I had exactly the same experience and wasted a lot of time going from guest services at DS where I Waited for over an hour for my name to be called before I gave up and left. The following day I took my unused UT 5day base ticket to guest services just inside MK and they insisted my ticket was worth less than what I had paid and refused to credit my purchase price for the UT ticket toward my AP renewal. I then went to the guest service in Liberty Square and had same experience. The next day I had the same experience at HS. Finally at EPCOT guest services I was so frustrated I told the CM to just forget the whole thing I just wasn't going to renew my AP after all that I was aware that people were being given at least the value paid for the tickets purchased from UT as a credit toward the purchase of AP or more expensive tix.

1. She also tried to tell me that UT tix were purchased by UT from Disney at a discounted price and then they added their own charge onto the tix.

When I turned to leave without purchasing the AP she told me to wait that she would make an exception for me and give me the credit for price I purchased the UT ticket for. I did show her as i had all of the Previous CMs my receipt for the UT tix which I had on my phone. She then proceeded to hand write a receipt showing an extra credit toward purchase price of my AP renewal. So it took me a total of four days waiting in lines to renew my AP. Actually the last attempt at EPCOT I entered Park at rope drop and was first person to enter the guest services.

2. All CMs were friendly but firmly refusing to give me the credit for the amount I had paid for my UT ticket....
1. That IS exactly what happens with ticket discounters.
2. Very sad. Very incorrect.

It will be more likely that any "issues" with the new AP (such as Memory Maker photos) would be less
problematic if you had the AP certificate in your MDX account before your trip.

Discounts may not be available until after you activate the AP, but you can always ask.
I called tonight to get my AP before we go. After 30 minutes and her talking with someone she came back and said she couldn’t do it. She said since I was using the tickets in the package that I had purchased, I have to wait and do it at the park when I get there. Bad information or maybe they just won’t do that on the phone anymore?

I was just successful in adding the PH option online to my MYW package purchased pre Oct 16 without having the base tickets adjusted to the new ticket system prices. My trip is the week before Easter next year and I thought I was going to have to pay the adjusted price on top of the PH price but I didn’t so that was nice. For 3 adult, 1 child, 6 day base tickets in the new system vs old system it is an increase of about $255 and adding PH would have made my total around $575 but my total was only the PH price of 319.48.

I called tonight to get my AP before we go. After 30 minutes and her talking with someone she came back and said she couldn’t do it. She said since I was using the tickets in the package that I had purchased, I have to wait and do it at the park when I get there. Bad information or maybe they just won’t do that on the phone anymore?

Were you trying to upgrade the tickets to AP for ALL of the guests who are part of your package or
just YOUR ticket?

The latest report of being unable to bridge UT tickets at gate prices has me concerned. Has anyone successfully bridges a new pricing UT ticket in recent days?

In the past we have always purchased a room only and then separate tickets from Undercover Tourist. When we’ve wanted to upgrade the type of ticket (i.e. 1-park/day to park hopper) or add on days, we’ve had to wait until we’ve arrived to WDW to do so. With the new date-based system, I was curious if tickets purchased from a 3rd party like Undercover Tourist can be adjusted on the WDW site once they are linked to your MDE or if you still have to wait until you’re on-site to do so in person.

Also wondering how this would apply if I need to change the date the ticket is valid for due to a change in plans. If purchased through UT can we adjust the start date of the ticket if the trip shifts one week or would we be stuck doing that once we’re on-site and thus have issues making fast passes in advance?

Just trying to understand if there’s a hindrance to continuing to buy from UT if you may want to change tickets as I believe in my reading if I purchase direct from Disney I can do all of this online myself with the new tickets.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

In the past we have always purchased a room only and then separate tickets from Undercover Tourist. When we’ve wanted to upgrade the type of ticket (i.e. 1-park/day to park hopper) or add on days, we’ve had to wait until we’ve arrived to WDW to do so. With the new date-based system, I was curious if tickets purchased from a 3rd party like Undercover Tourist can be adjusted on the WDW site once they are linked to your MDE or if you still have to wait until you’re on-site to do so in person.

Also wondering how this would apply if I need to change the date the ticket is valid for due to a change in plans. If purchased through UT can we adjust the start date of the ticket if the trip shifts one week or would we be stuck doing that once we’re on-site and thus have issues making fast passes in advance?

Just trying to understand if there’s a hindrance to continuing to buy from UT if you may want to change tickets as I believe in my reading if I purchase direct from Disney I can do all of this online myself with the new tickets.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
In the new ticket system FAQ by @rteetz , this new system allows for changes and modifications of any linked ticket. It no longer matters where you bought your Theme Park Tickets as there is immediacy in managing your linked tickets.

We have a vacation package starting this Saturday that includes the Park Hopper Plus tickets. It looks like the weather isn't going to be too nice while we're there. I'm thinking it's probably too late for us to downgrade our tickets as Disney probably doesn't like to do this. Correct? Any recommendations on ways to maximize the value if we can't change to just the Park Hopper and the water park isn't an option for us because it's too cold?

We have a vacation package starting this Saturday that includes the Park Hopper Plus tickets. It looks like the weather isn't going to be too nice while we're there. I'm thinking it's probably too late for us to downgrade our tickets as Disney probably doesn't like to do this. Correct? Any recommendations on ways to maximize the value if we can't change to just the Park Hopper and the water park isn't an option for us because it's too cold?
You won’t be able to alter/downgrade your tickets. The miniature golf venues may be a better use of your “plus” option.

The latest report of being unable to bridge UT tickets at gate prices has me concerned. Has anyone successfully bridges a new pricing UT ticket in recent days?
I thought they hadn’t been bridged to gate prices for a while. I thought they had been bridged to ‘advance purchase’ pricing but even that doesn’t seem to be the case. I’m worried that I’ll lose money :(.

Because I’ve been following this thread for a few months in anticipation of potentially upgrading my family members to annual passes, I wanted to share my experience to hopefully help others.

I purchased an annual pass for myself(for discounts) through the Disney website in September and purchased discounted 5-day PH tickets for the rest of my family through Boardwalk ticketing in September as well. On Monday, November 12, I went to guest services at Disney Springs to activate my AP & to inquire about the cost of upgrading the rest of my family. I was quoted $451.56 per 5 day ticket to upgrade to Platinum APs, which was what I had thought it would be after using Robo’s upgrading links. I wanted to make certain that I was correct, however,(and I was, thanks to Robo!), and honestly hadn’t quite decided to really go through with it yet, so I waited...until the very last park day on Saturday, November 17. I was nervous about getting the same price, but felt that at least I had a previous quote to share. I had planned to go to guest services at AK before we left, but happened upon a passholder kiosk in front of the Mercantile that I wasn’t aware was there.(Is it always?) Because I am a new passholder, I felt that I could approach it and ask if upgrading my family there was possible. It was, and was very simple. (No line either!) It probably only took 15 minutes or less and the price was exactly what I got when doing the math through Robo’s link(and also the same as the DS quote on Monday). I didn’t get “gate price” credited, only “pre-arrival” price, but I never expected to get that because of information I had read here. I had gone into upgrading with the idea that if I got “gate price” credit for my ticket, I would receive it as a blessing; if not, I was still getting a discount in the long run on my next 2 trips.:)

My experience was a good one, and I wanted to thank Robo for always providing good, solid information. Also thank you to those on this thread for sharing your experiences—good or bad!—because it helps those like me to have an idea of what to expect. Hoping my input can help others, too!

-I didn’t get “gate price” credited, only “pre-arrival” price, but I never expected to get that because of information I had read here. I had gone into upgrading with the idea that if I got “gate price” credit for my ticket, I would receive it as a blessing; if not, I was still getting a discount in the long run on my next 2 trips.:)

My experience was a good one, and I wanted to thank Robo for always providing good, solid information. Also thank you to those on this thread for sharing your experiences—good or bad!—because it helps those like me to have an idea of what to expect. Hoping my input can help others, too!

I'm so glad that you reported your good result.
I'm happy that your info from the Ticket Sticky was correct.

Regarding "gate price."
For decades, "gate price" was the common term that was used when discussing the price of a WDW ticket. Back then, the price for any given ticket, whether ordered in advance or purchased in-person, was the same.

HOWEVER, in recent years, Disney has started charging an EXTRA up-charge for tickets purchased in-person at the "gate."
(Actually, tickets bought in-person anywhere at Disney World.)
THAT is now the true WDW "gate price" (but, that price is RARELY posted on line.)
In recent years, the prices quoted on-line are based on ordering tickets in advance via the web or by phone. Those lists of "Disney prices" are found on the Disney sites and from the authorized ticket sellers sites.

The CONFUSION in discussing WDW prices is that many stilll continue to say, "gate price"
when they actually should be saying "pre-arrival" price.

There is no reason for a guest to expect to "get" the "gate price" for an existing pre-ordered ticket during an upgrade transaction...
because, the guest is not being charged the "gate price" for the NEW (upgraded) TICKET during the upgrade process.
So... the guest is not losing any money or value if the upgrade transaction is correctly performed by the Disney CM using the "pre-arrival" prices for all tickets concerned.

I, and many others, can accidentally continue to discuss (in error) the two price sets under the same umbrella term, "gate price."
I'm afraid that will continue be an issue of "term confusion" for quite awhile.

That said, the situation is that guests SHOULD be given the full Disney price listed on-line
("pre-arrival price") for their third-party authorized discounter tickets in the upgrade transaction.
That price is based on the date when that discounted ticket was minted by Disney and
sent to the authorized discounter.

The info on pricing that I have provided in post #6 "Cost to Upgrade Tickets" (HERE) near the top of the Ticket Sticky thread (the thread on which we are now posting) should reveal the correct value a guest should be getting when upgrading a specific ticket.

Thanks again to @WalkDisneyWorld for posting recent firsthand experience (based on coordinating answers from two different ticket locations) that backs up this information.

Last edited:
Because I’ve been following this thread for a few months in anticipation of potentially upgrading my family members to annual passes, I wanted to share my experience to hopefully help others.

I purchased an annual pass for myself(for discounts) through the Disney website in September and purchased discounted 5-day PH tickets for the rest of my family through Boardwalk ticketing in September as well. On Monday, November 12, I went to guest services at Disney Springs to activate my AP & to inquire about the cost of upgrading the rest of my family. I was quoted $451.56 per 5 day ticket to upgrade to Platinum APs, which was what I had thought it would be after using Robo’s upgrading links. I wanted to make certain that I was correct, however,(and I was, thanks to Robo!), and honestly hadn’t quite decided to really go through with it yet, so I waited...until the very last park day on Saturday, November 17. I was nervous about getting the same price, but felt that at least I had a previous quote to share. I had planned to go to guest services at AK before we left, but happened upon a passholder kiosk in front of the Mercantile that I wasn’t aware was there.(Is it always?) Because I am a new passholder, I felt that I could approach it and ask if upgrading my family there was possible. It was, and was very simple. (No line either!) It probably only took 15 minutes or less and the price was exactly what I got when doing the math through Robo’s link(and also the same as the DS quote on Monday). I didn’t get “gate price” credited, only “pre-arrival” price, but I never expected to get that because of information I had read here. I had gone into upgrading with the idea that if I got “gate price” credit for my ticket, I would receive it as a blessing; if not, I was still getting a discount in the long run on my next 2 trips.:)

Thank you! That is my expectation. We’ll see in January. If Disney plays games on the value of my UT PH then we won’t renew.

I'm so glad that you reported your good result.
I'm happy that your info from the Ticket Sticky was correct.

The info on pricing that I have provided in post #6 "Cost to Upgrade Tickets" (HERE) near the top of the Ticket Sticky thread (the thread on which we are now posting) should reveal the correct value a guest should be getting when upgrading a specific ticket.

Thanks again to @WalkDisneyWorld for posting recent firsthand experience (based on coordinating answers from two different ticket locations) that backs up this information.

Awww...thanks, @Robo! I was truly grateful that I didn’t have to attempt my transaction in blind faith because of the info here. Glad my specific example can be of some help!

Thank you! That is my expectation. We’ll see in January. If Disney plays games on the value of my UT PH then we won’t renew.

You’re welcome. I hope your experience is as straightforward as mine! Knowing my numbers in advance helped, so you are already ahead of the game by knowing that!

This puts me at ease. I was starting to worry since we will be going through the upgrade process to APs in a few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter