I am a DVC member and also military.
Shades of green sells FL tickets tax free.
1. Since DVC and FL get the same price for annual passes
2. (I am not currently FL resident),
3. can I buy the FL discounted AP ticket at shades and
4. activate it with my DVC membership?
5. Since they are both the same exact price
6. I was hoping to save a few bucks on tax.
1. & 5. That fact does not really figure into this situation.
2. THAT is the important bit of info.
3. No. Because YOU would have to show a FL photo ID to actually USE the AP at a park gate (at least for the first time.)
(Just having a FL resident ticket does not allow its use without a FL ID.)
4. Guests who are not FL residents cannot activate a FL AP or use a FL AP at a park gate (at least for the first time.)
6. Yup. Unless Shades sells the kind of ticket that you need, that won't work.

Hello! Is there a way to figure out how much it would cost to add a hopper? Tickets are from UT, 6 day, non flexible. I assume the hoppers must be added at GS?

Hello!
1. Is there a way to figure out how much it would cost to add a hopper? Tickets are from UT, 6 day, non flexible.
2. I assume the hoppers must be added at GS?
Sure.
1. Go to Post #6 of the thread on which we are now posting.
2. Can be done at any Guest Relations or ticket window at WDW.
Also can be done at the Concierge desk at any WDW resort.

This is a random question, but we originally had booked a package with dining and tickets for our Feb. 2019 trip - we ended up cancelling the package tickets and getting tickets through UT. I noticed that both tickets were in my disney experience but didn't think anything about it, we went on our trip just fine (we didn't prioritize tickets or anything - but our UT tickets were used on our trip). Well I just logged into my account (both app and online) and noticed that the package tickets are still there (they can't be reassigned), but it does give me the ability to book fast passes. Is it possible that when we thought we removed the tickets (we used a travel agent), they actually never got removed? They say they are good until January 2020.

This is a random question, but we originally had booked a package with dining and tickets for our Feb. 2019 trip - we ended up cancelling the package tickets and getting tickets through UT. I noticed that both tickets were in my disney experience but didn't think anything about it, we went on our trip just fine (we didn't prioritize tickets or anything - but our UT tickets were used on our trip). Well I just logged into my account (both app and online) and noticed that the package tickets are still there (they can't be reassigned), but it does give me the ability to book fast passes. Is it possible that when we thought we removed the tickets (we used a travel agent), they actually never got removed? They say they are good until January 2020.
Anything is "possible" regarding the glitchy MyDisneyExperience site.

To make SURE, call WDW Ticketing:

(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

-or-

Email ticket.inquiries@disneyworld.com

-or-

Call the WDW IT Dept. at
(407) 939-7765 or
(407) 939-4357

Here now, 7 day hopper x 2 to upgrade to Platinum AP

660.? Is this with a DVC discount? My Math was 748ish before I left home for vaca

Just checking that convention tickets (such as those sold through certain unnamed travel agencies) cannot be upgraded to APs. Is this correct?

Just checking that convention tickets (such as those sold through certain unnamed travel agencies) cannot be upgraded to APs. Is this correct?
Some convention tickets can.
IF they can, expect there to be no monetary advantage, as the amount applied would likely be just the amount paid for the original ticket.

Some convention tickets can.
IF they can, expect there to be no monetary advantage, as the amount applied would likely be just the amount paid for the original ticket.

How would I find out?

I plan to bring my daughter in the fall. It is her last year of preschool, so the last time I can potentially take her whenever the fancy strikes (and the airfare drops and my PTO is granted). I was thinking about getting APs for us and taking another trip or two. But I'm not sure if it will be amazing or a headache, since it will be our first trip. I just don't want to buy convention tickets, decide I want APs, and have to start from scratch with the price. Even if there's no discount, at least it preserves the option of seeing if the trip is a success before investing in APs.

Are we allowed to upgrade a gold AP to platinum? And does anyone know how much that would be or can you point me to the place to find out? Sorry - I've searched but failed to find it so far. Finally, does it make a difference in upgrade cost depending on whether the gold AP was a renewal or not.

We are DVC if that makes any difference.

thanks!!

1. Are we allowed to upgrade a gold AP to platinum?
2. And does anyone know how much that would be or can you point me to the place to find out?
3. Sorry - I've searched but failed to find it so far.
4. Finally, does it make a difference in upgrade cost depending on whether the gold AP was a renewal or not.
1. Yes.
2. The difference between what you paid for the original AP and the current cost of the new AP.
3. The prices of APs are listed on the official WDW Tickets' AP pages. (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passes/)
4. You would likely pay the difference between the "renewal price" of your current AP and the "renewal price" of the AP to which you are upgrading.
Just be aware that the new upgraded AP will retain the current AP's expiration/anniversary date, and there is no reduced cost for the shorter life of the new AP. (No prorating of cost.)

Last edited:
1. Yes.
2. The difference between what you paid for the original AP and the current cost of the new AP.
3. The prices of APs are listed on the official WDW Tickets' AP pages. (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passes/)
4. You would likely pay the difference between the "renewal price" of your current AP and the "renewal price" of the AP to which you are upgrading.
Just be aware that the new upgraded AP will retain the current AP's expiration/anniversary date, and there is no reduced cost for the shorter life of the new AP. (No prorating of cost.)

Thanks, Robo!

The AAA website says the FL resident e-ticket must be exchanged at "will call."
1. Does "will call" generally refer to Guest Relations at the park gate?
2. Would it be safe to assume there won't be a long line if we are arriving in the afternoon?
3. Is there a sticky/FAQ somewhere that discusses the different ticket varieties for UT and other authorized vendors?

The AAA website says the FL resident e-ticket must be exchanged at "will call."
1. Does "will call" generally refer to Guest Relations at the park gate?
2. Would it be safe to assume there won't be a long line if we are arriving in the afternoon?
3. Is there a sticky/FAQ somewhere that discusses the different ticket varieties for UT and other authorized vendors?
1. There are FOUR kinds of booths/desks that deal with tickets at WDW.
-Ticket Windows
-Guest Relations
-Will Call Windows
-WDW Resort Concierge Desks
You can exchange your FL Res. ticket at any of the first 3 (and likely the Resort Concierge, but I'm not confident about that one.)

2. Generally fewer guests in afternoons, as most will already be in a park by then.

3. The site mentioned above (https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/ticket-calculator) is a good one.

Got a package scheduled to start in about 45 days. Now can't make it. Will probably go later this year, but can't commit to a date yet. Would it be simpler to either:

1) Cancel the whole package, get full refund, then make a new reservation when I know my dates
2) Change the package to a random date later in the year just to keep a reservation 'live', but knowing there is a good chance I might be back to changing that new date if I don't get lucky and can go that random date I choose.

Is there any advantage to having a 'live' reservation?

Follow up to my own question. Now only one of us might not be able to go. If we drop the one person off the package and it's within 30 days of arrival, am I only subject to the $50 change fee? Will we be refunded the cost of that one person falling off since we've already paid in full?

Follow up to my own question. Now only one of us might not be able to go. If we drop the one person off the package and it's within 30 days of arrival, am I only subject to the $50 change fee? Will we be refunded the cost of that one person falling off since we've already paid in full?

Sorry, but this is a "Resorts" question.
I suggest that you re-post it on the RESORTS Forum HERE.

Not sure how the math was less, so going to figure I did get a discount? Just wondering if anyone with better Math Skills knew.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter