1. Yes.
2. That info (the values to use in the "upgrade" transaction) is in post #6 (HERE) of the thread on which we are now posting.
3. That should work fine.
4. Yes.
5. Disney Springs Guest Relations ("Welcome Center") is a very busy location. Many types of transactions done daily.
6. Just hold on to them for future upgrade.

Oh great, thank you! When you say yes to #4, is that yes I can get 4 day tickets (regular), or yes, I have to keep the PH WP&M? :hyper2:

:thanks:

Oh great, thank you! When you say yes to #4, is that yes I can get 4 day tickets (regular), or yes, I have to keep the PH WP&M? :hyper2:

:thanks:

A Disney ticket "upgrade" is defined as
trading in the value of the ticket that you have for another ticket of equal or greater value.
It is generally a function of "cost," not "features."

A Disney ticket "upgrade" is defined as
trading in the value of the ticket that you have for another ticket of equal or greater value.
It is generally a function of "cost," not "features."

Oh that's wonderful, I really appreciate the information, thank you for the help! ::yes:::-)

I am graduating from college and plan on visiting WDW sometime after September 2019 as a graduation celebration with my girlfriend. I was a former annual resident pass holder but since my credit card used my out of state college address it auto-canceled.

1) Will I be able to get a Florida Resident annual pass at the window with a Florida Driver License?
2) I only see the Disney Platinum and Platinum Plus pass online, will they sell the other passes?

I am graduating from college and plan on visiting WDW sometime after September 2019 as a graduation celebration with my girlfriend. I was a former annual resident pass holder but since my credit card used my out of state college address it auto-canceled.

1) Will I be able to get a Florida Resident annual pass at the window with a Florida Driver License?
2) I only see the Disney Platinum and Platinum Plus pass online, will they sell the other passes?

1) Yes.
2) Any WDW AP that is available in the USA will be available at a WDW.

BTW, if you ARE a FL resident (and can prove it) you should be able to buy a
FL resident AP in advance.
Call and ask about it.
That way, you can book FastPasses at least 30 days in advance (which can be very important for some popular attractions.)

:welcome: to the DISboards, acenoodles!

Okay... the age old rule of whatever can go wrong will go wrong always seems to apply to me.
Here's my scenario:

As of Dec 1 '18 my MDE account contained:
  • 1 Gold AP (non activated)
  • 1 Platinum AP (non activated)
  • 1 7 day non expiring park hopper (bought years back, unused)

My daughter's account had only

Dec 4 we flew into MCO and on the way into AK stopped to activate our Gold APs. (Plan is to use them for this trip and then again next Oct)
Explained to the CM which AP to activate and that I did not want to use my 7 day PH. "We can do that" was the response.

Took him a bit, but he activated both my daughter's and my Gold APs. Gave us our cards and told us our magic bands would work for admission.
.... yup .... I think it was because I had been up for 36 hours or so straight at this point, but I didn't even think to double check what happened after we scanned our way into the park, was just relieved we were in Disney.

So, returned home and still didn't think to check until today as I was adding in our stay for next Oct into the MDE.
The two APs are still there, both with the virtual expiration date of 2030.
The 7 Day park hopper is gone. :guilty:

Can Disney fix this? That Park hopper was to be used for a family member to accompany me in the future, and I had bought the Gold AP specifically for this trip.

So, returned home and still didn't think to check until today as I was adding in our stay for next Oct into the MDE.

1. Can Disney fix this?
2. That Park hopper was to be used for a family member to accompany me in the future, and I had bought the Gold AP specifically for this trip.
1. Yes.
2. Call WDW Ticketing:
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

Explain things just as you did above.
They should either be able to fix things now, or set up a file in your MDX account
with instructions as to how to take care of it upon your next return to WDW.

BTW, with the way MDX files are prone to being so glitchy,
it MIGHT be that things ARE actually OK regarding your tickets,
but what shows in the file is just incorrect.
Regardless, call em'.

(And, please post back with your results.)

So, I am giving WDW tickets as part of a WDW trip (for DEC, 2019) as Christmas presents this year. I purchased some special Magic bands and had them assigned to certain recipients. However, I have since found other MB's that I like better for some of these same people and want to reassign those MB's to someone else. Is that possible? Or will I render the MB's invalid/unusable in any way?

So, I am giving WDW tickets as part of a WDW trip (for DEC, 2019) as Christmas presents this year. I purchased some special Magic bands and had them assigned to certain recipients. However, I have since found other MB's that I like better for some of these same people and want to reassign those MB's to someone else. Is that possible? Or will I render the MB's invalid/unusable in any way?

You may add ADDITIONAL MBs to anyone's account (as many as you like,)
but once a MB does become assigned to a person in that person's MDX account,
that MB cannot be "reassigned" to another person's account.

New, unused TICKETS can be reassigned (transferred) from one guest to another guest,
but not MBs.

You may add ADDITIONAL MBs to anyone's account (as many as you like,)
but once a MB does become assigned to a person in that person's MDX account,
that MB cannot be "reassigned" to another person's account.

New, unused TICKETS can be reassigned (transferred) from one guest to another guest,
but not MBs.

Robo,

what about if I called Disney IT? Would they be able to do it?

Thank you. I will try 'asking nicely'.

My granddaughter and daughter have the same first name and I assigned the DGD's MB to the daughter. It's a Christmas present and just doesn't work the way it is! My daughter won't want the princess band that I have for the DGD and DGD would love the purple princess band!

I can't believe that I did this!

Sorry for the follow up....I would love to upgrade to Annual passes before out trip. Is it possible to upgrade now and go directly to the gate to activate when we arrive in May? I would like to pay now and avoid time spent waiting in line at guest relations during our trip. Thank you for any additional info.
There's one other option to consider, once you've arrived and entered the park once you can upgrade your ticket to an AP via MDE app yourself, no line needed at all.

Okay... the age old rule of whatever can go wrong will go wrong always seems to apply to me.
Here's my scenario:

As of Dec 1 '18 my MDE account contained:
  • 1 Platinum AP (non activated)
  • 1 7 day non expiring park hopper (bought years back, unused)

My daughter's account had only

Dec 4 we flew into MCO and on the way into AK stopped to activate our Gold APs. (Plan is to use them for this trip and then again next Oct)
Explained to the CM which AP to activate and that I did not want to use my 7 day PH. "We can do that" was the response.

Took him a bit, but he activated both my daughter's and my Gold APs. Gave us our cards and told us our magic bands would work for admission.
.... yup .... I think it was because I had been up for 36 hours or so straight at this point, but I didn't even think to double check what happened after we scanned our way into the park, was just relieved we were in Disney.

Can Disney fix this? That Park hopper was to be used for a family member to accompany me in the future, and I had bought the Gold AP specifically for this trip.
Urgh, what a mess.
I know they can replace the accidentally used ticket. We've had a similar issue where, due to my not taking the time to either prioritize tickets or move the ones I didn't want used to a fake person on my MDE. When we entered the park the system used a ticket instead of an AP in error. The difference was our AP was working and active at the time. Any common sense would tell you that at no time would their system use a ticket over an AP when someone has both. I mean, in what case would someone WANT to use a ticket instead of a working/valid AP? But, I know better, I know that I have to keep them with fake profiles to avoid it. But I got lazy and didn't move it. Thankfully, I thought to check on the ticket and was able to go get it replaced before we left the park. Took me a bit to explain to the CM what happened and but once they got it, they had no problem fixing it.

I have a question about bridging Universal tickets that I hope the experts here can help me with. I've read about ticket upgrading/bridging (I think I'm getting the terms correct) but have never actually done it . . . I need tickets for Universal and am wondering if I buy 2-day non-park to park (through the Chase UR site), can I upgrade those to park-to-park once we get there? (There is a small discount on the non-PTP tickets but not the PTP).

And if I can upgrade, how exactly would that work? From what I understand, I will get some sort of code that I take to the will-call booth at US. I'm assuming I can upgrade then? I would love to hear form someone who has done this (assuming it can be done)!
FYI - This is the DISNEY board and ticket discussion.
Universal boards are further down the main board page, and there they do have discussions on doing Universal ticket upgrades.
Overall, it does work more or less just like Disney's upgrade process but for one major difference, you must enter the park first.

I just completed a WDW trip. We had a package with free dining. I have an AP. I made sure my AP was prioritized. Our trip ended last Saturday, but when I go into MDE, it still shows the ticket from that trip as non-transferable. Has something changed? I thought after my trip, that ticket would be transerable? I was hoping to use it for one of our kids for a future trip? Thanks for any information!

I just completed a WDW trip. We had a package with free dining. I have an AP. I made sure my AP was prioritized. Our trip ended last Saturday, but when I go into MDE, it still shows the ticket from that trip as non-transferable. Has something changed? I thought after my trip, that ticket would be transerable? I was hoping to use it for one of our kids for a future trip? Thanks for any information!

A new, unused ticket is transferable.
What I don't trust are inconsistent ticket listings in MDX.

When you have some time, call WDW Ticketing:
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

Ask the CM about the current status of your unused ticket.

Okay, so I read post 6 and unfortunately, it made me a little more confused since it didn't account for my tickets' dates.

I bought our tickets back in late June 2018 from UndercoverTourist. The tickets arrived with a sticker that says they expire on February 28th, 2019. It looks like the printed date on the ticket stock is 5/31/2018. MDX app says they are "Valid Through" 3/14/19 (perhaps first use has to be by 2/28, then 14 days after...?). I'm also not sure whether or not it matters, but I think these were purchased from UndercoverTourist as "4-Day Magic Your Way Ticket - with Extra Day." Both the tickets themselves and MDX only list them as "5-Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket".

Now that I explained about the tickets we currently have, here's the actual question: We are taking our trip at the end of January. Out of nowhere, DW has now mentioned about going again in November. Since that would be multiple trips in a 12-month period, that made me start thinking about APs. We are DVC members and would not have issues with the blackout dates on the Gold AP.

1. Is there any reason to think there is anything "special" about these tickets that would cause an issue bridging/upgrading for use 1 year from first use (first use would be at Epcot on 1/23)?
  2. Is my math even remotely in the correct neighborhood (leaving tax out of all amounts)?
    • The linked Allears chart for 2018 Feb-Oct shows 5-Day Base tickets as being $395. The DVC Price for the Gold AP is $609. If these tickets are eligible to be bridged/upgraded in the first place, would the difference actually be $214 plus tax?
  3. Lastly, is there any terminology to use/avoid when at Guest Relations for this (I thought at one point someone said to avoid using the term "bridging" as a guest).

Okay, so I read post 6 and unfortunately, it made me a little more confused A. since it didn't account for my tickets' dates.

I bought our tickets back in late June 2018 from UndercoverTourist. The tickets arrived with a sticker that says they expire on February 28th, 2019. It looks like the printed date on the ticket stock is 5/31/2018. MDX app says they are "Valid Through" 3/14/19 (perhaps first use has to be by 2/28, then 14 days after...?). I'm also not sure whether or not it matters, but I think

A. these were purchased from UndercoverTourist as "4-Day Magic Your Way Ticket - with Extra Day."
B. Both the tickets themselves and MDX only list them as "5-Day Magic Your Way Base Ticket".

Now that I explained about the tickets we currently have, here's the actual question: We are taking our trip at the end of January. Out of nowhere, DW has now mentioned about going again in November.
C. Since that would be multiple trips in a 12-month period, that made me start thinking about APs. We are DVC members and would not have issues with the blackout dates on the Gold AP.

1. Is there any reason to think there is anything "special" about these tickets that would cause an issue bridging/upgrading for use 1 year from first use (first use would be at Epcot on 1/23)?
Is my math even remotely in the correct neighborhood (leaving tax out of all amounts)?
2a. The linked Allears chart for 2018 Feb-Oct shows 5-Day Base tickets as being $395.
2b. The DVC Price for the Gold AP is $609.
2c. If these tickets are eligible to be bridged/upgraded in the first place, would the difference actually be $214 plus tax?
3. Lastly, is there any terminology to use/avoid when at Guest Relations for this (I thought at one point someone said to avoid using the term "bridging" as a guest).
A. It does account for your tickets. Your tickets are simply regular 5-day base tickets.
B. That means they are actually regular 5-day tickets.
D. That would be correct.
C. Excellent plan.
1. Nope.
2a. Yes.
2b. I'll take your word for that.
2c. Again, there is nothing "unusual" about your tickets.
3. Don't worry about what you do or don't say in your terminology.
Just know the exact correct amount you should be charged, and nicely speak up if you are quoted
the wrong amount.
If the first CM is a problem, nicely decline the offer and try the upgrade elsewhere.

Have a great trip, and please post back to report about your upgrade.

A. It does account for your tickets. Your tickets are simply regular 5-day base tickets.
B. That means they are actually regular 5-day tickets.
D. That would be correct.
C. Excellent plan.
1. Nope.
2a. Yes.
2b. I'll take your word for that.
2c. Again, there is nothing "unusual" about your tickets.
3. Don't worry about what you do or don't say in your terminology.
Just know the exact correct amount you should be charged, and nicely speak up if you are quoted
the wrong amount.
If the first CM is a problem, nicely decline the offer and try the upgrade elsewhere.

Have a great trip, and please post back to report about your upgrade.
Thanks; it's the unusual expiration dates that threw me off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter