Regardless of the fact that a lot of people don't think AP are going to change tomorrow, I purchased 3 Platinum passes today with discounted Disney Gift cards. I was too worried about: 1. AP going up between now and our end-of-January trip and losing any savings and 2. Bridging being a time suck on my vacation.
Passes.jpg
My parents are DVC and they purchased their Gold AP yesterday.
Can you tell me why mine and my daughter's passes can be reassigned but my parents and my DH (Goofy) cannot? I don't plan to reassign them but I wondered why it's an option after they practically as for your SS# when you are purchasing.
On a side note, holy cow, $2700 is a lot of money all at once. :rotfl:

Couldn't you just convert your room only to a package by adding the two day base ticket? And if, for some very unusual reason, ticket prices lowered for your dates, you could just convert back to a room only reservation. I would think it would be best to add them to your package today.
I have not booked a room yet hoping for a room only discount on a deluxe since we are traveling during value season. Not sure what to do

Regardless of the fact that a lot of people don't think AP are going to change tomorrow, I purchased 3 Platinum passes today with discounted Disney Gift cards. I was too worried about: 1. AP going up between now and our end-of-January trip and losing any savings and 2. Bridging being a time suck on my vacation.
View attachment 358596
Can you tell me why mine and my daughter's passes can be reassigned but my parents and my DH (Goofy) cannot? I don't plan to reassign them but I wondered why it's an option after they practically as for your SS# when you are purchasing.

Do they manage their own MDE account? If so then only they can transfer and you will see it as non-transferable.

What do you all think should I buy my tickets today for end of August 2019. I only need 2 day tickets for MK and HS for my family of 4. Was going to do a room only booking and buy tickets separate. I'm so confused as to what to do. Thanks!!!

We are trying to decide the same thing. We really only want the 2 day tickets so there is no savings perse. But, I'm thinking if I buy them tonight I'll have more freedom as to when to use them. The new ones sound like you have to choose dates when you purchase the pickets and we are not firm with our 2019 dates yet. What did you decide to do?

Just purchased them through WDW. Price was actually a few dollars less than UT and Maple Leaf. I think this will be much less confusing. Thanks again.

Just purchased them through WDW. Price was actually a few dollars less than UT and Maple Leaf. I think this will be much less confusing. Thanks again.

Yup.
Disney does not offer 1-day and 2-day tickets at a wholesale price to authorized discounters.
The discounters must add on more money to the full Disney price if they sell those tickets.

View attachment 358596
We also purchased 3 APs yesterday to avoid any potential changes in price, and I agree.... But a nice relief to know it's done

Just noticed my MDE isn't showing expiration dates on our tickets and annual passes anymore.
Sort of sad as those dates on the screen helped me to keep track of which ones to use. Do you know of any way (shy of calling or visiting a guest relations window) to see the dates?

Just noticed my MDE isn't showing expiration dates on our tickets and annual passes anymore.
Sort of sad as those dates on the screen helped me to keep track of which ones to use. Do you know of any way (shy of calling or visiting a guest relations window) to see the dates?

Mine still show on my phone app. Is that where you are looking twinklebug?

Mine still show on my phone app. Is that where you are looking twinklebug?
Pretty sure the software is having a hard time discerning between my two APs and passes on my account. The dates are now missing from both places in which we can see them in MDE using both a windows browser as well as iOS phone.
Disney should be paying me to be a tester. If anyone can break software you're looking at her. :rolleyes:

View attachment 358596
Your bet paid off! You saved about $48 per platinum pass! Yay!

my husband has a 9 day ph pass from UT. wonder how the upgrade to an annual pass will work when we go in jan. ??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter