Sometimes explaining the technical really doesn’t need to be done. In every manner that’s Exactly what upgrading a ticket is although yes, not to what they called the MYW ticket. I for one don’t care what they call it - just about the days it gets me in.

right?? and maybe not panic hundreds of people, er, well maybe just me and a few of my mates on the DIS :)

I've read that "promise" on DIS. Can you point to anything on Disney's website which directly states expired tickets retain their original purchase value? How long before Disney decides to charge a change fee or a service fee charged when utilizing expired tickets?

This whole thing looks complicated. I wonder why Disney doesn't just offer the flex ticket to resellers. Only offer the, possibly, less expensive date based pricing to guests booking a WDW resort package?

For the most part airlines stopped paying travel agency commissions years ago. Some TAs charge a fee for booking airline tickets. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney starts to reduce resellers.

It states it right on the ticket purchasing page in fine print. As long as the ticket has not been used, it retains it's original value. Just realized you might be talking about MYW tickets but I think the same wording was on their ticket page also. See below:

upload_2018-10-19_14-12-59.png

I'm curious whether it stays on there until the 14 day period is up. Not to go down another rabbit hole but I absolutely added a day to our tickets after all the entitlements were used last trip on check out day- the concierge desk was deserted the night before. But they did it at the gate to MK the next morning with no comment- I didn't realize at the time I was "breaking the rules" and I'm wondering if it's relatively easy for them to do during the 14 day period, even if it's not allowed.
This ticket is long used up, months ago. Well over 14 days, so it's hard to say. It shouldn't be visible any more.
How far after your entitlements were used? Same day or several days, but less than 14?

Sometimes explaining the technical really doesn’t need to be done. In every manner that’s Exactly what upgrading a ticket is although yes, not to what they called the MYW ticket. I for one don’t care what they call it - just about the days it gets me in.
This is actually why it's been a mess for years when folks go to upgrade a ticket. There's a nomenclature gap for some reason. It should be rather clear, upgrade is not a vague term. But for some reason it is. And forget about trying to use the word bridge. That's even worse.

This ticket is long used up, months ago. Well over 14 days, so it's hard to say. It shouldn't be visible any more.
How far after your entitlements were used? Same day or several days, but less than 14?
within 24 hrs. went to a park our last day and then decided to go back after checking out the next morning for a few hours before going to the airport

It states it right on the ticket purchasing page in fine print. As long as the ticket has not been used, it retains it's original value. Just realized you might be talking about MYW tickets but I think the same wording was on their ticket page also. See below:

View attachment 359448
Yep, and I think this wording is new with this new Ticket system. I hadn't noticed it before at least. It's always been done but now it's in writing.

I didn't even think about the fact we want to add a day when we go... I assume that we will be allowed to add the day. If MYW tickets can be made into APs. But will it be the extra price for the cost of the day too or just what it was going to be (like 10.00 per ticket)? I'm feeling a little confused and I read a few of the most recent posts and it seems confusion is a normal feeling right now... lol

within 24 hrs. went to a park our last day and then decided to go back after checking out the next morning for a few hours before going to the airport
That works with announcements I've heard on the Monorail/buses, etc. I haven't heard it in a while (don't think they make any announcements any more) but a year or so back, they ran promos about upgrading your tickets anytime within the 14 day use period. Now, most people are long gone from Disney after the last day of their tickets are used up so they aren't there 14 days later to test it out just how long it worked. But I do think it's always been something that you could do if you were there.

I didn't even think about the fact we want to add a day when we go... I assume that we will be allowed to add the day. If MYW tickets can be made into APs. But will it be the extra price for the cost of the day too or just what it was going to be (like 10.00 per ticket)? I'm feeling a little confused and I read a few of the most recent posts and it seems confusion is a normal feeling right now... lol
There's no doubt you can add a day to the ticket. The base price for the original ticket may be harder to figure out but you'll still pay the difference between what you have and what you want.

´Hi, I would like to know if I have to buy my tickets at the same time that I have to do the hotel reservation or do I do it later.

´Hi, I would like to know if I have to buy my tickets at the same time that I have to do the hotel reservation or do I do it later.
If you are buying the tickets separately from the resort room, you can purchase the tickets at any time before or after you book the resort.

Just tried to upgrade 10 day ph to ap. Was told 462.

Combine with what paid for uct ticket paying more for ap?!?!!

Just tried to upgrade 10 day ph to ap. Was told 462.

Combine with what paid for uct ticket paying more for ap?!?!!
Seems incorrect to me. So they only gave you a credit of ~$485 for the 10 day PH after tax.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!