I am not sure if this is the right place to ask my question...I have a friend who is a CM who is picking up the Tourist Platinum Annual Pass for me before I arrive. Does this pass have a number that I will be able to add to MDE to book fastpasses now before my trip or will I have to wait until I arrive at WDW and go to guest services? This is the first time she will be purchasing a pass and is unsure if I will be able to book fastpasses before my trip or not (I will be staying on property). TIA

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask my question...I have a friend who is a CM who is picking up the Tourist Platinum Annual Pass for me before I arrive.
1. Does this pass have a number that I will be able to add to MDE to book fastpasses now before my trip
2. or will I have to wait until I arrive at WDW and go to guest services?
3. This is the first time she will be purchasing a pass and is unsure if I will be able to book fastpasses before my trip or not (I will be staying on property). TIA
1. Yes.
2. Nope.
3. AP certificates (unactivated APs) CAN advance-book FP+ just like regular tickets.

My daughter purchased two MK 1 day tickets last fall for herself and her daughter (not the most economical way to see Disney I know, but that's what she did) They could not make the trip so postponed until this fall. Now it looks like they again can't go. The tickets expire 12/31/2018. My questions:

1. Since they haven't been used can she just give them to someone? They are the hard plastic credit-card like tickets received in the mail.
2. The tickets are FL resident (I didn't think there was such a thing as 1 day FL resident tickets but the confirmation letter states that they are and has the language about having to provide proof of residency) so will anyone she gives them to have to show proof of residency?
3. Alternately, I read on the ticket sticky that if she lets them expire, unused, that she still retains the value and can apply that to purchasing another ticket later. Is there a time limit on doing that?

However, if this ticket is never used by a guest and allowed to expire,
the purchase price of the ticket is not "lost" to the guest.
The unused and expired ticket can be turned in at WDW and its original purchase price can be applied to the purchase of a new ticket.

4. Can the value be applied to any ticket? Specifically wondering if she can apply it to the FL resident Discover 3/4 day ticket that Disney sometimes offers that's good from January through June (assuming that it's offered again next year)

Thank you

My daughter purchased two MK 1 day tickets last fall for herself and her daughter (not the most economical way to see Disney I know, but that's what she did) They could not make the trip so postponed until this fall. Now it looks like they again can't go. The tickets expire 12/31/2018. My questions:

1. Since they haven't been used can she just give them to someone? They are the hard plastic credit-card like tickets received in the mail.
2. The tickets are FL resident (I didn't think there was such a thing as 1 day FL resident tickets but the confirmation letter states that they are and has the language about having to provide proof of residency) so will anyone she gives them to have to show proof of residency?
3. Alternately, I read on the ticket sticky that if she lets them expire, unused, that she still retains the value and can apply that to purchasing another ticket later. Is there a time limit on doing that?

4. Can the value be applied to any ticket? Specifically wondering if she can apply it to the FL resident Discover 3/4 day ticket that Disney sometimes offers that's good from January through June (assuming that it's offered again next year)

Thank you
1. Yes.
2. There are no FL resident 1-day BASE tickets.
HOWEVER, if the tickets are Hopper and/or Hopper PLUS, those upgrades ARE discounted for FL residents, so if the ticket has those option(s)
it would require FL residence proof of the first-time user.
3. Yup. (But, no time limit.)
4. Yes.

Last edited:
A. Yes.
B. "366" days. If an AP is first-used on, say, Aug. 3, 2018, it will be good through close of business on Aug. 3, 2019.
C. Yes. It will be good for use through close of business on Nov. 22, 2018.
D. Nope. Nov. 22.
Why?
In your case, your AP will be good for an EXTRA day.
That is undoubtedly because when you bought your AP, it was back when the CM issuing the AP could MANUALLY INPUT
the anniversary (expiration) date by hand.
(And, a CM setting that date INACCURATELY was very, very common.)
However, within the last year, that situation has been remedied, as a new AP will NOW "start" when a guest
actually enters a park using that AP for the first time,

and the computer will then set the correct AP anniversary date, automatically.

@Robo - quick confirmation to make sure I have my info correct. If we go to Guest Relations on 8/30/18 to activate our DVC Platinum Plus AP but do not enter a park until 8/31/18 then our APs will be good through the end of day of 8/31/19?

@Robo - quick confirmation to make sure I have my info correct. If we go to Guest Relations on 8/30/18 to activate our DVC Platinum Plus AP but do not enter a park until 8/31/18 then our APs will be good through the end of day of 8/31/19?
Correct!
Have fun!

My confirmation says 4-day Magic Your Way Base +1 fun.

These are meeting/convention tickets sold as part of an agency exclusive special.

You probably can add a day (upgrade) and you would get your purchase price as your current tickets’ “value” in the transaction.

Hi! Former Disney Vacation Planner here. Unfortunately, tickets purchased as part of a convention or agency "special" are ineligible for an upgrade. If you wanted an additional day, you would have to purchase an additional 1-day park ticket.

Hi all. I apologize if this has been asked before. I currently have a one day park hopper ticket for next week for a girls trip (170 before tax). I’m returning a month later with my family and we booked 5 day park hoppers as part of a hotel package (don’t know how much since it was all lumped into my package, but just looking online that should be 470). I plan to go again in March 2019 for two days before a Disney Cruise (looking at current prices that should be about 200). Since that means I’ll spend 840 in a year, I feel like I may have/will spend enough to warrant an annual pass. I heard that if I ask before my last day in the park, I can gave the money I paid so far for tickets put toward the annual pass. My questions are: how does that work with my one day pass next week? If I upgrade in the park then will the money I spent on 5-day Park hoppers also be applied toward the pass? Does booking that 5-day as part of a package mess up my ability to upgrade? Thanks for any guidance you can offer!!

Hi all. I apologize if this has been asked before. I currently have a one day park hopper ticket for next week for a girls trip (170 before tax). I’m returning a month later with my family and we booked 5 day park hoppers as part of a hotel package (don’t know how much since it was all lumped into my package, but just looking online that should be 470). I plan to go again in March 2019 for two days before a Disney Cruise (looking at current prices that should be about 200). Since that means I’ll spend 840 in a year, I feel like I may have/will spend enough to warrant an annual pass.
1. I heard that if I ask before my last day in the park, I can gave the money I paid so far for tickets put toward the annual pass. My questions are:
how does that work with my one day pass next week?
2. If I upgrade in the park then will the money I spent on 5-day Park hoppers also be applied toward the pass?
3. Does booking that 5-day as part of a package mess up my ability to upgrade?
1. Well, sort of.
You can upgrade as late as ON the same day that you use the last asset (entry) on a ticket.
However, you won't be allowed to COMBINE two or more tickets to create ("help pay for") a new upgraded ticket or AP.
2. Sorry, but that is not allowed.
3. Unless you have booked "Free Dining," you can cancel the tickets for your upcoming package and just make the resort reservation
for "room only."
Then, just upgrade the one-day ticket to AP during your first trip.

Sorry if this has been previously asked. We have a 5 day park hopper in connection with the free dinning promotion this August. Can I up grade to an AP for us without interfering with the free dinning proportion of the package? Meaning we are able to keep the free dinning when we up grade to AP passes.

We have a 5 day park hopper in connection with the free dinning promotion this August.
1. Can I up grade to an AP for us without interfering with the free dinning proportion of the package?
2. Meaning we are able to keep the free dinning when we up grade to AP passes.

1. Yes.
2. Correct.

I am planning on purchasing Florida resident passes for our family this year. To maximize our savings, I wanted to use gift cards bought at Sam’s Club to pay. When I went to purchase the passes online, the only option for payment was credit or debit. Is there any way to pay for the passes via gift card without visiting WDW? I want to be able to book fastpasses ahead of activating our passes, and I hate to give up on the extra gift card discount. I’m just glad that I hadn’t already purchased the gift cards!

I have a couple of questions regarding AP's that I can't seem to find anywhere:
1 - Does the AP holder have to be the driver of a car to get the free standard parking for the theme parks or can it be anybody in the car, including a child? Is there an age minimum for that benefit?
2 - I'm considering purchasing an AP. Would I be able to purchase a package deal (room and tickets) for myself with an AP and also family with just regular base tickets (staying in same room)? If so, how would I go about doing that? Would I reserve first and then upgrade my ticket ONLY? Or would we all have to have the same types of tickets or all have AP's to reserve the room package? Or is that even possible/allowed?
Thanks!

I have a couple of questions regarding AP's that I can't seem to find anywhere:
1a - Does the AP holder have to be the driver of a car to get the free standard parking for the theme parks
1b - or can it be anybody in the car, including a child?
1c- Is there an age minimum for that benefit?
2a - I'm considering purchasing an AP. Would I be able to purchase a package deal (room and tickets) for myself with an AP and also family with just regular base tickets (staying in same room)? If so, how would I go about doing that?
2b - Would I reserve first and then upgrade my ticket ONLY?
2c- Or would we all have to have the same types of tickets or all have AP's to reserve the room package?
2d- Or is that even possible/allowed?
1a- No.
1b- Yes.
1c- A child younger than 3 can't own an AP.
2a- There is generally no financial advantage in buying a (room and tickets) resort package.
If you DO buy a package, ALL guests in the same room/package must buy the same kind of tickets.
2b- Once guests have arrived at WDW, EACH guest can upgrade a ticket (or not) as they choose.
2c- Only BEFORE ARRIVAL.
2c- Yes.
But, again, there is rarely a need (or advantage) to purchase a room/ticket package.
Just make a "room only" reservation and buy tickets separately... even buy discounted tickets for more savings.

A. Yes.
B. "366" days. If an AP is first-used on, say, Aug. 3, 2018, it will be good through close of business on Aug. 3, 2019.
C. Yes. It will be good for use through close of business on Nov. 22, 2018.
D. Nope. Nov. 22.
Why?
In your case, your AP will be good for an EXTRA day.
That is undoubtedly because when you bought your AP, it was back when the CM issuing the AP could MANUALLY INPUT
the anniversary (expiration) date by hand.
(And, a CM setting that date INACCURATELY was very, very common.)
However, within the last year, that situation has been remedied, as a new AP will NOW "start" when a guest
actually enters a park using that AP for the first time,
and the computer will then set the correct AP anniversary date, automatically.

Thanks for this reply and explanation. I was really hoping that you somehow gained an extra day on non-leap years...would have allowed me to get the balance of this years thanksgiving trip and next years complete thanksgiving trip on 1 Gold AP Renewal.

Can an adult ticket (that is gotten for "free" with a free dining package, but not needed b/c the adults have APs) be transferred and used by a child in the future? TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter