If I have 4 day park hoppers through a sporting event would they count as convention tickets and be bridged. Also if they include WWoS but not the water parks would they be considered the park hopper plus if I am going to upgrade to an annual pass?

I don't think there's much of a way to tell from a basic description.

This may have already been discussed, but...any thoughts on whether/when prices might increase again this year?

This may have already been discussed, but...any thoughts on whether/when prices might increase again this year?

It's always an "open discussion."
But, there is no credible info regarding anything, as yet.
No word from any of the authorized ticket resellers/discounters.
They very often post advance info when they get wind of such an increase from Disney.

I’ve been thinking that the date-based ticket pricing would allow them to increase prices gradually and quietly as opposed to implementing a publicized increase. Who’s going to notice if a ticket for a date in 2020 is $5 more than it was for the same date in 2019?

Complicated Question and need advice and information.

I have 2 (6 day) trips scheduled for 2019 - a reservation with the Sun and Fun offer and a reservation with Free Dining packages. I would like to return to Disney next March, so thinking of upgrading to an Annual Pass on the March trip. If I upgrade to an annual pass, will the Disney system eliminate the tickets for the free dining package, -- need 4 days of tickets for free dining package.

I would like to take advantage of the AP discounts for the upcoming March trip (realize this would expire next March), but do not want to lose free dining package in September. Would it be better to upgrade to an AP with the tickets from the free dining package - does Disney allow this upgrade?

Also, do you lose your fast passes, if your tickets are upgraded to an AP?

Thanks for any information and advice.

I have 2 (6 day) trips scheduled for 2019 -
1. a reservation with the Sun and Fun offer
2. and a reservation with Free Dining packages.
3. I would like to return to Disney next March, so thinking of upgrading to an Annual Pass on the March trip.
If I upgrade to an annual pass, will the Disney system eliminate the tickets for the free dining package, -- need 4 days of tickets for free dining package.

I would like to take advantage of the AP discounts for the upcoming March trip (realize this would expire next March), but do not want to lose free dining package in September. Would it be better to upgrade to an AP with the tickets from the free dining package - does Disney allow this upgrade?

Also, do you lose your fast passes, if your tickets are upgraded to an AP?
1. When?
2. When?
3. Which trip is your "March trip."

I’ve been thinking that the date-based ticket pricing would allow them to increase prices gradually and quietly as opposed to implementing a publicized increase. Who’s going to notice if a ticket for a date in 2020 is $5 more than it was for the same date in 2019?
True, but they cannot get around announcing a publicized increase for annual passes.

Uh...

Unless what they do is slowly reduce the number of days each pass is valid.

Nah... they wouldn't do that.

:worried:

I purchased 4 Canadian Resident tickets for my upcoming trip with my family of 4 in August 2019. I received them in the mail yesterday but they are exchange certificates, not actual tickets, which means I will have to exchange them our first day at a Disney park for actual tickets. Will I have to link the tickets I pick up that day to my MDE app or will they automatically be picked up by the system. My app is showing the Can Res tkt purchase. If I have to physically link the tickets day of, it might get time consuming and waste precious minutes of my park day. It is what it is but I was just wondering.

Also, the Magicbands I still have from my last Disney visit 2 years ago, will they still be linked to my MDE app along with my fastpasses and ADRs when the time comes?

I purchased 4 Canadian Resident tickets for my upcoming trip with my family of 4 in August 2019. I received them in the mail yesterday but they are exchange certificates, not actual tickets,
1. which means I will have to exchange them our first day at a Disney park for actual tickets.
2. Will I have to link the tickets I pick up that day to my MDE app or
3. will they automatically be picked up by the system.
4. My app is showing the Can Res tkt purchase.
5. If I have to physically link the tickets day of, it might get time consuming and waste precious minutes of my park day. It is what it is but I was just wondering.
Also, the Magicbands I still have from my last Disney visit 2 years ago,
6. will they still be linked to my MDE app along with my fastpasses and ADRs when the time comes?
1. You won't have to exchange them at all if you are going to use MBs. No need for the actual "plastic tickets" (unless you just want them.)
2. Nope.
3. See #1.
4. Then, that's all that's needed to use the tickets via any MBs that you have now and/or will get in the future.
5. You don't.
6. They will be (and ARE) unless you, yourself, deactivated them in your MDX account.

1. You won't have to exchange them at all if you are going to use MBs. No need for the actual "plastic tickets" (unless you just want them.)
2. Nope.
3. See #1.
4. Then, that's all that's needed to use the tickets via any MBs that you have now and/or will get in the future.
5. You don't.
6. They will be (and ARE) unless you, yourself, deactivated them in your MDX account.
Thank you so much Robo. This helps!

2. Nope.
3. See #1.
5. You don't.
I just had a look in my MDX and there are no Magicbands linked for some reason. Is it possible to relink my Magicbands that have been previously used?

Actually, the webpage MDX doesn't show tickets even though the app does. Is there somewhere on the exchange certificate that would indicate the ticket number?

I just had a look in my MDX and there are no Magicbands linked for some reason. Is it possible to relink my Magicbands that have been previously used?

Actually, the webpage MDX doesn't show tickets even though the app does. Is there somewhere on the exchange certificate that would indicate the ticket number?

The app and website are notoriously and disastrously glitchy.
(Those of us who are daily participants on this site are made constantly aware of this by near-daily
questions and pleas about "where did my -blanks- go? They were in my MDX, now they're not.)

Trying to see what you ACTUALLY have in your MDX on a day-to-day basis can be an exercise in futility.

Since the app -or- website (one or the other) is showing your tickets, then your tickets ARE linked.

And, unless you deliberately went in to your MDX account and directly deactivated your current MBs (I don't know why you would do that,)
then your current MBs are still active.
If you didn't deactivate them, then they don't need to be "reactivated."
Yes. The confirmation number of your exchange certificate will work in your MDX for your tickets.
But, again, if the app -or- website (one or the other) is showing your tickets, then your tickets ARE linked.

You can't imagine how frustrating it is for some of us here to keep trying to explain and unravel this ridiculously complex tangled mess that Disney IT has wrought.

Robo, thanks again. You would think that Disney would have worked out the kinks by now.

True, but they cannot get around announcing a publicized increase for annual passes.

Uh...

Unless what they do is slowly reduce the number of days each pass is valid.

Nah... they wouldn't do that.

:worried:

You’re right about the APs, of course. I had non-AP tickets in mind, sorry I didn’t clarify that.

Hi @Robo! Thanks for excellent info!

(anyone can answer if they know!)

We aren't going until May 2020 - from what I understand, if I buy now, my year expiration countdown won't start until I activate AP at the park when we go in May 2020? Or do I need to wait until this May to purchase for next May?

If I buy now and there is an increase before we go, do we pay the increase? Thinking of buying before Galaxy's Edge comes into play.

We already have room only booked for May 2020, if we purchase AP and a discount comes out, can we use the discount for room even though we haven't officially activated the AP?

thanks all, APs are new to us! We are not Florida residents. :)

1. When?
2. When?
3. Which trip is your "March trip."

Thanks for your response, I will clarify for you.
1. March 2019 - Sun and Fun
2. September 2019 - Free Dining
3. I would like to return to Disney either next January 2020 or March 2020, so was thinking of upgrading to AP on my upcoming March 2019 trip in a few weeks, but do not want to lose the free dining offer for September. I wanted to take advantage of the discounts with the AP for the March 2019, but do not want to lose the free dining package reservation. Can you upgrade tickets from a free dining package?

Can you upgrade tickets from a free dining package?
Yes.
After you arrive at WDW on the "Free Dining" trip you can upgrade any individual ticket (or all of them) without losing the "Free Dining."

Yes.
After you arrive at WDW on the "Free Dining" trip you can upgrade any individual ticket (or all of them) without losing the "Free Dining."
But I think OP had hoped to upgrade in March-I don’t think you can do that without losing your free dining.

But I think OP had hoped to upgrade in March-I don’t think you can do that without losing your free dining.

What CAN be done is to upgrade the March tickets to AP during the March trip, and then
NOT USE the tickets purchased on/for the "Free Dining" trip.

Just SAVE them and use their value in the future to help pay for NEW tickets or APs at a time
when the OP returns to WDW.
(Or use their value to help pay for a renewal of a then-current AP.)

What CAN be done is to upgrade the March tickets to AP during the March trip, and then
NOT USE the tickets purchased on/for the "Free Dining" trip.

Just SAVE them and use their value in the future to help pay for NEW tickets or APs at a time
when the OP returns to WDW.
(Or use their value to help pay for a renewal of a then-current AP.)

Thanks very much for all the helpful information. I have another question: How do you save tickets from the Free Dining package to be used at a later date with the new ticket structure? Again, thanks very much for your help and advice!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter