Hi! I have an unusual situation. Using point form here for ease of reading (sorry for the length)...I am looking to find a solution based on the following:

- Background: We are members of a points rewards type program. The company offers Disney tickets on their website and people can redeem points for set types of tickets (base tickets of 5 or 7 days).

- However, we requested to redeem a large amount of reward points for different, more specific types of tickets so that we would not have to upgrade at the park and could book fastpasses for an additional day in advance and add Hoppers (if you have a certain number of points you can request points quotes for items not listed in the catalogue).

- They asked for our shipping address so we assumed they would send us physical tickets.

- Yesterday, we received an email forwarded by them from Disney - to their email address - that the tickets were available at the gate.

- We asked for them to send us the tickets as we need the numbers and were again told to pick up at the gate. I replied that I needed ticket numbers.

1.- While waiting to hear back, I read that we could maybe link the confirmation number to our account for "will call" tickets, but when I tried that, it said they were linked to an account already.

- I think that this company created a personal account to buy the tickets!

2. - Is there anyway to assign the tickets to our family's My Disney Experience now that they did this thing?

The email from Disney even indicates that
3a. the original payment method
3a.and ID are needed to pick up any tickets that aren't linked, which we clearly can't do, so I have no idea why they did not contact us to advise how they were obtaining the tickets as
4. I would have told them that this would not work.

5. If someone knows of any way it can be corrected so we can link the tickets, can you please advise? Thanks in advance!

1. Unlikely that the confirmation number they offered you is NOT the Disney confirmation number.
2. Since I don't know how "the company" with whom you are dealing handles their tickets... no.
3a. Very "handy," (it can speed things up if there is any difficulty with finding your "order" but not "required.
3b.
Yes. For SURE.
4. Can certainly be a problem when dealing with an "unknown quantity" like a "non-traditional" third party company.
5. Long shot:
Call WDW Ticketing at
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

Last edited:
1. Unlikely that the confirmation number they offered you is NOT the Disney confirmation number.
2. Since I don't know how "the company" with whom you are dealing handles their tickets... no.
3a. Very "handy," (it can speed things up if there is any difficulty with finding your "order" but not "required.
3b.
Yes. For SURE.
4. Can certainly be a problem when dealing with an "unknown quantity" like a "non-traditional" third party company.
5. Long shot:
Call WDW Ticketing at
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat
Thanks!

We currently have AP's. I also have free dining booked for December.... I've only paid the $200 deposit so far.

We will be in Disney next week. Do I need to do anything to make sure that the free dining tickets don't accidentally get used for this trip instead of our AP's? I'm assuming they aren't even valid tickets since they're not actual paid for yet. But want to make sure I have all my bases covered.

We currently have AP's. I also have free dining booked for December.... I've only paid the $200 deposit so far.

We will be in Disney next week.
Do I need to do anything to make sure that the free dining tickets don't accidentally get used for this trip instead of our AP's? I'm assuming they aren't even valid tickets since they're not actual paid for yet. But want to make sure I have all my bases covered.
If the tickets CAN BE SEEN in your MDX account (now, and or during your upcoming trip) go to any ticket booth or Guest Relations
before you go to any park gate and have the APs' "PRIORITY" set to the highest priority.
The APs will then be used in preference to any other tickets.

If the tickets CAN BE SEEN in your MDX account (now, and or during your upcoming trip) go to any ticket booth or Guest Relations
before you go to any park gate and have the APs' "PRIORITY" set to the highest priority.
The APs will then be used in preference to any other tickets.
I can see all of them. So I will make sure to do that! Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. ☺️

My son would like to get tickets for all of us through his work. He said for his portion it is 2 adults and 1 child the amount is $1072 for 4 day 1 park per day. He could get DH & mine as well if I'd like.

Is that a good discount?

My son would like to get tickets for all of us through his work. He said for his portion it is 2 adults and 1 child the amount is $1072 for 4 day 1 park per day. He could get DH & mine as well if I'd like.

Is that a good discount?

Disney Price:
$404.70 Adult 4-day base with tax
$383.40 Child 4-day base with tax
1192.80 Total with tax

Go to https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/ticket-calculator

From the site:

Every day we check the Disney World ticket prices at Disney and the most popular authorized Disney ticket discount wholesalers:

UndercoverTourist.com
OfficialTicketCenter.com
kgstickets.com (Kissimmee Guest Services)
MapleLeafTickets.com
OrlandoFunTickets.com
ParkSavers.com

We use those prices here, the Disney Ticket Discounts and Deals search engine for Disney World tickets. This search engine will find you the cheapest Disney admission for whatever you want to do.

The search engine can find hidden discounts and special prices. It knows all kinds of tips and tricks to save money on Disney tickets, too. For example, it knows that if you only want to visit a Disney water park once, a 1-day water park ticket is usually cheaper than adding the Water Parks Fun & More option to your Magic Your Way ticket.

All of the prices shown here include sales tax and shipping. Note that some vendors don't show these fees until the last step in the checkout process.

Last edited:
Annual Passes (AP or APs)

AP Activation:
Guests must first go to any WDW ticket booth or Guest Relations to purchase an AP, or get their pre-ordered AP certificate activated before that AP can be used at a park.

We are arriving at Disney on Friday with a brand new AP that was purchased over the phone so it is not yet activated. We are staying at the GF and were hoping to be able to just jump on the monorail and go right into the parks. Can you tell me if there is a guest relations window outside of the tapstiles at the MK? I really don't want to have to go to the TTC just to activate our passes but I can't picture a guest relations location anywhere else outside of MK. If there isn't a guest relations window outside of MK (besides the TTC) can we activate our passes at the hotel?

TIA!

We are arriving at Disney on Friday with a brand new AP that was purchased over the phone so it is not yet activated. We are staying at the GF and were hoping to be able to just jump on the monorail and go right into the parks. Can you tell me if there is a guest relations window outside of the tapstiles at the MK?

There is a guest relations window outside MK, as well as a ticket booth that can also activate your AP. Both are on the non-monorail side of the main entrance, outside the touchpoints. The ticket booth is a round-ish stand-alone structure, and the GR windows are right by the stroller rental, except on the outside instead of inside the touchpoints. I'm sure Robo has a map, but I am not that handy. :duck:

Wow this is a long stickie...:wave2:....apologies if answers already provided as I didn't have time to go through the entire thread.

1. When does the 12 month AP clock start ticking for an AP purchased online through DVC? The Chat person indicated that the 12 month clock starts ticking the day we first enter a theme park. I thought it started ticking the day we make our first Fast Pass reservation. So, if we check into BLT on January 5, 2019 and go to MK that day to pick up our AP and enter MK, do we have until January 5, 2020 to still use the AP?

Or, if we made the Fast Pass reservation for January 5, 2019 60 days in advance, say on November 6, 2018, can we still use the AP up to January 5, 2020 or only up to November 6, 2019?

2. I also asked the Chat person if the name used to purchase the AP had to match exactly the name on the driver's license (you know, just as the reservation for a plane ticket has to match exactly the name on the passport or driver's license used when one goes through airport security. He said yes it did. However, in our Disney Experience accounts we don't use our formal names...........we use for example Dan Smith vs Daniel Stephen Smith that appears on our Driver's License. And in starting the AP buying process online there doesn't appear to be away to adjust our My Disney account names.

Thanks for everyone's experiences! :worship::worship:

1. When does the 12 month AP clock start ticking for an AP purchased online through DVC? The Chat person indicated that the 12 month clock starts ticking the day we first enter a theme park. I thought it started ticking the day we make our first Fast Pass reservation. So, if we check into BLT on January 5, 2019 and go to MK that day to pick up our AP and enter MK, do we have until January 5, 2020 to still use the AP?

Or, if we made the Fast Pass reservation for January 5, 2019 60 days in advance, say on November 6, 2018, can we still use the AP up to January 5, 2020 or only up to November 6, 2019?

2. I also asked the Chat person if the name used to purchase the AP had to match exactly the name on the driver's license (you know, just as the reservation for a plane ticket has to match exactly the name on the passport or driver's license used when one goes through airport security. He said yes it did. However, in our Disney Experience accounts we don't use our formal names...........we use for example Dan Smith vs Daniel Stephen Smith that appears on our Driver's License. And in starting the AP buying process online there doesn't appear to be away to adjust our My Disney account names.

1) The day you first enter a theme park. So yes, if your first park visit with the AP is on 01-05-19, your AP will expire 01-05-20. Nothing to do with FP+ reservation dates.

2) Dan vs Daniel is fine. If it's something a reasonable person would accept as a derivative or nickname of the name on your ID, it's fine.

Upgrading and paying for AP

We are arriving today (!!!!) with 10 day hoppers--I plan to go to the park window to upgrade to APs this afternoon. Silly question but can I pay with my magic band or bring a credit card?

Thanks!
Rachel

1) The day you first enter a theme park. So yes, if your first park visit with the AP is on 01-05-19, your AP will expire 01-05-20. Nothing to do with FP+ reservation dates.

2) Dan vs Daniel is fine. If it's something a reasonable person would accept as a derivative or nickname of the name on your ID, it's fine.

Thank you very much, ravenclawtrekkie.

Disney Price:
$383.40 Child 4-day base with tax
1192.80 Total with tax

Go to https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/ticket-calculator

From the site:

Every day we check the Disney World ticket prices at Disney and the most popular authorized Disney ticket discount wholesalers:

UndercoverTourist.com
OfficialTicketCenter.com
kgstickets.com (Kissimmee Guest Services)
MapleLeafTickets.com
OrlandoFunTickets.com
ParkSavers.com

We use those prices here, the Disney Ticket Discounts and Deals search engine for Disney World tickets. This search engine will find you the cheapest Disney admission for whatever you want to do.

The search engine can find hidden discounts and special prices. It knows all kinds of tips and tricks to save money on Disney tickets, too. For example, it knows that if you only want to visit a Disney water park once, a 1-day water park ticket is usually cheaper than adding the Water Parks Fun & More option to your Magic Your Way ticket.

All of the prices shown here include sales tax and shipping. Note that some vendors don't show these fees until the last step in the checkout process.
I’ll start comparing to see if I can find anything less expensive. His discount looks pretty good, but I’m not sure if that was the ore-tax amount he gave me. I’ll have to find out in order to compare.

What Would You Do?:wave: Buy Now or Buy in October?:confused3

We are looking at purchasing the Gold AP (not as FLA residents but as DVC members). The most recent price increase we can find was Feb of this year.

We are traveling twice to WDW in 2019, the first time for in January 2019.

Would you buy the AP now or wait until late October 2018 when you need to start booking Fast Passes 60 days out from reservation date?:confused3

Pro Wait until October 2018 to buy AP's - Disney wouldn't do two price increases within 8 months, would it? Disney might offer the 13th month AP deal again between now and October as they did a couple of years ago,

Pro Buy AP's now - Disney might remove DVC cool kids benefit of buying the Gold AP, thus costing us around $260 more per AP if we are forced to buy the Platinum AP in October....buy now to eliminate that risk.

Appreciate the collective wisdom of the DIS!:disrocks:

I am trying to figure out my upgrade to AP price. Purchased from UT in May. How can I tell the "created date" if it's an e-ticket?

I am trying to figure out my upgrade to AP price. Purchased from UT in May. How can I tell the "created date" if it's an e-ticket?
You can contact and ask UT.
(It is very likely that it is a current 2018 ticket.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter