Maybe you guys can answer this question- Originally booked 5 day tickets for a trip starting 6/10, it was purchased before they changed ticketing by date. We decided to add 2 days to our trip and now arrive 6/8. For our resort we just added a room only for the first 2 days but we upgraded our 5 day tickets to 7 day tickets (our TA handled all this). All that looks correct on MDE except it shows that our tickets are valid starting 6/10.
1. Don't know if that's an error or if something needs to be changed-
2. would hate to get there on 6/8 and not be able to use our tickets until 6/10!
1. If it doesn't "clear up" by tomorrow, have the TA call Disney and get it fixed.
2. Yes, that could happen. Don't let it go, if it doesn't correct itself.

You'd very likely owe the different between the 2019 Platinum Pass (you'd have a 2019 AP certificate) and the FUTURE (at that time) Platinum PLUS Pass.
Thank you Robo! Looks like I should buy the Platinum Plus now.

I currently have a free dining package in July for my wife, son, and me. If I called in, would I be able to add another adult to the package? Would they have free dining as well as long as we got them the same park ticket we have?

I currently have a free dining package in July for my wife, son, and me. If I called in, would I be able to add another adult to the package? Would they have free dining as well as long as we got them the same park ticket we have?

Yes. As long as the room can accommodate the extra person.
The added guest does need the same kind of ticket as the rest of you,
ordered as part of the revised package reservation.

Last edited:
I have "non-expiry" tickets purchased several years ago before the ticket change. I plan to go in January of 2020. Will I be able to use them? Do I have to stop at a ticket booth to make changes first? Will I have to pay some kind of "upgrade"?

I have "non-expiry" tickets purchased several years ago before the ticket change. I plan to go in January of 2020.
1. Will I be able to use them?
2. Do I have to stop at a ticket booth to make changes first?
3. Will I have to pay some kind of "upgrade"?
1. If they have "days left" on them (or they have never been used at all,) then yes.
2. That may be a good idea. (You will likely need new plastic RFID tickets to use at the gates and for FP+.) You might want to try to get these tickets added to your MyDisneyExperience account (create one if you don't have one) and then you can book FP+ in advance of your trip.
3. Nope.

1. If they have "days left" on them (or they have never been used at all,) then yes.
2. That may be a good idea. (You will likely need new plastic RFID tickets to use at the gates and for FP+.) You might want to try to get these tickets added to your MyDisneyExperience account (create one if you don't have one) and then you can book FP+ in advance of your trip.
3. Nope.

I have similar tickets but my children are no longer under 10 and we have days left on them. What do we do?

I have similar tickets but my children are no longer under 10 and we have days left on them. What do we do?
If the child’s tickets are partially used, there’s no charge to upgrade the remainer of the assets on them to “adult.”
But, if the child tickets have never been used, Disney will likely have to “come up with” a new price for an upgrade to an adult version of thise tickets.
That price would be unknown to me.

If the child’s tickets are partially used, there’s no charge to upgrade the remainer of the assets on them to “adult.”
But, if the child tickets have never been used, Disney will likely have to “come up with” a new price for an upgrade to an adult version of thise tickets.
That price would be unknown to me.
Thanks!!! They have been partially used. Certainly don’t mind paying the upgrade fee but don’t want to lose the “non-expire” portion.

What is the current price (including tax) to renew a platinum AP? I'm not quite to my renewal period and I can't seem to find a definite answer on the Disney site or here other than there is a renewal discount, I don't know if my search skills are lacking or what! TIA.

What is the current price (including tax) to renew a platinum AP? I'm not quite to my renewal period and I can't seem to find a definite answer on the Disney site or here other than there is a renewal discount, I don't know if my search skills are lacking or what.

Here you go:
Disney Platinum Pass – New Purchase $894 plus tax $749 plus tax $145 DVC savings
Disney Platinum Pass – Renewal $759 plus tax $636 plus tax $123 DVC savings
DVC savings

I just reread your question Adding 6.5% Florida state to that price for renewal would be $678.29

Last edited:
We are planning a trip a day before our youngest DGD 3rd birthday. So she doesn't need a park ticket. But what if they decide to go to a Christmas party later in the week, will she need to buy a ticket for the party?

We are planning a trip a day before our youngest DGD 3rd birthday. So she doesn't need a park ticket. But what if they decide to go to a Christmas party later in the week, will she need to buy a ticket for the party?

Begiining the first day of a WDW trip, a child's age is "locked" for the duration of that trip.

OTOH, if you'd LIKE to pay for a party ticket for the child, I'm sure WDW would be happy for the donation. ;)

Begiining the first day of a WDW trip, a child's age is "locked" for the duration of that trip.

OTOH, if you'd LIKE to pay for a party ticket for the child, I'm sure WDW would be happy for the donation. ;)

Thank you. As it is, if they go, we may meet them at the gates about 9 to take her back to the resort.

We hadn't planned on the timing but the older kids have off several days from school, so it's a good week. Saving $500 on not needing a ticket was just a bonus.

DVC savings

I just reread your question Adding 6.5% Florida state to that price for renewal would be $678.29
thanks, we don't have DVC but knowing tax is 6.5% for sure that I can figure out on my own. I just wanted to be sure to have the total price to compare an AP with a regular ticket to decide if we should renew or not.

I purchased an 8 day Park Hopper through Undercover Tourist on January 28th for the dates of May 28 - June 8. Today, I went in to change the dates of my travel to May 27 - June 7 and Disney states I owe $35. for the change. The date is not a higher priced date and I am not trying to add a date to the ticket. Is it because I bought the ticket prior to the price hike and now I would have to pay the difference? If so, I won't do it because my intention was to price bridge to a DVC Gold Pass when I get there. For some reason $35 extra fee is a deal breaker.

I purchased an 8 day Park Hopper through Undercover Tourist on January 28th for the dates of May 28 - June 8. Today, I went in to change the dates of my travel to May 27 - June 7 and Disney states I owe $35. for the change. The date is not a higher priced date and I am not trying to add a date to the ticket.
1. Is it because I bought the ticket prior to the price hike and now I would have to pay the difference?
2. If so, I won't do it because my intention was to price bridge to a DVC Gold Pass when I get there.
3. For some reason $35 extra fee is a deal breaker.
1. Could be. Don't know.
2. Why not? (That averages out to less than $4.40 per each of your 8 days.)
3. If your intent is to upgrade to an AP, won't that $35 basically be "absorbed" into the upgrade cost? (Would it not mean that you were upgrading a ticket that would be worth $35 more in the transaction?)
And, I'm not exactly SURE about this, but it MIGHT be possible to simply do the upgrade to AP on your arrival date of May 27 without changing your May 28-dated ticket.

Last edited:
I hope someone can answer this. I am a DVC member and also military. Shades of green sells FL tickets tax free. Since DVC and FL get the same price for annual passes (I am not currently FL resident), can I buy the FL discounted AP ticket at shades and activate it with my DVC membership? Since they are both the same exact price I was hoping to save a few bucks on tax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter