Make these "test" FPs for next week (or so) and make them for very easy-to-book attractions.
If (say) you can book 2 days' worth of FP+, then that ticket has 2 days left.
If (say) you can book 3 days' worth of FP+, then that ticket has 3 days left.
(Cancel all of the FPs you will not be using.)

I have a recent (12/19) experience I can provide some info on. I had pre-purchased Memory Maker with the package (Hotel+Dining+Tickets+MM) and went to upgrade our 7 day tickets to an AP. During the process my wife forgot her photo ID and since she entered the park 10mins prior they would not issue her an AP so I just went forward with mine and my daughters. She could not figure out a way to refund the MM and after talking with the managers and a bit of back and forth told me not to log into the MM site until I talked to my hotel about a refund. So later that evening we stopped by the front desk to ask about the refund of MM and they said they could not do it; after talking with a manger for a bit she just issued a room credit to take care of it.

Interestingly the next day when upgrading my wife's ticket it was $30 cheaper, when I asked the CM said she did some stuff not normally allowed. So not sure if that was a price bridge or not but we purchased the package after the ticket price change I thought.

Was struggling with the same scenario - possibly thinking of upgrading to AP but not entirely sure. Wanted MM for sure but unsure of the refund policy, was told by multiple CMs that official Disney policy is that MM can NOT be refunded, regardless of whether you used it at all (like upgrading to AP before setting foot into a park on Day 1). The best advice any CM could give me was to NOT purchase MM before you arrive, and to upgrade to AP before entering your first park - thus, instantly activating Photopass.

I decided to purchase it in advance, knowing there was a $30 discount. If I really decide on wanting APs, I can go to Guest Relations before park entry on Day 1 and see if they can refund it (between official Disney policy and what Robo had noted above, I think the refund possibility depends on the CM you get). Regardless, we wanted MM for this trip anyway so I am ok with getting it before we arrive at WDW.

Was struggling with the same scenario - possibly thinking of upgrading to AP but not entirely sure. Wanted MM for sure but unsure of the refund policy, was told by multiple CMs that official Disney policy is that MM can NOT be refunded, regardless of whether you used it at all (like upgrading to AP before setting foot into a park on Day 1). The best advice any CM could give me was to NOT purchase MM before you arrive, and to upgrade to AP before entering your first park - thus, instantly activating Photopass.

I decided to purchase it in advance, knowing there was a $30 discount. If I really decide on wanting APs, I can go to Guest Relations before park entry on Day 1 and see if they can refund it (between official Disney policy and what Robo had noted above, I think the refund possibility depends on the CM you get). Regardless, we wanted MM for this trip anyway so I am ok with getting it before we arrive at WDW.

I think the problem I had was since it was a 'package' they could not figure out how to refund it. The CM said during the process she'd refund the MM at the end but then could not get it refunded since none of the conf numbers I had showed MM purchased. I think if you purchased it outside of a package and had a order conf number for the purchase (Not the MDX MM conf number) they would be able to process the refund.

I think the problem I had was since it was a 'package' they could not figure out how to refund it. The CM said during the process she'd refund the MM at the end but then could not get it refunded since none of the conf numbers I had showed MM purchased. I think if you purchased it outside of a package and had a order conf number for the purchase (Not the MDX MM conf number) they would be able to process the refund.

Sounds logical, which makes it IL-logical to Disney, LOL. Unless it is a really good deal, I don't think I'll be booking any more packages through Disney. Too many unbundling issues, no transparency with line item prices, often there is little or no discount on the room or tickets, and very little flexibility in terms of FP and ticket options. As the all-knowing Robo advised me, you have more options and potential savings if you can book a room only reservation at a discount and then link tickets purchased through a 3rd party (at a discount) to the room reservation via MDE.

Sounds logical, which makes it IL-logical to Disney, LOL. Unless it is a really good deal, I don't think I'll be booking any more packages through Disney. Too many unbundling issues, no transparency with line item prices, often there is little or no discount on the room or tickets, and very little flexibility in terms of FP and ticket options. As the all-knowing Robo advised me, you have more options and potential savings if you can book a room only reservation at a discount and then link tickets purchased through a 3rd party (at a discount) to the room reservation via MDE.

Yeah I am done with packages after that. I am lucky the hotel gave me a good will credit for the amount otherwise I think I would have been out that money.

Also even tho I had not posted in this thread up till today I need to thank Robo! Lots of great info here, thanks for all the info you provide!

Yeah I am done with packages after that. I am lucky the hotel gave me a good will credit for the amount otherwise I think I would have been out that money.

Also even tho I had not posted in this thread up till today I need to thank Robo! Lots of great info here, thanks for all the info you provide!

Just to clarify, was MM a PART of your package? Or did you purchase it separately? I booked a room + tickets package and bought MM, then added on a dining package later - my confirmation from my TA shows the MM as a separate line item so it's with my overall package, but it's technically not a part.

Also, did upgrading to the AP affect the Dining Plan you had? For some reason I thought that Dining Plan was only good with room and tickets, so it occurred to me there could be an issue.

did upgrading to the AP affect the Dining Plan you had? For some reason I thought that Dining Plan was only good with room and tickets, so it occurred to me there could be an issue.

Once guests are AT Disney World, they can upgrade individual tickets, if they like, without affecting any of the package features.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter