I added some days to my Canadian Resident park tickets last week and MDE on my laptop has been really acting up ever since...
with a message prompting me to 'call Disney if I'm experiencing difficulty linking my tickets'

Do that, for sure.

Do that, for sure.
Haha thanks, Robo. I just figured they must already be linked and that's what Disney will tell me, too, since it's only the computer that seems to have issues. My faith in the info on these boards is much higher than in Disney, considering it was Disney that messed up the linking to begin with!

I've started reading the many, many pages and it's probably buried somewhere so forgive me for asking :)

DW and I bought AP's online and know they need to be activated by going to a ticket booth. How late are the ticket booths open to be able to do this? We don't land until 5 at MCO but figured we'd have enough time to catch one of the fireworks shows that night.

Thanks!

I've started reading the many, many pages and it's probably buried somewhere so forgive me for asking :)

DW and I bought AP's online and know they need to be activated by going to a ticket booth. How late are the ticket booths open to be able to do this? We don't land until 5 at MCO but figured we'd have enough time to catch one of the fireworks shows that night.

Thanks!
Guest Relations or ticket booth will work.
If a park is open, a Guest Relations and/or ticket booth at that park will be open.

I've read the first page and back the last 12 pages or so and maybe I missed my answer, if so I apologize in advance.

I know the idea is to buy the ticket with the largest savings from ut or wherever to upgrade to an ap. But is that any ticket? I'm going in Nov for 9 days. Should I be looking at only regular tickets, I know it's not peak, and then whichever is the best whether it has hoppers or not? I'm guessing since I don't want them to ignore the wpm options.

Once I understand that my biggest issue will be whether I roll the dice and buy before the increase and hope they bridge to the new price or wait. The expiration date is what confuses me on which way to go since I can use it til Dec if I buy now and after the increase I imagine it'll change to Dec 2019. Hmm...

1. I know the idea is to buy the ticket with the largest savings from ut or wherever to upgrade to an ap.
2. But is that any ticket? I'm going in Nov for 9 days.
3. Should I be looking at only regular tickets, I know it's not peak, and then whichever is the best
4. whether it has hoppers or not?
5. I'm guessing since I don't want them to ignore the wpm options.

6. Once I understand that my biggest issue will be whether I roll the dice and buy before the increase and hope they bridge to the new price or wait.
7. The expiration date is what confuses me on which way to go since I can use it til Dec if I buy now and after the increase I imagine it'll change to Dec 2019. Hmm...
1. Yup.
2. Any MagicYourWay ticket.
3. There are no "peak" tickets EXCEPT for one-day tickets.
You won't find any discounted one-day tickets, anyway.
4. Doesn't matter which features as long as you buy the ticket
with the biggest savings compared to the WDW version.
5. If a discounted ticket which features the Water Parks and More
happens to be the ticket with the most savings (I doubt that it will be, but you never know,)
that would be the ticket to buy.
Just DON'T USE any of the WP&More assets before you do the upgrade.
6. I'm thinking that would be unwise.
7. That would almost certainly be the case.
I'd not buy yet.

I thought I understood the process to upgrade a ticket purchased before the Feb ‘17 price increase from a reseller (UT) to an annual pass, but when I went to Guest Relations at Disney Springs this evening they only wanted to give me the value that UT must have paid (~$392 for a 7-day child park hopper), which is less than what I paid for it and definitely not gate price as of the price increase last year. About $50 more to upgrade than I was expecting. I asked if that was right and explained that I had paid more than that value and he even went to “ask someone in the back” and came back to say that was the only value they would give it. Did something change recently? The last time I looked into this was September- and from my notes then they were giving me the Feb 12 ‘17 gate price.

I thought I understood the process to upgrade a ticket purchased before the Feb ‘17 price increase from a reseller (UT) to an annual pass, but when I went to Guest Relations at Disney Springs this evening they only wanted to give me the value that UT must have paid (~$392 for a 7-day child park hopper), which is less than what I paid for it and definitely not gate price as of the price increase last year. About $50 more to upgrade than I was expecting. I asked if that was right and explained that I had paid more than that value and he even went to “ask someone in the back” and came back to say that was the only value they would give it.

Did something change recently?
Nope.
So sorry that you encountered a poorly trained CM.
(I always love the "I even asked someone in the back" line.)

I hope that you try again and get a CM more versed in upgrade procedure.
Please report back.

The Disney site does often provide the price with tax on many tickets ("bottom of page" price.)
You just have to check the listing to make sure.

Otherwise, if that AP renewal is before tax, add 6.5% to the renewal number and do the math.

Thank you Robo

Nope.
So sorry that you encountered a poorly trained CM.
(I always love the "I even asked someone in the back" line.)

I hope that you try again and get a CM more versed in upgrade procedure.
Please report back.

Thanks! Looks like I’ll be trying again at MK tomorrow if I have time. That’s what I thought, but since I hadn’t been following this thread for awhile I wanted to check! I had all my numbers written down for what I should be paying and so glad I did! When he came back from the magical office I really expected him to change it. But I didn’t feel like arguing, he seemed very adamant!

Thanks! Looks like I’ll be trying again at MK tomorrow if I have time. That’s what I thought, but since I hadn’t been following this thread for awhile I wanted to check! I had all my numbers written down for what I should be paying and so glad I did! When he came back from the magical office I really expected him to change it. But I didn’t feel like arguing, he seemed very adamant!
I thought I understood the process to upgrade a ticket purchased before the Feb ‘17 price increase from a reseller (UT) to an annual pass... 7-day child park hopper...
A 7-day child park hopper purchased before the Feb. 12, 2017 should have an upgrade value of $446.24 (including tax.)
Subtract that amount from the current price (including tax) of the AP to which you want to upgrade.
That difference price should be what you pay for the new AP.

Robo... I'm currently re-reading your (very helpful) ticket upgrades info....and I'm confused. I have a 5 day MYW base, purchased in 2016...I want to upgrade to an 8 day base ticket after I enter the park (this is still the key,right?) so I need to calculate the 'pre 2/12/17' price of the ticket towards the CURRENT price of the 8 day at the gate? then add 6.5% tax? so if that's right (the 'pre 2/12/17 price seems kind of low) then I calculate old pass @ $362.10+$85.20= cost to upgrade to 8 days? (current 8 day is 447.30) that comes out to 28.40 per day for 3 extra days?

I have a 5 day MYW base, purchased in 2016...
I want to upgrade to an 8 day base ticket
1. after I enter the park (this is still the key,right?)
2. so I need to calculate the 'pre 2/12/17' price of the ticket
3. towards the CURRENT price of the 8 day at the gate?
4. then add 6.5% tax?
5. old pass @ $362.10
6. +$85.20= cost to upgrade to 8 days? (current 8 day is 447.30)
7. that comes out to 28.40 per day for 3 extra days?

1. Nope. There is no benefit (or downside, either) to entering a park before upgrading.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. Well, the price list of pre-Feb. tickets (the link I provided) INCLUDES tax,
so just make sure that the price you use for the 8-day ticket ALSO includes tax.
Then, you don't need to figure any additional tax after doing the calculation.
5. Yes. $362.10.
Current 8-day base $447.30
6. Yes. $85.20
7. You're correct.

Last edited:
1. Nope. There is no benefit (or downside, either) to entering a park before upgrading.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. Well, the price list of pre-Feb. tickets (the link I provided) INCLUDES tax,
so just make sure that the price you use for the 8-day ticket ALSO includes tax.
Then, you don't need to figure any additional tax after doing the calculation.
5. Yes. $362.10.
Current 8-day base $447.30
6. Yes. $85.20
7. You're correct.
Thank you!!!

Oh joy! First, thank you Robo for this thread. I will be honest in that my eyes glazed over when I saw how many responses :scared:

I will try to keep my question short and sweet. We have so so many passes with water park passes, Disney Quest, and I even think some min golf options that we have accumulated over the years. God only knows if there are even park days left on them.

1. Is any of the value for these options good towards park passes, or just their original intent?
2. What happens with the Disney Quest options that are on the tickets? Are they just forfeited?

Gosh. I think we have over a month's worth of water park options we will probably never use.

Anyway, thanks so much for your time.

Pam

We have so so many passes with water park passes, Disney Quest, and I even think some min golf options that we have accumulated over the years. God only knows if there are even park days left on them.

1. Is any of the value for these options good towards park passes, or just their original intent?
2. What happens with the Disney Quest options that are on the tickets? Are they just forfeited?

Hi Pam!
1. Just their original intent.
2. There should not be any "specific" DQ options.
DQ was just one of the multiple choices you could make. (You still can choose from the remaining options.)
(Mini Golf should be one of the choices you can make.)

Thank you!!!
@Robo- I just requested 2 family members to friend me on MDE. I selected 'only shared plans' which we have none of currently. That said, I can see the ticket entitlements,and the hotel reservations they made in my MDE list. (sigh) is this what it's supposed to look like? I'm concerned it'll look like I'm supposed to be multiple places (hotel) at once, and something will autocancel. Also 2nd linking question- for my Brother, he has a family,each with their own ticket. I sent the request,and he accepted, but I can see just his. Do I need to send the request for each person with a ticket on his account? and then I'll be able to see them thru mine,and make Fp+ for them too?

@Robo- I just requested 2 family members to friend me on MDE. I selected 'only shared plans' which we have none of currently. That said, I can see the ticket entitlements,and the hotel reservations they made in my MDE list. (sigh) is this what it's supposed to look like? I'm concerned it'll look like I'm supposed to be multiple places (hotel) at once, and something will auto cancel.
Also 2nd linking question- for my Brother, he has a family,each with their own ticket. I sent the request,and he accepted, but I can see just his. Do I need to send the request for each person with a ticket on his account? and then I'll be able to see them thru mine,and make Fp+ for them too?

Sorry, this is out of my area of knowledge.

@Robo- I just requested 2 family members to friend me on MDE. I selected 'only shared plans' which we have none of currently. That said, I can see the ticket entitlements,and the hotel reservations they made in my MDE list. (sigh) is this what it's supposed to look like? I'm concerned it'll look like I'm supposed to be multiple places (hotel) at once, and something will autocancel. Also 2nd linking question- for my Brother, he has a family,each with their own ticket. I sent the request,and he accepted, but I can see just his. Do I need to send the request for each person with a ticket on his account? and then I'll be able to see them thru mine,and make Fp+ for them too?

Calling Disney is the easiest way to get this sorted out and get all of the families linked. The CMs I have worked with have been really fast at addressing these when I have been linking with other families. (My most recent call was Sunday!).

@Robo- I just requested 2 family members to friend me on MDE. I selected 'only shared plans' which we have none of currently. That said, I can see the ticket entitlements,and the hotel reservations they made in my MDE list. (sigh) is this what it's supposed to look like? I'm concerned it'll look like I'm supposed to be multiple places (hotel) at once, and something will autocancel.
The "Only shared plans" options only works one way. Since you have it set for your connected friends, they won't see any of your plans they are not included in. In order for you not to see all of your friends plans (that you are not included in), they also need to set the view only shared plans option in their Family & Friends list.

Also 2nd linking question- for my Brother, he has a family,each with their own ticket. I sent the request,and he accepted, but I can see just his. Do I need to send the request for each person with a ticket on his account? and then I'll be able to see them thru mine,and make Fp+ for them too?
Go back to your Family & Friends list and click 'Add a Guest' again. The default option is to show "People you may know" which will include managed profiles of connected friends. If you select those you want to make plans for, an email will be sent to the managing account for approval. Once approved, you will be able to make plans for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!