Does upgrading affect your selected FP+? I'd think not since on site you'd clearly be in the 30 days, but just double checking.

Also, is there a place to upgrade at IG or only the front of Epcot. If there is, I wonder if it might be easier to take a car to YC or Boardwalk and go into Epcot that way - less time consuming maybe?

1. is there a place to upgrade at IG or only the front of Epcot.
2. I wonder if it might be easier to take a car to YC or Boardwalk and go into Epcot that way - less time consuming maybe?
1. Yes. Two. There's a ticket booth and Guest Relations at the IG.
2. Guests not staying at an Epcot Resort cannot park there with the intention
of heading into a Theme Park.

1. Yes. Two. There's a ticket booth and Guest Relations at the IG.
2. Guests not staying at an Epcot Resort cannot park there with the intention
of heading into a Theme Park.

Thanks.

I don’t drive - it would be taking a Lyft.

Thanks.

I don’t drive - it would be taking a Lyft.

Kind of a long walk just to (possibly) save a few minutes at a ticket booth.

Your timing (luck-of-the-draw) will affect any of the upgrade locations.

Kind of a long walk just to (possibly) save a few minutes at a ticket booth,
but have fun!

I just wasn’t sure how long lines would be Sunday of Presidents Weekend.

And it would save walking back to WS to get the wristband for AP seating at the concert series and then back to the front for my FP+.

Then again, maybe I’ll just keep my GG dining package and sit in the dining package seats.

Hi,

I tried to search this thread rather than read all 150 pages of it but didn't find what I need.

I have:

....One adult 10 day park hopper from 2012 that was part of a package. Dad didn't go. Ticket never used. Ticket is on resort room card.

....One child 7 day park hopper from 2010 that was part of a package. Nephew got chickenpox and stayed home. Ticket never used. Ticket on resort room card. (and to make it even more interesting, nephew is now 11)

So what hoops do I need to go through to get these applied to me My Disney Experience Account?

We have a trip in April, the entire cast of characters are coming and would love to try for FoP fastpasses

Connie

I have:
One adult 10 day park hopper from 2012... Ticket is on resort room card.
One child 7 day park hopper from 2010 that was part of a package.... nephew is now 11)
So what hoops do I need to go through to get these applied to me My Disney Experience Account?
We have a trip in April...

Try putting the numbers printed on the tickets into your MDX account in the Tickets section.

If that doesn't work,
Call WDW Ticketing at
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

When you arrive, you will need to upgrade the child's ticket to an adult ticket.
(You can also add "days," if needed.)
Your price to upgrade may be somewhat high.
7-day ADULT PH Currently. Current WDW price: $516.53 (incl. tax)
7-day CHILD PH from 2010. Current upgrade value: $446.24 (incl. tax)
Cost to upgrade 7-day PH (child to Adult at current values) $70.29

Last edited:
I am planning a Disney vacation and a ticket question came up. We will be doing 7 park days and attending MVMCP one of those days. My plan was to buy 6 day base tickets and enter the park at 3 on the MVMCP day to save a few bucks. Will not having a “base ticket” that day affect our ability to plan fast passes for that day? I️ guess I am asking if we can still plan 7 days of FPS if we only purchased 6 day base tickets (staying on property, buying Disney vacation package). Thanks!

I am planning a Disney vacation and a ticket question came up. We will be doing 7 park days and attending MVMCP one of those days. My plan was to buy 6 day base tickets and enter the park at 3 on the MVMCP day to save a few bucks.
1. Will not having a “base ticket” that day affect our ability to plan fast passes for that day?
2. I️ guess I am asking if we can still plan 7 days of FPS if we only purchased 6 day base tickets (staying on property, buying Disney vacation package). Thanks!
1. If you don't have a regular ticket on MVMCP day, you can't enter MK until 4PM.
2. In the past, guests have been able to book 3 MK FP+ using just their MVMCP ticket with FP windows between 4PM and 6:30PM (actually the FPs would be timed 3:30, 4:30, 5:30)

BTW, unless you are buying a resort package with "Free Dining" (or other such deal that REQUIRES buying minimum tickets) I would NOT buy the tickets as part of the resort package, but just book resort as "room only" and buy your tickets from an authorized ticket reseller.
No advantage to buying the tickets with the resort, and in many cases, those tickets offer less
flexibility than stand-alone tickets.

:welcome: to the DISboards, Pamela!

Last edited:
1. If you don't have a regular ticket on MVMCP day, you can't enter MK until 4PM.
2. In the past, guests have been able to book 3 MK FP+ using just their MVMCP ticket with FP windows between 4PM and 6:30PM (actually the FPs would be timed 3:30, 4:30, 5:30)

BTW, unless you are buying a resort package with "Free Dining" (or other such deal that REQUIRES buying minimum tickets) I would NOT buy the tickets as part of the resort package, but just book resort as "room only" and buy your tickets from an authorized ticket reseller.
No advantage to buying the tickets with the resort, and in many cases, those tickets offer less
flexibility than stand-alone tickets.

:welcome: to the DISboards, Pamela!

Thank you for the feedback, that makes a lot of sense!

Just one more question about the tickets. What are the differences in “flexibility” with pirchasing through Disney vs. authorized retailer. I was looking at 6 day base tickets, not doing free Dining so I am interested in alternatives

Just one more question about the tickets. What are the differences in “flexibility” with pirchasing through Disney vs. authorized retailer. I was looking at 6 day base tickets, not doing free Dining so I am interested in alternatives

If you were to buy the tickets as part of a resort package and your arrival plans changed so that you wanted to arrive a day or more earlier than you planned
(and stay at a different resort for that extra time,)
you could not book any advance FP+ for those days previous to your original check-n date until you finally did get to WDW.
If you buy tickets separately, you could re-book your advance FP+ for the day (or more) earlier than your original arrival date.
(You would be surprised how many times this has happened to guests who decided to change their arrival plans.)

Also, every person in your resort party would have to buy the same exact tickets if you book with the resort ticket package.
If you buy tickets separately, each person could have a different kind of ticket.

Plus, if you buy your tickets from an authorized reseller, you can get a discount on multi-day tickets.

Some popular/reliable resellers are-
UndercoverTourist.com
MapleLeafTickets.com
BoardwalkTicketing.com

Last edited:
Help! We bought AP's using DH's debit card and planned to activate them in December when we visit. Yesterday, DH had his card number stolen so he had to have the c.c company cancel his card and issue a new one. Will this present a problem when we pick up the tix??? I know the card you used to buy the tix is supposed to be presented at pick up.

Help! We bought AP's using DH's debit card and planned to activate them in December when we visit. Yesterday, DH had his card number stolen so he had to have the c.c company cancel his card and issue a new one. Will this present a problem when we pick up the tix??? I know the card you used to buy the tix is supposed to be presented at pick up.

Just tell the CM that the card was stolen and replaced. It happens all the time. As long as you’ve got the confirmation number and ID, they’ll find the tickets and put the appropriate note.

The CC verification is just an extra fraud prevention measure.

We have two day park passes (non hopper) however based on hours changes during our visit we may want to upgrade but won't know for sure until we are there. If after our second park pass day can we upgrade and hit another park? I was told that's how it works but seems odd. If someone can confirm that would be great - thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!