I am considering buying our tickets through my daughters employer using Tickets at Work. If anybody has used this I was wondering if its better to use the e ticket option or have the hard ticket delivered. I think I would feel better to have the ticket in my hand and I do have time before I need to do my fast passes. E ticket would be convenient, but I don't know if there has been any issues linking these. We are staying onsite and have magic bands, so I shouldn't need to pick up a hard ticket when we arrive. I don't really know anything about doing it this way, I just heard about this, so any opinions would be helpful!
U should be fine with the-ticket. But...even a mailed ticket comes with a confirmation that you can link to MDE.

I will say that when I was looking for tickets...I found them cheaper thru touringplans.com ticket finder than ticketsatwork because their prices dont include taxes and fees and the 3rd party sites generally do.

Just make sure u are comparing apples to apples.

U should be fine with the-ticket. But...even a mailed ticket comes with a confirmation that you can link to MDE.

I will say that when I was looking for tickets...I found them cheaper thru touringplans.com ticket finder than ticketsatwork because their prices dont include taxes and fees and the 3rd party sites generally do.

Just make sure u are comparing apples to apples.

Thanks for your reply! I did a little more research. I didn't realize that was a before tax price and that they charged a fee. I don't know how much the fee is, but Undercover Tourist has the same deal at a better price, tax included, no fee.Thanks for pointing that out to me. I usually catch those things! :-)

Question. I’ve just purchased an annual pass. I haven’t been to a park yet to activate it. I got an email with a barcode. Will I receive anything in the mail? Some sort of welcome package? Or is that it?

Just a bit of fyi. I bought our tickets weeks ago thru my employers perksatwork program that got us significant discounts on our 3 tickets. Well I decided to upgrade my 10 day base to an AP and yesterday I called Disney to see if at all possible to upgrade to AP over the phone. Took some time and the CM did some checking...she was awesome ..and got my ticket upgraded. Gave me a confirmarion # and when I checked my MDE my AP was already linked. They credited me the full rack rate too.

Another poster on a different thread posted how they upgraded an UT 5 day to an 8 day over the phone as well. So maybe this is the new norm?

I am so happy its done and I don't have to hassle with it when we get there. Just gotta go to will call. Yeah!!

Just an FYI to people, I tried to upgrade tickets over the phone that I purchased from officialticketcenter, but got told that I could not since they were purchased through a 3rd party. I may try again on another day and see if I have better luck.

For those that were successful at this, did you give your confirmation code from purchase or the actual ticket number?

Question. I’ve just purchased an annual pass. I haven’t been to a park yet to activate it. I got an email with a barcode. Will I receive anything in the mail? Some sort of welcome package? Or is that it?
You MIGHT get more stuff, but you don’t NEED anything else.
You’re good to activate the AP.

Just an FYI to people, I tried to upgrade tickets over the phone that I purchased from officialticketcenter, but got told that I could not since they were purchased through a 3rd party. I may try again on another day and see if I have better luck.

For those that were successful at this, did you give your confirmation code from purchase or the actual ticket number?
I figured that if this process is changing (there is, so far, very little official info) it may take awhile for it to become “the norm.”

It has always been possible for WDW to upgrade third party tickets in advance, but in the past they chose not to.
There were cases in the past when they would do so, but it did not signal a new change in policy.
It remains to be seen if the recent couple of cases are a bellwether of things to come... or just isolated cases of “ ask nicely” and hope for a cooperative CM.
As always, stay tuned.

Thanks for your reply! I did a little more research. I didn't realize that was a before tax price and that they charged a fee. I don't know how much the fee is, but Undercover Tourist has the same deal at a better price, tax included, no fee.Thanks for pointing that out to me. I usually catch those things! :-)
I am glad to help! I ran into the same issue. i didn't realize at first either and thought what a great deal...until I went to the checkout. When purchasing multiple tickets...those taxes and fees add up fast!

I figured that if this process is changing (there is, so far, very little official info) it may take awhile for it to become “the norm.”

It has always been possible for WDW to upgrade third party tickets in advance, but in the past they chose not to.
There were cases in the past when they would do so, but it did not signal a new change in policy.
It remains to be seen if the recent couple of cases are a bellwether of things to come... or just isolated cases of “ ask nicely” and hope for a cooperative CM.
As always, stay tuned.
I didn't give them any confirmation. But they asked for my email and account info. I already had the tickets linked to MDE. I just tols her I wanted my 10 day base upgraded to AP. It took a few minutes of confirming but ahe got it done. Maybe try to link ur ticket to MDE if you haven't yet and then try calling back again.

I called 407-566-4985 option 5 (i think).

I meant to reply here...
I didn't give them any confirmation. But they asked for my email and account info. I already had the tickets linked to MDE. I just tols her I wanted my 10 day base upgraded to AP. It took a few minutes of confirming but ahe got it done. Maybe try to link ur ticket to MDE if you haven't yet and then try calling back again.

I called 407-566-4985 option 5 (i think

I meant to reply here...

Thanks. I'm hopping on me next attempt I get better results.

I meant to reply here...

I tried again. Tried rewording what I was asking for, but no luck . I had the tickets linked in MDE, but they keep asking for the confirmation number. I even asked if I could not find the confirmation number could they do it by email address. He then tried to find the order in the system (which was not going to be there, since it was a third party purchase). So I think I'm just going to wait till I get there to upgrade, but I would be interested to find out if anyone else has better luck.

Just confirming for those who have done price bridging recently... is it correct that Disney is currently NOT charging for the $20 difference between advance purchase & gate price (that difference is "eliminated" through the upgrading / price bridging process)?

Thanks.

Just confirming for those who have done price bridging recently... is it correct that Disney is currently NOT charging for the $20 difference between advance purchase & gate price (that difference is "eliminated" through the upgrading / price bridging process)?

Thanks.

The "gate charge" will be nulled out during the upgrade process.

Just a bit of fyi. I bought our tickets weeks ago thru my employers perksatwork program that got us significant discounts on our 3 tickets. Well I decided to upgrade my 10 day base to an AP and yesterday I called Disney to see if at all possible to upgrade to AP over the phone. Took some time and the CM did some checking...she was awesome ..and got my ticket upgraded. Gave me a confirmarion # and when I checked my MDE my AP was already linked. They credited me the full rack rate too.

I called 407-566-4985 option 5 (i think).
Thanks for the information on your experience. I had asked a couple of pages back about upgrading a military salute ticket to an AP. Because I have another ticket that I can put on my DH account to allow us to book FP for all the days were are at WDW I wasn't going to attempt to upgrade the salute ticket to AP over the phone (I planned to do it in person once we arrive). Since you had luck, I may give it a go. I'll respond back if I am successful. Luckily if they won't do it, I'm still covered for making FP. It would make things much easier if I can do this over the phone.

Thinking through all of our options to lock in prices before increase. I have a variety of ideas including APs and booking a bounce back with free dining for December 2019.

My question is that a bounce back requires 4 day park hoppers. If the bb is booked- can we apply the cost of the park hoppers toward APs before we arrive or do we need to let them be unused and applied after the trip?

I meant to reply here...

Wow.
I may try this as well.

I have some old 5-day (non-hopper) tickets (no expiration date - purchased in Feb. 2017) that I got from UT and been wanting to upgrade them to AP. I have been told I needed to do that in person, but this gives me hope to just do it early over the phone so I don't have to spend time at Guest Services on my arrival day.

I wasn't planning on linking them to my MDE account and just get them upgraded in person, but if linking them in MDE will help get an AP purchased ahead of time over the phone (just to potentially avoid any price increase before November), I may try this.

Though .. with all these price increases, maybe I am just better off keeping those 5-day tickets for a future 2020-2021 trip. $1027 for three 5-day tickets will seem like a steal in a few years .. especially if you go at the new "peak" times.

Looking to add another AP to our group, but with the new pricing structure going in effect in October we are looking at just buying the AP directly instead of upgrading a park hopper. Hoping to confirm how this works.

1. Buy the AP and make sure it is linked to MDE
2. Book fast passes as normal for resort stay
3. Show up at park and either a ticket window or guest relations can activate?
4. Scan into park and start having a magical time!

Did I get that right? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!