I bought two 3-day park hoppers directly from the Disney website last month for $740 (pre-tax). If I'm thinking about upgrading to APs at guest relations, will I get credit for $740 or for the current value of the tickets with the new price increase?

We upgraded to AP 2 weeks ago. We will be coming for two free dining trips in May and Aug. We are buying the minimum 4 day PH passes and not using them. I have read the expired value will be able to be used towards tickets. Is it only tickets? Can they be applied towards a package vacation in future? Assuming they have a Free dining bounceback next August I would be booking for the following year and would love to use the value towards that vacation but I am not even sure if I can use one of the 4 day passes let alone both. thanks.

I bought two 3-day park hoppers directly from the Disney website last month for $740 (pre-tax). If I'm thinking about upgrading to APs at guest relations,
1. will I get credit for $740
2. or for the current value of the tickets with the new price increase?

1. Yes.
2. Nope.

We upgraded to AP 2 weeks ago. We will be coming for two free dining trips in May and Aug.
1. We are buying the minimum 4 day PH passes and not using them.
2. I have read the expired value will be able to be used towards tickets.
3. Is it only tickets?
4. Can they be applied towards a package vacation in future?
1. OK.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. Nope. Tickets are a separate category than resort rooms.

Did the multi-day Florida resident tickets kick the bucket with this change? I only see the 1 day pass (besides the annual pass) on the site now.

Did the multi-day Florida resident tickets kick the bucket with this change? I only see the 1 day pass (besides the annual pass) on the site now.
Not entirely sure what you're seeing. When I go to the Disney ticketing site, the first page asks me to pick between the 1 park per day, the park hopper, or the park hopper plus tickets. Once I click one of those, the second page asks me to select the number of days. (1, 3 or 4 for Florida resident tickets.)

1. OK.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. Nope. Tickets are a separate category than resort rooms.

Could it be used towards the ticket portion of a future package booking, ie example: $420 credit for Tickets unused to pay for $440 of tickets in a MYW package?

Could it be used towards the ticket portion of a future package booking, ie example: $420 credit for Tickets unused to pay for $440 of tickets in a MYW package?

Nope.

BTW, you can always "ask nicely" for whatever you'd like.

No. Tickets are a separate category from packages. The tickets can be used as they are or upgraded to whatever tickets you desire (more days, hopping, hopping plus, APs) but they cannot be used as a credit toward a future package.

With the variable pricing, if I wanted to use a 6 day UT ticket (non-hopper) to apply to an AP, what value will it have? Does it depend on when I apply it or would it automatically be the lowest rate?

Having never upgraded or bridged, am I doing this correctly?
If I wait to buy an AP until I'm at WDW, it's $952 (Platinum)
Less the value of 6 day non-hopper ticket (somewhere between $402 and $468)
Somewhere around $500 difference for the AP.

I know I'd read somewhere that with a UT ticket, you first had to use it, but I'm pretty sure I also read that was no longer the case. Can someone confirm?

Separate question--will we be able to add additional days onto unused park tickets? And at what cost (I'm specifically thinking adding a couple days to a 5 day child's UT ticket?); is there a set increase/day still?

With the variable pricing, if I wanted to use a 6 day UT ticket (non-hopper) to apply to an AP, what value will it have?

1. Does it depend on when I apply it
2. or would it automatically be the lowest rate?
Having never upgraded or bridged, am I doing this correctly?
If I wait to buy an AP until I'm at WDW, it's $952 (Platinum)
3. Less the value of 6 day non-hopper ticket (somewhere between $402 and $468)
Somewhere around $500 difference for the AP.
4. I know I'd read somewhere that with a UT ticket, you first had to use it, but I'm pretty sure I also read that was no longer the case. Can someone confirm?
Separate question--
5. will we be able to add additional days onto unused park tickets? And at what cost (I'm specifically thinking adding a couple days to a 5 day child's UT ticket?);
6. is there a set increase/day still?

1. Don't know yet.
2. Sounds about right, to me.
3. Yup.
4. No need to "use" the ticket first.
5. Don't see why they'd ever want to change that.
6. The cost would be the difference price between the ticket you started with (say, 6-day ticket) and the ticket that you wanted (say, a 9-day ticket.)

Am I correct in my math here? I have a 7 day park hopper from UT expiring 12/31/18. I want to add one day in December with a begin use date of 12/6/18. The cost of a current 8 day hopper starting on that date is $527.48. It looks like the value of a 7 day hopper at the time of purchase is $485.00. Would it cost $42.48 plus tax to add that extra day?

Thanks!

Am I correct in my math here? I have a 7 day park hopper from UT expiring 12/31/18. I want to add one day in December with a begin use date of 12/6/18. The cost of a current 8 day hopper starting on that date is $527.48. It looks like the value of a 7 day hopper at the time of purchase is $485.00. Would it cost $42.48 plus tax to add that extra day?

Thanks!

As far as I know, that would be correct (if neither of your amounts did NOT already include tax.)
That would be the case based on the procedures that have been in place for a few years, now.
(I don't have knowledge of any changes in that regard.)

As far as I know, that would be correct (if neither of your amounts did NOT already include tax.)
That would be the case based on the procedures that have been in place for a few years, now.
(I don't have knowledge of any changes in that regard.)

So I am planning to take my tickets from my free dining package and upgrade them to an AP when I go in December. Does it matter exactly what day I upgrade? Will my ap be good a year from the first day I used the tickets or the day I buy it? If I don’t get a chance to upgrade until say day 3 will I still have access to my photo pass pics from day 1?

1. So I am planning to take my tickets from my free dining package and upgrade them to an AP when I go in December.
2. Does it matter exactly what day I upgrade?
3. Will my ap be good a year from the first day I used the tickets
4. or the day I buy it?
5. If I don’t get a chance to upgrade until say day 3 will I still have access to my photo pass pics from day 1?
1. OK.
2. Nope.
3. Yes.
4. If you start using your original tickets on, say Dec. 15, 2018, and you upgrade those tickets on Dec. 18, 2018,
your APs will be valid through the end of the day on Dec. 15, 2019.
5. Yes.

1. OK.
2. Nope.
3. Yes.
4. If you start using your original tickets on, say Dec. 15, 2018, and you upgrade those tickets on Dec. 18, 2018,
your APs will be valid through the end of the day on Dec. 15, 2019.
5. Yes.
Thanks for the help Robo.

Last minute plan change to our trip and 1 adult can not go.

Can I use 2 - 5 day base tickets (mine and his) to upgrade me to an annual pass?
If so can I do that at the resort or over the phone before the trip?
Also kinda off topic but I had book FP 60 days out and it included all 5 of us. Is there an easy way to remove him from our FP's without cancelling them?

Last minute plan change to our trip and 1 adult can not go.

1. Can I use 2 - 5 day base tickets (mine and his) to upgrade me to an annual pass?
Also kinda off topic but I had book FP 60 days out and it included all 5 of us.
2. Is there an easy way to remove him from our FP's without cancelling them?
1. Sorry. An upgrade can only involve ONE ticket per upgrade.
But, you CAN just save the extra ticket for use or upgrade at a later date.
2. FPs must be cancelled one-at-a-time.
If you do so, make SURE that you are only canceling for ONE person, and not the entire group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter