How do you know the date your tickets were minted when buying from UT? Is there a way to know ahead of time? Just trying to run numbers if we were to possibly upgrade to APs.

My upgrade/bridging experience was a complete failure. I've bridged UT tickets before and I was given the gate price. This time, I tried three different guest services locations and all three times, it didn't work.

I currently have a Platinum Plus AP, I was trying to apply a 7 day PH MYW ticket (bought last month before the price increase and change to Theme Park tickets) and renew to a DVC Gold pass. I was able to upgrade, but not for the amount I expected to pay.

I stopped at the AK guest services location. They scanned my unused 7 day PH ticket and told me it was worth less than what I paid for it. (I believe UT tickets scan at the wholesale rate.) I said thanks and moved on.

This time, I stopped outside MK guest services and I received the exact same information as at AK. I inquired about matching to Disney gate price, and the cast member said, nope, I can only offer you what the ticket is scanning for.

Next stop was at the guest services location inside Liberty Square in the MK. Again, it was scanning for a lower amount than what I paid for the ticket. I explained what it should be, he talked to a supervisor and she said that he could credit me for what I paid for it since I had my receipt with me. He didn't have any record of the pricing before the ticket prices increased.

I thought about leaving and trying another place, but I decided to just do the upgrade. The other two locations weren't even offering what I paid through UT.

A few days later, I stopped in again during the day at MK guest services, and ended up speaking with a supervisor. I told her I didn't think the amount had been calculated right. After a lot of figuring, she told me that it was correct. Disney doesn't match to gate prices when upgrading to an AP.

I guess I could have tried other locations, but I was very frustrated. In the end, I would have saved money just renewing online through Disney before the price increase.

I've bridged UT tickets before and I was given the gate price.

For a couple of years now, the amounted credited towards an upgrade has depended upon when you purchased the tickets (or more precisely when they were minted). Since you purchased tickets prior to last month’s increase, you would only get the value of that ticket as of Oct. 15th. Not “full gate price.” You can check the first post of this thread for a link to see how much that should have been.

Enjoy your vacation!

Would there be any advantages to getting my package tickets upgraded to an AP before I go? I know they won’t be activated until I enter the park. My daughter upgraded a couple of weeks ago when she got to the parks and it was not letting her get her pictures. I was wondering if getting it paid for ahead of time would alleviate that problem. Also, will I be able to see and book with my AP discount online if done now? Thanks for any help.

For a couple of years now, the amounted credited towards an upgrade has depended upon when you purchased the tickets (or more precisely when they were minted). Since you purchased tickets prior to last month’s increase, you would only get the value of that ticket as of Oct. 15th. Not “full gate price.” You can check the first post of this thread for a link to see how much that should have been.

Enjoy your vacation!
Yes, I fully understand what I should have received. I DID NOT receive the Disney price as of October 15th. I was given the exact credit for what I paid through UT. Like I said, I tried three different times, spoke with a supervisor. I specifically asked for the price on October 15th.

Yes, I fully understand what I should have received. I DID NOT receive the Disney price as of October 15th. I was given the exact credit for what I paid through UT. Like I said, I tried three different times, spoke with a supervisor. I specifically asked for the price on October 15th.

Disney has no way of knowing what you paid for your tickets from UT.
They only know what UT paid Disney for the tickets.

How do you know the date your tickets were minted when buying from UT? Is there a way to know ahead of time? Just trying to run numbers if we were to possibly upgrade to APs.
Make direct contact with UT and ask.

Would there be any advantages to getting my package tickets upgraded to an AP before I go? I know they won’t be activated until I enter the park. My daughter upgraded a couple of weeks ago when she got to the parks and it was not letting her get her pictures. I was wondering if getting it paid for ahead of time would alleviate that problem. Also, will I be able to see and book with my AP discount online if done now? Thanks for any help.
It will be more likely that any "issues" with the new AP (such as Memory Maker photos) would be less
problematic if you had the AP certificate in your MDX account before your trip.

Discounts may not be available until after you activate the AP, but you can always ask.

It will be more likely that any "issues" with the new AP (such as Memory Maker photos) would be less
problematic if you had the AP certificate in your MDX account before your trip.

Discounts may not be available until after you activate the AP, but you can always ask.
Thanks so much!

My upgrade/bridging experience was a complete failure. I've bridged UT tickets before and I was given the gate price. This time, I tried three different guest services locations and all three times, it didn't work.

I currently have a Platinum Plus AP, I was trying to apply a 7 day PH MYW ticket (bought last month before the price increase and change to Theme Park tickets) and renew to a DVC Gold pass. I was able to upgrade, but not for the amount I expected to pay.

I stopped at the AK guest services location. They scanned my unused 7 day PH ticket and told me it was worth less than what I paid for it. (I believe UT tickets scan at the wholesale rate.) I said thanks and moved on.

This time, I stopped outside MK guest services and I received the exact same information as at AK. I inquired about matching to Disney gate price, and the cast member said, nope, I can only offer you what the ticket is scanning for.

Next stop was at the guest services location inside Liberty Square in the MK. Again, it was scanning for a lower amount than what I paid for the ticket. I explained what it should be, he talked to a supervisor and she said that he could credit me for what I paid for it since I had my receipt with me. He didn't have any record of the pricing before the ticket prices increased.

I thought about leaving and trying another place, but I decided to just do the upgrade. The other two locations weren't even offering what I paid through UT.

A few days later, I stopped in again during the day at MK guest services, and ended up speaking with a supervisor. I told her I didn't think the amount had been calculated right. After a lot of figuring, she told me that it was correct. Disney doesn't match to gate prices when upgrading to an AP.

I guess I could have tried other locations, but I was very frustrated. In the end, I would have saved money just renewing online through Disney before the price increase.
I had similar problems at the end of September and I was super frustrated. I ended up trying one last time at International Gateway and it went exactly as I had initially expected. Quick and easy. Next month I'll be upgrading a ticket for DD16 to DVC Gold and I plan to visit the IG first. I wouldn't have bothered to buy a ticket to upgrade, but we weren't planning to get her an AP when I first bought the ticket and I don't need a a spare ticket.

Disney has no way of knowing what you paid for your tickets from UT.
They only know what UT paid Disney for the tickets.
Poster said he was offered what UT paid, wholesale price. CM allowed what the poster paid UT when the poster produced a receipt showing what he paid UT.

A new policy?

I had similar problems at the end of September and I was super frustrated. I ended up trying one last time at International Gateway and it went exactly as I had initially expected. Quick and easy. Next month I'll be upgrading a ticket for DD16 to DVC Gold and I plan to visit the IG first. I wouldn't have bothered to buy a ticket to upgrade, but we weren't planning to get her an AP when I first bought the ticket and I don't need a a spare ticket.
That plan is fine. Hope all goes well.
But just know that the chance that you would encounter the same CMs at any of the ticket locations
rather slim. And it is the CM who can make or break a transaction.

Can someone verify UT’s refund policy. When I purchased mailed passes just prior to Oct 16, the site said they were refundable if not activated/linked on MDE. I assumed that meant prior to their Feb expiration. But via email, UT says they are not refundable because Disney no longer sells that ticket (4+1MYW). I can’t imagine they didn’t know this last month and could have explicitly say they would be refundable only through 10/15.

Can someone verify UT’s refund policy. When I purchased mailed passes just prior to Oct 16, the site said they were refundable if not activated/linked on MDE. I assumed that meant prior to their Feb expiration. But via email, UT says they are not refundable because Disney no longer sells that ticket (4+1MYW). I can’t imagine they didn’t know this last month and could have explicitly say they would be refundable only through 10/15.

There is nobody here who can "verify" further a company's policy for which you have already received an official company response.

BTW, You say your ticket is a "4+1MYW" which means that it is simply a regular 5-day MYW ticket.
It is the fact that it is a MYW (Magic Your Way) ticket is what makes it an "old" type of WDW that is no longer sold by Disney.

I can tell you that if you just continue to hold onto that ticket, you will be able to trade in it's original value (5-day MYW) toward a new ticket at a future time which you will be going to WDW.

Last edited:
There is nobody here who can "verify" further a company's policy for which you have already received an official company response
I acknowledge this is a UT response, but even CM’s often pass along misinformation to guests. Simply was wandering if anyone else encountered the same response, or had a different experience. Thanks.

Poster said he was offered what UT paid, wholesale price. CM allowed what the poster paid UT when the poster produced a receipt showing what he paid UT.

A new policy?

It's probably a waste of time, but I'm going to call Disney ticketing and inquire about their policy. I have nothing to lose at this point. During my attempt to bridge my ticket to an AP, I spoke with 5 different cast members. One cast member called a supervisor, and my last Disney contact was with a supervisor.

Anything is possible, but unlikely.
That would render the tickets from the authorized resellers "inferior" to WDW-purchased tickets.

Stay tuned.
One could say present (old?) policy treats third party tickets better then tickets sold by Wdw, UT customers get a credit which exceeds their purchase price. Guests purchasing tickets from disney get credit equal to the amount paid.New system, if true, offers parity. Your purchase price is credited.
Of course you'd "lose" your discount. UT doesn't sell discounted APs. No logical reason to allow for a back door discount.

Disney stopped bridging to current gate price. This is a logical next step.

We could make a list of loopholes which closed as Disney updated systems. You use to keep your hotel rate if you checked in the day before seasonal rate changes.

I had exactly the same experience and wasted a lot of time going from guest services at DS where I Waited for over an hour for my name to be called before I gave up and left. The following day I took my unused UT 5day base ticket to guest services just inside MK and they insisted my ticket was worth less than what I had paid and refused to credit my purchase price for the UT ticket toward my AP renewal. I then went to the guest service in Liberty Square and had same experience. The next day I had the same experience at HS. Finally at EPCOT guest services I was so frustrated I told the CM to just forget the whole thing I just wasn't going to renew my AP after all that I was aware that people were being given at least the value paid for the tickets purchased from UT as a credit toward the purchase of AP or more expensive tix. She also tried to tell me that UT tix were purchased by UT from Disney at a discounted price and then they added their own charge onto the tix. When I turned to leave without purchasing the AP she told me to wait that she would make an exception for me and give me the credit for price I purchased the UT ticket for. I did show her as i had all of the Previous CMs my receipt for the UT tix which I had on my phone. She then proceeded to hand write a receipt showing an extra credit toward purchase price of my AP renewal. So it took me a total of four days waiting in lines to renew my AP. Actually the last attempt at EPCOT I entered Park at rope drop and was first person to enter the guest services. All CMs were friendly but firmly refusing to give me the credit for the amount I had paid for my UT ticket....my experience was from 10/19-10/22.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!