I lost on the AP bet. Good for you though, @mmps108! Happy for your win!

So I see they are still the old sale price on aaa so I am going to grab them. Anyone know if they email me a number to put in MDE so I can make FP ahead or what? It says something about picking the pass up at will-call. I am ordering aaa south online.

Nothing can be changed, upgraded or combined on tickets that have been partially-used over 14 days ago.
Old tickets with any "visits" remaining can only be used for the actual visits that remain.

Thank you!

I bought a bunch of tickets for an upcoming trip last night because i was concerned about a big jump. It ended up only being a $12 savings over today's prices
:rotfl2:

I lost on the AP bet. Good for you though, @mmps108! Happy for your win!

So I see they are still the old sale price on aaa so I am going to grab them. Anyone know if they email me a number to put in MDE so I can make FP ahead or what? It says something about picking the pass up at will-call. I am ordering aaa south online.

Update on this. After doing some mathing I've decided to wait and just get the APs at my convenience. I can save today buying through aaa at their old sale price, but I can save more by buying with discounted disney gift cards that I purchase over the next couple months. Going to stick with that plan. If I can hold off the AP until DD can get it using her DCP discount, then have her pay with discounted Disney GCs, I will be in really good shape, but I may need it before she goes through traditions.

Planning to upgrade my Park Hopper ticket to an AP in December. I'm just glad the price increase isn't more!!
I can budget another $48. And I just couldn't pull the trigger on an AP voucher....

Planning to upgrade my Park Hopper ticket to an AP in December. I'm just glad the price increase isn't more!!
I can budget another $48. And I just couldn't pull the trigger on an AP voucher....

Same here. Either way I knew I was going to be bridging my ticket in December to AP. So even though I did not want an increase, if I had known sooner I still wouldn't have purchased an AP voucher. Hopefully we won't have issues bridging.

Interested in hearing an update on price bridging soon. The savings I got on my UT hoppers would cover the increase in APs, if price bridging is still possible. But, even with the new AP pricing and without bridging (as long as I can still upgrade), APs are still cheaper than buying my 2 sets of 2019 tickets separately.

Looks like I saved about $16 by not buying next year's tickets yesterday. However, my December 2018 tickets (the ones that I already bought through UT earlier this year) would be $300 more now!

Interested in hearing an update on price bridging soon. The savings I got on my UT hoppers would cover the increase in APs, if price bridging is still possible. But, even with the new AP pricing and without bridging (as long as I can still upgrade), APs are still cheaper than buying my 2 sets of 2019 tickets separately.

Looks like I saved about $16 by not buying next year's tickets yesterday. However, my December 2018 tickets (the ones that I already bought through UT earlier this year) would be $300 more now!
Price bridging was created by Disney in order to protect thier authorized ticket resellers/discounters and allow their tickets to maintain thier value. I cant see a reason for them to discontinue that policy.

Question - if you activate an AP voucher at guest relations does that start the 366-day clock? Or does it not start until you actually use the ticket for the first time?

Same question for a Disney Select ticket (activating the ticket by showing your FL ID at guest relations but not actually using it until later)

Question -
1. if you activate an AP voucher at guest relations does that start the 366-day clock? Or does it not start until you actually use the ticket for the first time?

2. Same question for a Disney Select ticket (activating the ticket by showing your FL ID at guest relations but not actually using it until later)

1. It does not start until you actually use the AP for the first time.
2. It does not start until you actually use the ticket for the first time?

Question - if you activate an AP voucher at guest relations does that start the 366-day clock? Or does it not start until you actually use the ticket for the first time?

Same question for a Disney Select ticket (activating the ticket by showing your FL ID at guest relations but not actually using it until later)

If you activate your AP voucher at guest relations, your clock still doesn’t start ticking until the first time you enter a park. Be sure to get a card as you will show that to get discounts for restaurant meals and merchandise.

I'm a bit confused and hopefully can get some insights on this feed. We have an unused 2 day (child) base ticket we purchased in 2014. We plan on going back to WDW in Oct 2019. Will we be able to upgrade/bridge this ticket to the 7 day (child) base ticket the rest of us will have? I'm trying to get a budget together and am not sure with the ticket being so old how that will work.

I'm a bit confused and hopefully can get some insights on this feed. We have an unused 2 day (child) base ticket we purchased in 2014. We plan on going back to WDW in Oct 2019.
1. Will we be able to upgrade/bridge this ticket to the 7 day (child) base ticket the rest of us will have?
2. I'm trying to get a budget together and am not sure with the ticket being so old how that will work.
1. Yes. That 2-day child's base ticket will be worth $202.35, including tax. (pre-2016 prices)

2. That's not very "old".
Subtract $202.35 from the cost of a 7-day child's base ticket
(for the dates of your upcoming trip) and that should be the cost to upgrade.

Last edited:
Hi - I think the answer to my question is YES, but just want to be sure.
I purchased a room/ticket package for a trip in November. I am going to be in Orlando for a few days prior to checking in. I want to upgrade to an AP.
Can I upgrade a few days prior to checking in so I can use it before I check-in?
I plan to be at Disney Springs and will go to Guest Services there to do it.

Thanks!

Hi - I think the answer to my question is YES, but just want to be sure.
I purchased a room/ticket package for a trip in November. I am going to be in Orlando for a few days prior to checking in. I want to upgrade to an AP.
1. Can I upgrade a few days prior to checking in so I can use it before I check-in?
2. I plan to be at Disney Springs and will go to Guest Services there to do it.

Thanks!
1. Yes.
2. OK. (Guest Relations, in DS is called the Welcome Center.)

This is what I found doing a little bit of playing of the data.
(all prices below do not include sales tax)

Flexible Tickets

Purchasing the the flexible tickets option will always make the tickets go to the following prices:

1 day: $129
2 days: $245
3 days: $355
4 days: $445
5 days: $460
6 days: $475
7 days: $490
8 days: $500
9 days: $510
10 days: $520

It makes no difference how much the ticket is without the Flexible option, the cost of the Flex option will make the total the price of the ticket match the above list. So there's no way to "game" the system to make one 8 day flex ticket cheaper than another 8 day flex ticket.

Park Hoppers and Hopper Plus

Adding Hoppers is the same cost it was before today. It makes no difference how much the tickets are, with or without the Flexible Option. The additional price to the base ticket is:

1 day: $55
2-3 days: $65
4 days and up: $75

Park Hopper Plus tickets will always be $25 more than Hoppers, which is the same as before.

Ok, but instead of 4 day, it would be a 2 day ticket. So I can just apply the same math!! Thank you!!

Ok, but instead of 4 day, it would be a 2 day ticket. So I can just apply the same math!! Thank you!!
Oops!
I edited the earlier post.

That 2-day child's base ticket will be worth $202.35, including tax. (pre-2016 prices)

Subtract $202.35 from the cost of a 7-day child's base ticket
(for the dates of your upcoming trip) and that should be the cost to upgrade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter