It tells you that it DOES, but AFTER you have made all of your choices and are nearing the “check out” section.

Thank you for all the time you spend answering our questions! It looks like under the new pricing structure our cost to add a 6th day to our MYW tickets will only be $1 more than before the pricing change. :)

I was under the impression that Annual Passes could be renewed until 30 days AFTER the expiration date. Our pass expired September 30. We were still considering renewing but everything I see on their website says it can only be renewed until the expiration date. Did the policy change?

66D0211A-9344-4E68-8726-832CC373EC05.jpeg
I was under the impression that Annual Passes could be renewed until 30 days AFTER the expiration date. Our pass expired September 30. We were still considering renewing but everything I see on their website says it can only be renewed until the expiration date. Did the policy change?
It did not change.
Frame grab is from the current WDW AP order pages.

Last edited:
Interesting, I definitely didn’t see that on the page I looked at. And the app wouldn’t let me renew. Could it be different for DVC discounted passes? I’m going to have to call.

Interesting, I definitely didn’t see that on the page I looked at. And the app wouldn’t let me renew. Could it be different for DVC discounted passes? I’m going to have to call.

Yes, to renew a DVC Gold pass you have to call Member Services.

Hi, with all the ticket changes I'm confused on how much it is going to cost to update to an AP for our upcoming trip. We purchased a package direct from Disney with FD and 10 day park hoppers for 2 adults and 2 children prior to 10/16. We will be arriving and checking in on 12/22 so plan on going to guest services that day to upgrade all four to Platinum APs. I called Disney ticketing and spoke with a CM that told me that the value they will apply to the AP for our package with 10 day park hoppers is $2,442.76 which is the current price if we bought the tickets today. However, reading some of these posts I thought that our tickets would be worth $2,172.60 which was the cost of 10 day park hoppers for 2 adults and 2 children prior to 10/16. I'm not sure how Disney values tickets bought part of a package? Does anyone know what amount we should expect to be applied towards our AP purchase? I want to make sure we know how much it's going to cost prior to showing up at Guest Services. Thanks!!

3 no just meant did I figure right and find someone who had upgraded after Oct 16 to confirm so I know that’s what I need to pay to upgrade. I can go to Epcot IG Guest Service and can do that . If price wrong I can say no and try again , but my math is right 648.59 - $511.20= $137.39. Thank you.
Ok here now went over to EPCOT GR and upgraded 6day hopper to DVC GOLDAP paid $137.39 was quite a line and slow process but they had it right so all is good Thanks ROBO for all the help.

Hi, with all the ticket changes I'm confused on how much it is going to cost to update to an AP for our upcoming trip. We purchased a package direct from Disney with FD and 10 day park hoppers for 2 adults and 2 children prior to 10/16. We will be arriving and checking in on 12/22 so plan on going to guest services that day to upgrade all four to Platinum APs. I called Disney ticketing and spoke with a CM that told me that the value they will apply to the AP for our package with 10 day park hoppers is $2,442.76 which is the current price if we bought the tickets today. However, reading some of these posts I thought that our tickets would be worth $2,172.60 which was the cost of 10 day park hoppers for 2 adults and 2 children prior to 10/16. I'm not sure how Disney values tickets bought part of a package? Does anyone know what amount we should expect to be applied towards our AP purchase? I want to make sure we know how much it's going to cost prior to showing up at Guest Services. Thanks!!
Not a good plan to take the word of a “phone CM” on these matters as they are not trained in proper procedure.

So, figure that you’ll get the full value on tickets prior to 10/16.
If the CM happens to offer the current value, just be grateful.

Not a good plan to take the word of a “phone CM” on these matters as they are not trained in proper procedure.

So, figure that you’ll get the full value on tickets prior to 10/16.
If the CM happens to offer the current value, just be grateful.

Thank you! We'll plan on the value of the tickets being calculated prior to 10/16.

Just FYI - Undercover Tourist is currently updating their website with the new ticket structure, they must have sold out of the old tickets.

It does look like the discount sites will be able to offer a decent lower price on tickets, I checked my corporate discount website and they already have things set up for the new pricing structure - I chose some dates in January that we were looking at, full price at the Disney website was around $112 per day and the same dates on my corporate website were around $87 per day. They tended to be in line with UT pricing so I'd expect something similar for all the discount sites that can manage creating functionality on their websites to offer date specific options.

Question, I have 6 day ticket bought from UT prior to 2016. I want to add PH. Will I have to pay to bring the ticket up to current price of a 6 day or just what it would cost to upgrade to PH from non as I have done in the past? Don't know if it makes any difference but we are going 12/16-12/22

Question, I have 6 day ticket bought from UT prior to 2016. I want to add PH. Will I have to pay to bring the ticket up to current price of a 6 day or just what it would cost to upgrade to PH from non as I have done in the past? Don't know if it makes any difference but we are going 12/16-12/22

In most cases, guests will have to pay the current cost for a current ticket in order to upgrade.

The procedure for calculating the cost of upgrading a previously-purchased ticket can be found HERE.

In most cases, guests will have to pay the current cost for a current ticket in order to upgrade.

The procedure for calculating the cost of upgrading a previously-purchased ticket can be found HERE.

So, the value of my 6 day ticket is $378.08. A current 6 day PH is $522.59 so I would have to pay $144 to add hopping?

So, the value of my 6 day ticket is $378.08. A current 6 day PH is $522.59 so I would have to pay $144 to add hopping?

Not quite correct.
With TAX, a current 6-day Hopper starting in Dec.16 costs $556.56.

So the cost to add the Hopper to your older (2016) UT ticket would be $178.48.

Hi. We bought 2 discounted Under Cover Tourist 5 day hoppers for our January trip a few months ago before the ticket structure change for our adult children. Looks like we are coming in a day early and would like to possibly add a day when we are down there. In the old days that would be about $11 per ticket to add a day once we were down at the parks and had used the ticket. How much will it cost now?

Hi. We bought 2 discounted Under Cover Tourist 5 day hoppers for our January trip a few months ago before the ticket structure change for our adult children. Looks like we are coming in a day early and would like to possibly add a day when we are down there. In the old days that would be about $11 per ticket to add a day once we were down at the parks and had used the ticket. How much will it cost now?

Just go to the "Cost to Upgrade Tickets" post at top of this thread (HERE)
and use the "early 2018" value for a 5-day Hopper... upgraded to a current 6-day Hopper instructions:

C __________
Find the full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you HAVE on the early 2018 Price list HERE.
Subtract that early 2018 price from the current full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you WANT on the current late 2018 Price list HERE.
Pay that difference price for the upgrade.

Just go to the "Cost to Upgrade Tickets" post at top of this thread (HERE)
and use the "early 2018" value for a 5-day Hopper... upgraded to a current 6-day Hopper instructions:

C __________
Find the full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you HAVE on the early 2018 Price list HERE.
Subtract that early 2018 price from the current full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you WANT on the current late 2018 Price list HERE.
Pay that difference price for the upgrade.
Thank you so much for responding.

OK based on your reply here is the math...I think:

Early 2018 5 day hopper based on the chart = $500.55
6 day hopper starting 1/8/19 (first day we plan to go to parks) = $520.79
Difference = $20.24 per ticket.

Is that correct? And I assume we can add the day any time during the week and it will revert back to the date of the first use as the “start date”. And thus, the cost diff is still $20.24?

Thank you so much for responding.

OK based on your reply here is the math...I think:

Early 2018 5 day hopper based on the chart = $500.55
6 day hopper starting 1/8/19 (first day we plan to go to parks) = $520.79
Difference = $20.24 per ticket.

Is that correct? And I assume we can add the day any time during the week and it will revert back to the date of the first use as the “start date”. And thus, the cost diff is still $20.24?

Yes to both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter