1) Your MDX account should pop up with an opportunity to "customize" your AP MagicBand.
Then, it will be sent to you. (Sometimes with an "AP Slider," sometimes without the Slider.)

2) Who knows how long those cards have been in stock?
Since its really a "Target question" and not really a Disney ticket question, I can't
offer more info.
Thanks.
I didn't realize until you just said that I can get (yet another) set of Magic Bands with my Annual Pass (not that they are needed for me -- as I intend on staying onsite during my upcoming trips). If I go three times this year (as is the plan) .. I could get 16 Magic Bands .. that's seems crazy.

I really wish they would give you a gift card or something for declining Magic Bands (liking declining Mousekeeping) - you'd think it would save them money to not send them AND encourage people to buy the special magic bands in the gift shops.

Thank you!

strange, when i look in the App now, my DVC ticket shows as upgradeable, but says the expiration date would be 12/12/19, not 1 year from my my first day of use, which was 12/5/18. I used my 6th ticket day on 12/11/18, and as mentioned above, have 1 ticket day left. Seems they are using my date of LAST ticket used, and not first ticket used? is that odd?

I noticed the same. I recently upgraded in the app. It showed my expiration date as 366 days from the date I made the upgrade. After checking out in the app, the date reverted back to the first date of use. The app just shows the wrong date.

I noticed the same. I recently upgraded in the app. It showed my expiration date as 366 days from the date I made the upgrade. After checking out in the app, the date reverted back to the first date of use. The app just shows the wrong date.

damnit. lol.

Thanks.
I didn't realize until you just said that I can get (yet another) set of Magic Bands with my Annual Pass (not that they are needed for me -- as I intend on staying onsite during my upcoming trips). If I go three times this year (as is the plan) .. I could get 16 Magic Bands .. that's seems crazy.

I really wish they would give you a gift card or something for declining Magic Bands (liking declining Mousekeeping) - you'd think it would save them money to not send them AND encourage people to buy the special magic bands in the gift shops.

I figure that the generic MBs given out by WDW each cost the company between $1.00-$3.00, or so.
Not much of a gift incentive for the guest.

We have a trip booked for the end of summer and are thinking about upgrading the tickets to AP's, after we arrive. It looks like we can use the MyDisneyExperience app to do the upgrade on the first day (and avoid any lines and confusion), but how do we get the actual cards? We would like to use the AP's for some discounts throughout the trip.

We have a trip booked for the end of summer and are thinking about upgrading the tickets to AP's, after we arrive. It looks like we can use the MyDisneyExperience app to do the upgrade on the first day (and avoid any lines and confusion), but how do we get the actual cards? We would like to use the AP's for some discounts throughout the trip.

Visit any guest relations/services or ticket booth, whichever has the shorter line.

I just want to be clear on upgrading our tickets to an AP. I plan on purchasing a 4 day ticket and upgrading to an AP the first day. With the price bridging, does it give me no advantage to buy it from undercover tourist vs Disney?

I just want to be clear on upgrading our tickets to an AP. I plan on purchasing a 4 day ticket and upgrading to an AP the first day. With the price bridging, does it give me no advantage to buy it from undercover tourist vs Disney?

You pay less from a ticket broker like UT, but both are worth the same. You retain the savings on your UT ticket purchase but get full Disney value.

You pay less from a ticket broker like UT, but both are worth the same. You retain the savings on your UT ticket purchase but get full Disney value.

Yes.
It IS the "price bridging" that gives guests the "advantage" to buy from an authorized ticket reseller/discounter (like Undercover Tourist) and to "keep the discount" when upgrading.

Just do the math calculations described in POST #6 (HERE) of this thread.

Thank you! That’s what I wanted to know. I was confused regarding the price bridging.

Yes.
It IS the "price bridging" that gives guests the "advantage" to buy from an authorized ticket reseller/discounter (like Undercover Tourist) and to "keep the discount" when upgrading.

Just do the math calculations described in POST #6 (HERE) of this thread.
Thank you! I just wanted to make sure I keep the discount when using the reseller discount.

I still have one final payment to make on my park hopper tickets/resort reservation. I have booked my fast passes. If I were to remove the purchase of tickets from the reservation but keep the resort reservation, would I lose my fast pass selections? Asking because I may want to remove and just go ahead and buy an annual pass before prices likely increase next month.

Just got off the phone with Undercover tourist because I thought I could buy over the phone than the website (you can't by the way). I have plans on going to Disney in May, but of course life happens and I want to make sure that if something happens and the trip has to be cancelled I can change my tickets. Getting flexible dates is much more expensive and they still have to be used within the year. She did say I could change them but it would have to be in person...which I knew; however, I would be unable to make fastpass reservations with those tickets until I got to Disney. So I'm trying to decide if it would be best to order tickets straight from Disney. From my understanding you don't have to be at Disney to change ticket dates in person. Am I correct?

I still have one final payment to make on my park hopper tickets/resort reservation. I have booked my fast passes. If I were to remove the purchase of tickets from the reservation but keep the resort reservation, would I lose my fast pass selections? Asking because I may want to remove and just go ahead and buy an annual pass before prices likely increase next month.

To be safer, (like many things you want to change on a Disney reservation)
buy the AP first,
THEN remove the tickets part of your reservation.

Just got off the phone with Undercover tourist because I thought I could buy over the phone than the website (you can't by the way). I have plans on going to Disney in May, but of course life happens and I want to make sure that if something happens and the trip has to be cancelled I can change my tickets. Getting flexible dates is much more expensive and they still have to be used within the year. She did say I could change them but it would have to be in person...which I knew; however, I would be unable to make fastpass reservations with those tickets until I got to Disney. So I'm trying to decide if it would be best to order tickets straight from Disney. From my understanding you don't have to be at Disney to change ticket dates in person. Am I correct?

So I just found out the hard way that tickets have to be used in the year of purchase as I bought mine last Feb. I didn't see this anywhere on the order form when buying my tickets from UT, nor was this printed on the tickets I received. I just noticed my tickets were no longer linked to MDE and reservation for end of March. For me, not being able to book FPs is a deal breaker, esp during Spring Break season. I have no intentions of standing in lines for 3 hours. And if I would have known these tickets expired, I would have never have purchased them from UT.

So I just found out the hard way that tickets have to be used in the year of purchase as I bought mine last Feb.
Not necessary specifically during "the year of purchase."

BUT, buying "directly from Disney" will also find similar expiration rules.

So, buying any current Theme Park Tickets will find them to have an expiration date.
Also, once expired, those tickets can be "upgraded" to current (at that time) tickets
at WDW, so no money is "lost."

BTW, there is no reason to assume that you would need to "stand in line for three hours" to accomplish this.
Like anything else at WDW, having a "plan" can provide the best timing factors.

Not necessary specifically during "the year of purchase."

BUT, buying "directly from Disney" will also find similar expiration rules.

So, buying any current Theme Park Tickets will find them to have an expiration date.
Also, once expired, those tickets can be "upgraded" to current (at that time) tickets
at WDW, so no money is "lost."

BTW, there is no reason to assume that you would need to "stand in line for three hours" to accomplish this.
Like anything else at WDW, having a "plan" can provide the best timing factors.

If I bought the tickets from Disney I could upgrade over the phone. Since I bought from UT, the tickets can only be upgraded at the gate. There was no mention at all on the order form or the tickets I received that these expired at a certain point in time.

I have a group of 6 of us on an upcoming trip. I have all of us in our Planning Party, all are in my Friends & Family group, and I have everyone linked to our Disney reservation. If one of us has an annual pass, how do I show that or link that ticket to the person?

I have a group of 6 of us on an upcoming trip. I have all of us in our Planning Party, all are in my Friends & Family group, and I have everyone linked to our Disney reservation. If one of us has an annual pass, how do I show that or link that ticket to the person?

An AP (or AP certificate) will link to a person by adding it's "ticket number" to that person's account, just like a regular park ticket.

An AP (or AP certificate) will link to a person by adding it's "ticket number" to that person's account, just like a regular park ticket.

And if that person has their own MDE, their AP should be linked to them there, and if they’re properly linked to your MDE, your MDE will know they have an AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter