If your ORIGINAL package was booked prior to Oct. 16, and has NOT been altered, you can activate your tickets
up to 10 days prior to your check-in date.
If the package HAS BEEN altered after Oct. 16, then you can't activate early.

To the upgrade question...
Regardless of when your package tickets were booked you still can upgrade by "adding days."
But, the upgrade cost would be determined based on whether your tickets were booked before, or after Oct. 16.
But isn’t that the same as the question I asked? Thought you said they can’t be activated ahead of time. I’m confused.

The cast member is telling me I can’t pick up early if it’s linked to a package only if I buy them stand alone.

A cast member on the PHONE?
Yes I’m on hold and reading this forum as I wait. I called to ask them if I can still pick them up and he by mistake clicked a button and changed my reservation to a pool marina view when it was standard. Now the standards are booked up so he has to have guest services fix it and meanwhile I’m going to ask them since I booked so long ago if it will honor my early pickup. I would put it on my first reservation but if package deals come out for my second reservation I will save more getting a deal at poly rather than the AoA room only we have for the first couple of days if that makes sense. So want to keep it on my poly reservation

Yes I’m on hold and reading this forum as I wait. I called to ask them if I can still pick them up and he by mistake clicked a button and changed my reservation to a pool marina view when it was standard. Now the standards are booked up so he has to have guest services fix it and meanwhile I’m going to ask them since I booked so long ago if it will honor my early pickup. I would put it on my first reservation but if package deals come out for my second reservation I will save more getting a deal at poly rather than the AoA room only we have for the first couple of days if that makes sense. So want to keep it on my poly reservation

Below is from your first question in this discussion:

For example, we are doing Poly Oct 1-oct 7 and have a 7day park hopper. we decided to add on AoA Sept 29-oct 1. Can we pick the tix up sept 29 and use them? Will they let me switch my tickets to my first resort and honor the old price or is it too late? agh..stupid me.

Are you saying that you booked for NEXT October 1-7 (2019) but you booked it prior to Oct. 16, 2018?
The part that raises the confusion level is when you asked...

Now that it is based on dates will I still be able to use them early?

When you asked about "now" and mention a package in late 2019... I would have no reason to suspect that you had booked the package prior to Oct. 16 of this year... AND asked about tickets that are "based of dates."
The level of confusion runs very high when the specifics of booking dates is so essential
to defining changing rules.

Last edited:
Your original reservation would have allowed early activation of your package tickets.

Ok guest services told me I can still pick up 3 days before because I am under the old ticketing prices. They even let me modify from a 6dayph+ to 7 day ph.

I would put it on my first reservation but if package deals come out for my second reservation I will save more getting a deal at poly rather than the AoA room only we have for the first couple of days if that makes sense. So want to keep it on my poly reservation

But if you decide to take advantage of a package deal that comes out for next Oct. you will lose the “old ticket” status. As long as your reservation remains unchanged, you are good. Modifying the package will convert to the new ticket rules.

This is from the info thread about the new tickets:
For those with packages already under deposit before 10/16/18
Per @tinka-belle

Ticket pricing WILL change if:
• changing from rack rate to a promo rate or from one promo to another
• changing a room only reservation to a package will get the current ticket pricing, not the pricing at the time the room was reserved
• re-instating a package that has cancelled will have current ticket pricing
• changing ticket length or ticket type wull have the current ticket pricing

Ticket pricing will NOT change if:
• changing a resort or room type
• changing travel dates or # in your party though your resort price might change
• adding or deleting or changing a dining plan
• adding Memory Maker, ground transportation, trip insurance, or any other package add ons

You probably should do some number crunching to decide what will work best for your family's trip - leaving both reservations as-is or adjusting one/both for a new offer and converting to new tickets. You have several variables that can have impact. Good luck and enjoy your vacation!

Am I understanding this correctly: We purchased tickets from UCT at a discount. When we go to the parks, we may want to upgrade to a park hopper or an annual pass. Will we be paying a "bridged" price difference (IE: We will owe a difference of Disney's set prices based on the date of purchase that UCT was assigned the tickets VS what we paid through UCT)? Essentially saving more money?

Also, is the rule that you have 14 days from the first date of use to upgrade to an annual pass?

Am I understanding this correctly: We purchased tickets from UCT at a discount. When we go to the parks, we may want to upgrade to a park hopper or an annual pass. Will we be paying a "bridged" price difference
1. (IE: We will owe a difference of Disney's set prices based on the date of purchase that UCT was assigned the tickets VS what we paid through UCT)? Essentially saving more money?
2. Also, is the rule that you have 14 days from the first date of use to upgrade to an annual pass?
1. Yes.
2. Depends on if you bought a "Magic Your Way" ticket (previous system)
or a new, current "Theme Park" ticket, and, therefore, subject to its new rules.
AND/OR... when you actually use a ticket’s last asset.
For more precise info, you need to post the source, description and age of the exact ticket that you have or will have purchased.

Last edited:
I have two unused 1 day MK tickets that expire 12/31/18 that I will not be able to use. I have a friend who wants to purchase them for herself and her daughter. From searching the forums I have a vague idea of how to transfer them to her. I know I need to link our MDE accounts but not sure of the exact steps how to do that. And can we unlink accounts afterward? There would be no need to keep them linked as we don't travel together.
Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you

of the exact steps how to do that.
After you are linked to your friend, go to a ticket in the Ticket area of MDX. Select Reassign and choose your friend.

Repeat the steps for Ticket#2. Your friend can hold both tickets and then she can reassign them as necessary. Do it this way so you only have to link her.

After both tickets are linked to your friend and she confirms she has them in her MDX, Delete her Profile from your Fam/Friends list.

After you are linked to your friend, go to a ticket in the Ticket area of MDX. Select Reassign and choose your friend.

Repeat the steps for Ticket#2. Your friend can hold both tickets and then she can reassign them as necessary. Do it this way so you only have to link her.

After both tickets are linked to your friend and she confirms she has them in her MDX, Delete her Profile from your Fam/Friends list.

Thank you so much! I followed your instructions and it all worked out. My friend now has the tickets in her account.

I've got a trip coming up in May. I have 6 day base tickets that I bought from UT in February 2013. The price for those tickets was $284.41 (wouldn't it be great if tickets were still this low!). I'm thinking of upgrading to an AP while I'm there. I have a room only reservation. This is where it gets tricky for me! I've read the post about upgrading and I just can't wrap my head around how to figure out what I would have to pay to upgrade to an AP. Would it be the current gate price minus the price I paid? Or, would it be the 2013 gate price minus the current gate price with the difference being the amount I would pay?

I've got a trip coming up in May. I have 6 day base tickets that I bought from UT in February 2013. The price for those tickets was $284.41 (wouldn't it be great if tickets were still this low!). I'm thinking of upgrading to an AP while I'm there. I have a room only reservation. This is where it gets tricky for me! I've read the post about upgrading and I just can't wrap my head around how to figure out what I would have to pay to upgrade to an AP. Would it be the current gate price minus the price I paid? Or, would it be the 2013 gate price minus the current gate price with the difference being the amount I would pay?

Since your tickets were minted BEFORE Feb. 2017, you'd use the 2016 "Disney price" for their upgrade value.
Subtract that value from the current (at the time you upgrade) AP price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!