Hi, I was trying to find out some more information on the new Disney pricing they introduced. The Disney sight was "frozen" so I thought I would ask the disboards folks!
We're probably going at the end of August 2019, 3 adults, non hopping, 5 day ticket is what we usually purchase. I saw that you have to pick the date of the first day of the ticket? What if that date changes, you decide not to go to that park that day?
Undercover tourist still has some of the old tickets left, do you think I am better purchasing from them now?
Any information would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you-

I purchased a 5 day park hopper that I've been holding onto since 2014. I was planning on upgrading it to an AP next week. So will they value my PH at the 2014 price and that's the credit I will get? If so, is there a chart somewhere so I can see what that value is (so I can prepare myself for the shock)?

I purchased a 5 day park hopper that I've been holding onto since 2014. I was planning on upgrading it to an AP next week.
So will they value my PH at the 2014 price and that's the credit I will get? If so, is there a chart somewhere so I can see what that value is (so I can prepare myself for the shock)?

On what date and from whom did you buy the ticket?

Most all of the ticket resellers tell you the amount saved over gate price. Use the ticket finder on Touring Plans, look at that and then pick the one with the highest discount.
The biggest discount where the "advance purchase" price is less than the cost of a Gold AP :). Also, remember that you can't (as far as I know) bridge in advance so you are limited to the number of days on the first pass for advance FPs. So, if you're staying 7 days, but the a 6-Day PH will save you more you'll miss out on booking FPs for that last day.

OK, so my head is still spinning. Does this seem correct?
I purchased a FD package starting on 12/15/18 with 6 day PH ($511.20 with tax)
Before the ticket increase it was $10.65 to add one day (to a 7 day PH)
According to the new ticket pricing, a 7 day PH starting on 12/15/18 is $570.20
So after the ticket increase it will be $59.00 to add one day
Is my math correct? If so--ouch! Almost a 6x increase. :crazy2::eek:

It’s because of your ‘start date.’

Because you have a package, call Disney and ask what the increase amount is to convert to a 7-day PH. Maybe there’ll be an error in your favor. :-)

It doesn’t hurt to call and ask.

Yeah, that having to jump up to pay current prices on top of adding a day is where it's getting you. That's without even considering your more pricey travel dates. If you just wanted to add a day without a price increase, then it wouldn't be that bad. These price increases can really mess with folks who want to alter their tickets

Last edited:
I changed 2 6 day hoppers to 2 7 day hoppers recently and the total for both was 65.90, around 32.00 each (of course tax). They will ask you what day and be sure to tell them the START date of your package as I was asked what date I wanted to add and I told them the last date which changed my tickets starting on the LAST day of my trip. I got it straightened out but not without a lot of nail biting. It didn't help that I was unable to see my plans and tickets during the fiasco. It's confusing.

ETA: The date I said I wanted to add was November 5th and the date I should have said was October 29th. Not sure if there is any price difference. I'm sure weekends and holidays are more. I'd really like to add an 8th day but I don't dare. I'll just go elsewhere.

Last edited:
I purchased it from Orbitz in Jan 2014 when ebates was doing the 20% cashback.
OK.
Figure using the “2016” price list in the “Cost to Upgrade” (Post #6) at the very top sections of this sticky.

OK.
Figure using the “2016” price list in the “Cost to Upgrade” (Post #6) at the very top sections of this sticky.

Thank you for this! So I think I'll continue to hold onto this ticket until I need a 5 day park hopper. I purchased two other 5 day park hoppers from UT last month and they have more value towards my AP.

Right I’m super confused and would love some advice please!

We’re currently in the world and have a uk 14 day ticket which we bought on the 3rd Feb 2018. We bought the ticket from a ticket reseller for £342 (roughly $444) we are a party of 2 adults and 2 children.
Full price ticket from WDW is roughly £375 ($487) (but at one point was £425/$552)

We would like to upgrade to Gold DVC AP’s (yes we are blue card holders)

We have asked a few CMs and all they have done is scanned one of our MB’s and have instantly quoted $205 to upgrade our ticket. Each. This was more than expected!! The value they have placed on our tickets is $444.

So they have not done any bridging at all.

Interestingly the MDE app gives $495 credit for our ticket each. Meaning an upgrade should be around $153 each. When we mentioned this, one CM states MDE has ‘bridged our ticket’ but I’m not sure how or what to and that math doesn’t make sense!

Last year we upgraded 3 tickets to an AP (using the uk 14 day ticket) for only $180. Total!

So the price hike was a shock. I totally get that the prices have increased!!

What id like to know is -

-Should the CM bridge the ticket or do they not do that anymore?!

- if anyone knows how much should we pay for the upgrade?

- has anyone upgraded recently?

-is $153 each the best we will get? If so we will obviously go for that but I thought we should get less!!

Thanks for your help!

We had no expiration cardboard/paper style park hopper tickets from around 2001 that I brought to guest services about 5 years ago to check if they had any entitlements left on them. I was surprised to learn that we had 1 day left on each. The CM at guest services exchanged them for plastic tickets. Two of those tickets were child tickets and were exchanged for newer child tickets even though my daughter had grown out of them. As she was not with me at the time, I was told my child (now adult) was to present herself to exchange it to adult. She is going to Disney with friends in a couple of months. Is she going to have a problem exchanging them? Will the CM be able to see that these were given in exchange of an older ticket? My concern is that she was already an adult when the change was made but they are really her old tickets!! Am I worried for nothing? I don't want her to have a problem.

If you look at the current ticket prices on Disney's website, do they include taxes?

Over the summer we bought a MYW package from Disney that included room, tickets, and dining plan for our early Nov trip. I think I remember taxes being included when they quoted us a price, but I don't know if that's true for the ticket-only part of the website. According to my research, our cost to add a 6th day will be either $12 or $39 per ticket depending on whether I have to add taxes. It's worth it for $12 but not for $39 since we'd only be there a few hours on our arrival evening.

> As she was not with me at the time, I was told my child (now adult) was to present herself to exchange it to adult. She is going to Disney with friends in a couple of months.
1. Is she going to have a problem exchanging them?
2. Will the CM be able to see that these were given in exchange of an older ticket? My concern is that she was already an adult when the change was made but they are really her old tickets!!
3. Am I worried for nothing? I don't want her to have a problem.
1. Unlikely.
2. Yes.
3. Yup.

A couple years ago I was given complimentary tickets when I stayed at VWL during construction. I didn’t even ask for them. A CM called a couple months before our stay, apologized about the construction and offered the tickets. We didn’t go to the parks every day, so there were days left on the tickets when we went home.

Those tickets still show up in MDE as “6 day park hopper complementary” with “one theme park day remaining” “valid thru 12/31/30” There is also an option to reassign ticket, but it does not work. They do work for booking fast passes.

Are these really valid days I can use, or would they not work at the gate?

Seems too good to be true, but getting them in the first place also seemed too good to be true.

Last edited:
A couple years ago I was given complimentary tickets when I stayed at VWL during construction. I didn’t even ask for them. A CM called a couple months before our stay, apologized about the construction and offered the tickets. We didn’t go to the parks every day, so there were days left on the tickets when we went home.

Those tickets still show up in MDE as “6 day park hopper complementary” with “one theme park day remaining” “valid thru 12/31/30” There is also an option to reassign ticket, but it does not work. They do work for booking fast passes.

1. Are these really valid days I can use, or would they not work at the gate?

2. Seems too good to be true, but getting them in the first place also seemed too good to be true.
1. Rule of thumb says that you will have valid park days that match the number of days for which you can make advance FPs.
2. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter