Just thought I would let you know what happened. Ticketing couldn't help and said the only thing they could guarantee is that I could use the value of what I paid for the APs towards new ones. Told me to call MS for more help which I did. Took a long time on the phone but they were able to fix my APs and now the expiration date is 2030 and I will still have the 13 months too!

Very nice!
They went above and beyond to give you a good outcome!
Hurray for Disney and congrats to you!
Thanks for the follow-up report.

Very nice!
They went above and beyond to give you a good outcome!
Hurray for Disney and congrats to you!
Thanks for the follow-up report.
YES, isn't it nice when things work out the way you like and want them too.
I LOVE DISNEY!
Can't wait for our next visit.
As always, appreciate your advice and answering questions. Even though I have been going annually since 2006 and a DVC member since 2008 I always like knowing I can come here and ask questions and get help.

2. Nope.
3. Nope.
4. Nope.

1. Create a new "fake person" (just a a made-up name) in your MyDisneyExperience account and,
after you arrive at WDW before going into a park, transfer all of the package tickets that you want to "save"
under that "fake name." Your tickets will remain unused until such time as you transfer them back to
your real names when you are ready to use those package tickets.

Thanks much!

My son upgraded his family from 7-day park hopper to an 8-day park hopper at Animal Kingdom and I think he got a pixie dusting today. The CM mentioned that the tickets (four tickets) had a good discounted price. The tickets were purchased from UnderCover Tourist when 2017 price increase was coming out. They were actually 2016 priced tickets; there have been two increases since then.

The CM said something about over-riding or something to that effect so the cost to add a day was $10 for each ticket. My son was not charged the price difference between the original ticket Disney price and the current Disney price so he got an extra day added to four tickets for a little over $40; just like the "old days".pixiedust:

Last edited:

My son upgraded his family from 7-day park hopper to an 8-day park hopper at Animal Kingdom and I think he got a pixie dusting today. The CM mentioned that the tickets (four tickets) had a good discounted price. The tickets were purchased from UnderCover Tourist when 2017 price increase was coming out. They were actually 2016 priced tickets; there have been two increase since then.

The CM said something about over-riding or something to that effect so the cost to add a day was $10 for each ticket. My son was not charged the price difference between the original ticket Disney price and the current Disney price so he got an extra day added to four tickets for a little over $40; just like the "old days".pixiedust:

Very nice!
Gotta love the Pixie Dust!

I was poking around on my MDE this morning and noticed that I could reassign my non-expiring PH tix to others listed in my friends and family list. I have one day left on that ticket but will not be using it since I will be activating and using my AP. I was wondering if it was a glitch that I could reassign my non-expiring PH (I have previously used a few days) or is it a new option? Also, once activated, will my AP stay on top of my ticket list so I don't have to go and prioritize my tickets on my second trip?

I was poking around on my MDE this morning and noticed that I could reassign my non-expiring PH tix to others listed in my friends and family list. I have one day left on that ticket but will not be using it since I will be activating and using my AP.

1. I was wondering if it was a glitch that I could reassign my non-expiring PH (I have previously used a few days) or is it a new option? Also,
2. once activated, will my AP stay on top of my ticket list
3. so I don't have to go and prioritize my tickets on my second trip?

1. Gotta figure a "glitch feature" and not one to trifle with until more info is known.
Don't do the transfer.
2. That's also not something to be sure about.
3. You absolutely SHOULD set the correct priority at Guest Relations before entering a park,
AND you might want to double-check a time or two during your trip(s.)
And, I would have the priority "re-set" at the beginning of the second trip, just to be safer.

Last edited:

I have an AP and a one-day on-site reservation so I was able to make FP once I was 60 days our for 7 days. Now I am 30 days out from the rest of my trip and I cannot make additional FP selections - MDE keeps telling me I have reached my FP limit.

Thoughts on what I should do?

Thanks!

I have an AP and a one-day on-site reservation so I was able to make FP once I was 60 days our for 7 days. Now I am 30 days out from the rest of my trip and I cannot make additional FP selections - MDE keeps telling me I have reached my FP limit.

Thoughts on what I should do?

Thanks!

Sorry, but this is actually a FastPass question (not tickets.)

I can tell you that (from my limited FP knowledge,) with your AP,
you can book FPs up to 7 days, PLUS UP TO the remaining number of continuous WDW Resort days
that you have reserved.
But, you said that you only have a one-day on-site reservation, and you booked 7 days of FP.
(The 7 days would normally be the maximum advance FP booking using an AP.)
To me, that would appear to be your FP booking limit with only having the one-night WDW resort reservation.

BTW, you did not disclose what would make up "the rest of (your) trip,"
so I don't know the number of days, what else you have reserved, or where you are staying.

Last edited:
Taking in on my son's luck, my daughter went to Animal Kingdom after arriving Sunday and added a day to her 2016 priced ticket and was only charged $10. Pixie dusted my family twice. (In both cases, they added one day to their 7-day park hopper.)

I doubt I'll be so lucky when we go if we upgrade our old 7-day park hoppers. If we try to upgrade, I've convinced myself to do it at Animal Kingdom.:)

Taking in on my son's luck, my daughter went to Animal Kingdom after arriving Sunday and added a day to her 2016 priced ticket and was only charged $10. Pixie dusted my family twice. (In both cases, they added one day to their 7-day park hopper.)

I doubt I'll be so lucky when we go if we upgrade our old 7-day park hoppers. If we try to upgrade, I've convinced myself to do it at Animal Kingdom.:)

Great news!

We have never expire tickets on our MDE but would like to use a 10 day hopper we have instead. I saw you sat to go to Gues Service to have them prioritized. Will only Gues services at a park work or will Disney Springs or our Hotel work as well?

We have never expire tickets on our MDE but would like to use a 10 day hopper we have instead. I saw you sat to go to Gues Service to have them prioritized. Will only Gues services at a park work or will Disney Springs or our Hotel work as well?

The locations are called "Guest Relations."
("Guest Services" carry luggage, etc.)

Guest Relations are at the theme parks, water parks, and Disney Springs.
I don't know if the Concierge desk CMs at the WDW resorts can prioritize tickets, but I'd
be more confident about Guest Relations doing the process.

Hi,

I have an upgrade question. We bought my mother a 3-day FL resident Discover Disney ticket last month, and she only used 2 days on it. We are going back next week, and she would like to come with us. Is it possible to upgrade her 3-day Discover Disney ticket to a 4-day ticket? The price difference is around $20 I think so it would be a major savings over buying a single day ticket. Thanks in advance if anyone knows the answer!

Hi,

I have an upgrade question. We bought my mother a 3-day FL resident Discover Disney ticket last month, and she only used 2 days on it. We are going back next week, and she would like to come with us. Is it possible to upgrade her 3-day Discover Disney ticket to a 4-day ticket? The price difference is around $20 I think so it would be a major savings over buying a single day ticket. Thanks in advance if anyone knows the answer!

I'm not certain, but I think Florida residents can upgrade at any time as long as their current ticket is still valid.
I hope someone in Florida replies.

First off, thanks so much for those who contribute to answer so many of our questions!

I have an upgrade/dining question. We will be upgrading to annual passes on our next trip using our already-purchased 7d park hoppers. We also have prepaid for CRT. Can we still take advantage of the 10% off at CRT if we upgrade before dining there?

First off, thanks so much for those who contribute to answer so many of our questions!

I have an upgrade/dining question. We will be upgrading to annual passes on our next trip using our already-purchased 7d park hoppers. We also have prepaid for CRT. Can we still take advantage of the 10% off at CRT if we upgrade before dining there?

Yes.

I'm not not sure how to physically get the discount. You might have to make a special arrangement at the restaurant to "rebook" at the lower rate.

This is really a "Restaurants" question (click HERE)
rather than a ticket question.

Last edited:
Hi,

Yep, this is fine. It should cost exactly $21.30 with tax if the 3-day was a base ticket (no PH). Make sure she brings her FL ID as the CM is supposed to ask for it when upgrading the ticket.

I'm looking for AP renewal advice.

Our APs expire 11/17/2018. We won't be returning until 3/1/2018.

Should we renew in this year and get the discount, or would it be a better value to wait and buy fresh ones in 2019?

We are taking 2020 as an "off year" to travel elsewhere.

What do you guys think?

I'm looking for AP renewal advice.

Our APs expire 11/17/2018.

1. We won't be returning until 3/1/2018.
2. Should we renew in this year and get the discount, or would it be a better value to wait and buy fresh ones in 2019?
We are taking 2020 as an "off year" to travel elsewhere.
3. What do you guys think?

1. You must mean, 3/1/2019.

2. You will be saving money if you DO renew your current AP...
IF you will NOT be making a trip with any park days needed after 11/17/2019 and for (at least) the first couple of months in 2020.

If you KNOW your upcoming trip needs (for sure,)
it MIGHT even make sense to not buy an AP at all
but just buy tickets for your 3/1/2019 trip.
Don't know how many "days" that will be,
park hoppers needed?
Memory Maker?
Parking?

You didn't include any details (not even the kind of AP that you have) so we really
can't evaluate much further.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!