Looking for clarification on picking up tickets and AP's. Myself, hubby and Daughter have purchased APs and understand
1. we need to go to guest relations to pick them up.
We also have friends that are linked in our group. They are not staying on site, they have 2day tickets and also myself and friend have MK AHM tickets.
2. Wondering if we all need to be at guest relations when picking up the tickets
3. or if just hubby daughter and myself since we have to show ID for our APs.
4. Can I get the tickets for my friends since they are linked to me and actually come to think of it I paid for them with my CC. ??? Thanks

1. Yes. (Pick up the "AP Discount Card.")
2. ALL? Nope.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.

Can a ticket purchased with a flexible date option be "upgraded" at guest services to a ticket without?

Example, we think we might go at Easter, high season, so purchase 5 day tickets starting Apr 23 with flexible date option (cost $489.90, $480.85 plus $9.05 flexible date fee). Decide time frame doesn't work so change trip to September, low season, where 5 day date based tickets without the flex option cost $419.35 and 5 day date based tickets with park hopper are $499.22

1. Can we "upgrade" our 5 day flex tickets to 5 day tickets with park hoppers without flex option paying $499.22 - $489.90
2. Assuming yes, is the $9.05 paid for flexible date considered a fee rather than part of the ticket price ie. would i pay $499.22 - $480.85 or $499.22 -$489.90

I've spent hours going through the two current ticket threads so I apologize if I've missed this.

Finally found the answer to my question, I think lol. Sounds like you can upgrade a Flexible Date ticket only after it expires. So if we went in January 2020 I could "upgrade" the ticket. If we go in September 2019, we are stuck with what we purchased.

From Disney's website:

Important Ticket Details

Flexible Date Tickets
After expiration date, the price paid for a wholly unused ticket can be applied to the purchase of a new ticket with an equal or higher price.

Finally found the answer to my question, I think lol. Sounds like you can upgrade a Flexible Date ticket only after it expires. So if we went in January 2020 I could "upgrade" the ticket. If we go in September 2019, we are stuck with what we purchased.

The simple answer is that, at Disney, an "upgrade" is defined as a transaction which is
"trading up" to a ticket that you WANT from a ticket (plus additional payment) that COSTS MORE than the ticket that you HAVE.

(Trading "laterally" for a ticket that has an identical price as the one you have is also allowed.)

The simple answer is that, at Disney, an "upgrade" is defined as a transaction which is
"trading up" to a ticket that you WANT from a ticket (plus additional payment) that COSTS MORE than the ticket that you HAVE.

(Trading "laterally" for a ticket that has an identical price as the one you have is also allowed.)

Thanks Robo.

I've been struggling with the real benefit of purchasing the flex date option. I just called Disney ticketing and they said I can change any of their current tickets, just won't get any money refunded. From what they have told me the only real added value for the flex date option is the 14 day window to use the ticket, otherwise it functions the same as a regular ticket. If that is the case I'm still a little confused as to why it costs so much in low seasons but I was pretty confident the cast member was correct.

I read some 20 plus pages before asking this. I am scheduled to go to Disney World in September. I am going to hold off buying tickets for a while, as it does me no good to have them right now. However, if I buy them and something comes up, what do you do if you aren't just changing the dates but have no idea when you will be going next? I know the answer is to call guest services, but do you think they can do anything?
Also, I plan to go to a Halloween party, so how long should I wait before buying a ticket? I'm pretty sure the date I need won't get sold out, but just in case.
Thank you!

I read some 20 plus pages before asking this. I am scheduled to go to Disney World in September. I am going to hold off buying tickets for a while, as it does me no good to have them right now. However, if I buy them and something comes up, what do you do if you aren't just changing the dates but have no idea when you will be going next? I know the answer is to call guest services, but do you think they can do anything?
Also, I plan to go to a Halloween party, so how long should I wait before buying a ticket? I'm pretty sure the date I need won't get sold out, but just in case.
Thank you!

You can hold onto any fully unused tickets until your next trip.
You will very likely have to pay to upgrade them if there has been an interim price increase
and/or you find yourself to be traveling with a higher-priced arrival date.

If your saved tickets expire, unused, you will be able to use their original value toward buying
new tickets that would be valid during your trip.

What generally is the expiration date? A year? Also if they expire will I get full price toward the new tickets? A family member is having some health issues so who knows what a feel kinths will bring? Just checking for future reference. I’m pretty sure I won’t get my Halloween party money back but I’m ok with that. I can always try but it’s a gamble. I love the parties though. Maybe this year there will be some merchandise left lol.

1. What generally is the expiration date? A year?
2. Also if they expire will I get full price toward the new tickets? A family member is having some health issues so who knows what a feel kinths will bring? Just checking for future reference.
I’m pretty sure I won’t get my Halloween party money back but I’m ok with that.
3. I can always try but it’s a gamble...
1. Can be a year, or so. It all depends on when you actually buy the ticket.
2. Yes.
3. Yup. But, as you say, you can ask.

Florida Resident Silver Pass - ...
Florida Resident Gold Pass - ...
Florida Resident "Theme Park Select" AP ...
Florida Resident Weekday Select Pass - ...
The FL-Res Epcot After 4:00 Pass - ...
Can I assume that in order for these to show up on the WDW website, I need to be logged in AND my address on file on my "Disney account" (i.e., "Billing Address") needs to be in Florida? Or will we be required to provide proof of residency before some flag is set on our account allowing us to purchase a Florida resident pass.

Another Florida resident question ... Would going from a DVC member Gold Pass to a Florida resident Silver or Select Pass constitute a renewal? Or is that a new purchase?

One last question: The blackout calendar for "Weekday Select" doesn't indicate the kind of theme park-specific variances that the blackout calendar for "Theme Park Select" indicates. Is that just wishful thinking? Or is the "Weekday Select" such that if a specific park is blacked out on the "Theme Park Select" blackout calendar, then it is off-limits for "Weekday Select" as well? (For example, "Theme Park Select" is blacked out for Hollywood Studios for four months this fall presumably due to SWGE. Is "Weekday Select" blacked out at Hollywood Studio for those four months as well?

Haven’t been to WDW in 9 years so want to make sure I have this correct:
I have a 5 day one park ticket purchased through UT using their buy four, get one free deal of 417.74, arrive on 3-11.

Probably will be upgrading to a hopper once there since we are staying at BW and would like to be able to walk into Epcot for flower and garden snacks.

As a DVC member, the gold AP will be a better deal for me than hopper+photopass?

As a DVC member, the gold AP will be a better deal for me than hopper+photopass?
Just do the math. AP vs multiple ticket plus Photos.

1. Can I assume that in order for these to show up on the WDW website, I need to be logged in AND my address on file on my "Disney account" (i.e., "Billing Address") needs to be in Florida? Or will we be required to provide proof of residency before some flag is set on our account allowing us to purchase a Florida resident pass.

2. Another Florida resident question ... Would going from a DVC member Gold Pass to a Florida resident Silver or Select Pass constitute a renewal?
1. Create a new “test” MDX account with a FL address/zip code and a separate eMail account...
and just log onto it when you want to see the FL-only AP info.

2. You can renew to/from any kind of AP and still get the AP renewal rate of the AP you want at that time.

Last edited:
1. Create a new “test” MDX account with a FL address/zip code and a separate eMail account... and just log onto it when you want to see the FL-only AP info. 2. You can renew to/from any kind of AP and still get the AP renewal rate of the AP you want at that time.
Thanks!

I'm still curious about the difference between the "Theme Park Select" and the "Weekday Select" passes. We rarely visit the parks on weekends now, living 500 miles away. However, blacking out Hollywood Studios for four months after the opening of a new land (as indicated by the "Theme Park Select" blackout calendar, gives me pause. If that theme park-specific blacking out doesn't apply to "Weekday Select" passes, then they are an incredible value.

This has probably been asked but there are alot of posts here. I have 6 day passes as part of a wdw package (march 9-16) that was booked sept 29th 2018. I am trying to figure out the cost if I decide to add a day while we are there in a few weeks. looking at the upgrade section, Are these tickets considered option C __ Created BETWEEN Feb.11,2018 & Oct.16,2018?

If I go to that chart in the link is says I paid $405 for adult ticket. Current 6 day base ticket price for my week starting march 9th is $435.20 and a 7 day is $446.37. Does that mean I have to pay $446.37-$405=$41.37 just to add a day to my tickets? I have done this before and it was always somewhere around $10-15 per ticket.

I guess I was thinking package tickets are treated different for adding a day.

I guess I was thinking package tickets are treated different for adding a day.
They are.
They are treated as “discounted tickets, not purchased directly from Disney.”

They are.
They are treated as “discounted tickets, not purchased directly from Disney.”

ok so they are part of the price bridging section. I got confused by the purchase from disney part I guess. I saw the list of the 3 different ticket types then purchase dates right below and thought that applied to all of the 3 ticket types listed.

Can anyone confirm if AP's purchased direct from Disney recently are still good until 2030 for activation? I have an AP that is expiring in March but they dates don't necessarily make sense for me to renew but I'd like to have another AP at some point in the future (probably sooner rather than later if I'm being honest!)
I purchased online this morning and the voucher does say it is good until 2030.

If I have 4 day park hoppers through a sporting event would they count as convention tickets and be bridged. Also if they include WWoS but not the water parks would they be considered the park hopper plus if I am going to upgrade to an annual pass?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter