I bought the tickets online at Visit Orlando. I bought them in January after the price/structure change, so they are date beads. I used your link to check current prices, and also went to the website directly. Makes no sense why the in person price would be $20 less than what I’m getting online.

I bought the tickets online at Visit Orlando. I bought them in January after the price/structure change, so they are date beads. I used your link to check current prices, and also went to the website directly. Makes no sense why the in person price would be $20 less than what I’m getting online.

Is there a link on your MDX account that offers an upgrade to the kind of AP that you want?

NOTE:
If you have already gone into a theme park this trip using your original tickets, there should be a link that offers you the ability to upgrade to a "regular" AP.
If so, check the price that it offers against the info that is listed in my Post #6.
That would give us some indication of "standard" pricing.
We need to start somewhere to compare what's happening with your upgrade.

Last edited:
We are DVC, so it won’t allow upgrade to a DVC Gold AP apparently.

When I select Florida resident Gold AP, it says 554.01 ticket value applied. Disney website says 573.11 before tax.

Wasn’t there another price increase this spring - March, maybe? In which case your tickets aren’t the same stock as currently sold.

Enjoy your vacation!

I don’t think that should matter since the price used for the upgrade should be the current online price for the type of ticket I purchased. Correct? Something is off though because both the app and guest relations are giving me the same price, which is roughly $20 less than the current online price. So maybe they are now not using the current online price but instead using the online price at the time you purchased the discounted tickets.

I’m gonna try again tomorrow at Epcot. If it’s the same situation I’ll just go ahead and do it.

I don’t think that should matter since the price used for the upgrade should be the current online price for the type of ticket I purchased.

No, for an upgrade your ticket has the value of the date it was “minted” - not necessarily current pricing. Since there has been a ticket increase after you purchased your tickets, you still keep the discount you received at original purchase but the upgrade is based on the value of your ticket at that time.

Enjoy your vacation!

No, for an upgrade your ticket has the value of the date it was “minted” - not necessarily current pricing. Since there has been a ticket increase after you purchased your tickets, you still keep the discount you received at original purchase but the upgrade is based on the value of your ticket at that time.

Enjoy your vacation!

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the first page of this thread says that tickets that were minted after October 2018 are based on the prices at the link provided. That link takes you to Disneys current website ticket pricing. There is no mention on here that subsequent price increases would affect tickets minted after October 2018. I bought date based tickets in November 2018.I According to the information on the first page of this thread, I should get current online pricing for these tickets when price bridging. If that is wrong, so be it. I’m fine with that. I just want to make sure that I’m getting the correct price and the CM is not screwing up.

Unfortunately, I don’t believe anyone has a source to link for the prices from Oct. 2018 until the recent increase in March 2019. Prices vary by date and length of ticket. Some may have increased slightly in March while others no much at all. The new pricing structure makes it much more difficult to document.

Good luck with your upgrade and enjoy your vacation!

Unfortunately, I don’t believe anyone has a source to link for the prices from Oct. 2018 until the recent increase in March 2019.
Sad, but true.

I can't find an archived listing for those prices.

Excuse me if this has been asked before, but with 360 pages, I don't know quite how to search for what I want.

Here is my situation:

1. I went to Disneyland over the weekend and bought a 4 day Park Hopper for all my family, WITH MaxPass.

2. I did the 4 day park hopper rather than just get an annual pass, because ONE DAY of our visit was a Blockout Date for the standard Deluxe Pass.

3. On the 4th day, I converted all the passes to Annual Passes, with MaxPass.

4. It appears, from looking at my receipts, that they did not give us credit (around $60 per pass) for the MaxPass expense, to apply it to our new tickets.

5. Even more important, it looks to me that the amount of credit we received from each 4 day Park Hopper, to apply to the Annual Pass was the total amount MINUS about $100 per ticket, which appears to correlate with what a Park Hopper Pass would have cost for that Blockout Date.

So, does anyone know if it is Disney policy to NOT give you credit for any Blockout Days used, when you convert your tickets to Annual Passes? And do they truly also not give you credit for the MaxPass? Or did I just screw up by not being aware of what was going on, and point out that the money back seemed a bit low?

When I converted, my daughter and granddaughter were able to do it online, and it discussed nothing of these options, only gave some (apparently reduced) credit towards the Annual Pass. But then it appeared to happen also to my wife and I when we went to the ticket window. But I didn't notice it, because we were in a hurry, until my daughter pointed it out later.

Does anyone know about these things? Thanks.

Hopefully you got your answer on the DL page but if not, here's what I know:

You won't be credited with the max pass you buy on a hopper ticket if you convert to an AP. Some CMs may *pixie dust* it to you but it's not guaranteed.

For #5. Was the $100 less credited inclusive of the $60 for the max pass? Or extra?

Hopefully you got your answer on the DL page but if not, here's what I know:

You won't be credited with the max pass you buy on a hopper ticket if you convert to an AP. Some CMs may *pixie dust* it to you but it's not guaranteed.

For #5. Was the $100 less credited inclusive of the $60 for the max pass? Or extra?
Maybe someone can hazard a guess?
If you bought tickets BEFORE October 15, 2018, and have been to WDW since the new date based system went into effect AND you have tried to upgrade your tickets at guest relations when you were there (a lot of 'ands' I know!) - then can you please share with us all approximately how much you had to pay for extra days? For example, you had a MYW 6 day ticket that you upgraded to say 10 days, what was the extra charge you paid this year? THANKS!

1.Maybe someone can hazard a guess?
2. If you bought tickets BEFORE October 15, 2018...
1. There is no need to "guess."
We know what the cost should be based on current upgrade rules.
Upgrade information and procedures are available in Post #6 of the thread on which we are now posting.

2. Bought tickets HOW and from WHOM?

I can offer more precise info if you will post the exact kind of tickets that you have and how they were purchased.

(BTW, the post that you quoted in your question is regarding Disneyland and does not relate to WDW ticketing.)

Last edited:
1. There is no need to "guess."
We know what the cost should be based on current upgrade rules.
Upgrade information and procedures are available in Post #6 of the thread on which we are now posting.

2. Bought tickets HOW and from WHOM?

I can offer more precise info if you will post the exact kind of tickets that you have and how they were purchased.

(BTW, the post that you quoted in your question is regarding Disneyland and does not relate to WDW ticketing.)
Sorry for the confusion, just saw the thread, very thorough and precise, thanks!

So if I get there by around 5pm, on May 26th and leave on May 31st, no need to buy a 5 day ticket right? However, on the undercover tourist website the difference between base 4+1 extra free day and 5 day ticket is negligible.
Can anyone confirm if they bought it from Undercover tourist or should I buy from disney website, any other way to save money on the tickets. I need two adult and 1 child ticket. Undercover tourist pricing is coming out to be $1355 for 5 days.

So if I get there by around 5pm, on May 26th and leave on May 31st, no need to buy a 5 day ticket right? However, on the undercover tourist website

1. the difference between base 4+1 extra free day and 5 day ticket is negligible.
2. Can anyone confirm if they bought it from Undercover tourist
3. or should I buy from disney website,
4. any other way to save money on the tickets. I need two adult and 1 child ticket. Undercover tourist pricing is coming out to be $1355 for 5 days.
1. That is the exact same ticket, by the way. (A 5-day ticket.)
2. Thousands of guests do so every year.
3. That's fine, too.
4. You can check the prices from any of the authorized WDW ticket resellers/discounters.
It varies from time-to-time as to who has the best price on which tickets you want.
Click HERE (touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/ticket-calculator) for some of the more popular choices.

So if I get there by around 5pm, on May 26th and leave on May 31st, no need to buy a 5 day ticket right?

You could go into a park specifically to see an "evening spectacular" on that first night.
And/or, you could get one or more FP's in that park and start off your trip by riding a few attractions.
Or, just walking around and taking in the evening atmosphere of a WDW park.

Is bridging still a thing? We are going the last week in December and through the first week of January. Block out dates for the gold pass. Thinking of buying 10 d hoppers and upgrading to the hold pass once the blockout window passes. Is there any benefit to purchasing with UT for the discount? Or does Disney know what I paid and I lose my discount upon upgrade. If so, I’ll just buy direct from Disney using Canadian Disney gift cards.

1. Yes.
2. OK.
3. Yes. You must buy from an authorized ticket discounter (UT is one of several) in order to get the “price bridging” advantage.
4. Disney knows prices, but not what YOU were charged.
Quoting myself to show original message. I’ve looked into this more and need some clarification. If I get 8 day hoppers—greatest savings—from undercover tourist, those tickets are $596.96 before tax. The dvc gold pass is $609 before tax. However the direct from Disney price for the 8 day hopper is $654.95–more than the cost of my AP “upgrade.” Will this cause a problem? I’m not looking to get money back. Buying from UT will save me a few extra dollars. I just don’t want to get to Guest Relations and have someone tell me that I can’t get my gold AP.

Also, do I need to get my AP before the end of my 8d hopper’s final day?

Quoting myself to show original message. I’ve looked into this more and need some clarification. If I get 8 day hoppers—greatest savings—from undercover tourist, those tickets are $596.96 before tax.
The dvc gold pass is $609 before tax. However the direct from Disney price for the 8 day hopper is $654.95–more than the cost of my AP “upgrade.”
1. Will this cause a problem? I’m not looking to get money back. Buying from UT will save me a few extra dollars. I just don’t want to get to Guest Relations and have someone tell me that I can’t get my gold AP.
2. Also, do I need to get my AP before the end of my 8d hopper’s final day?
1. Yes.
You want to choose a ticket for upgrading that saves the most money
BUT ALSO, for which the "Disney price" is less than or equal to the price of the ticket to which you want to upgrade.
2. Yes.
What's more, you'd likely get the best value for savings (AP perks) during your trip if you upgrade
during the first or second day of your trip.

1. Yes.
You want to choose a ticket for upgrading that saves the most money
BUT ALSO, for which the "Disney price" is less than or equal to the price of the ticket to which you want to upgrade.
2. Yes.
What's more, you'd likely get the best value for savings (AP perks) during your trip if you upgrade
during the first or second day of your trip.
My trip is during the gold pass blockout days so I can’t upgrade until the blockout period nears its end as I will need the regular pass to get into the parks. With the high price of tickets that Christmas week, I’ll need to buy a five day pass in order for it to cost less than the gold pass. Mmmm....Not sure how to proceed.

Last edited:
I'm struggling with the exact same dilemma. I went to a Passholders page where I was assured it can be upgraded to Gold on the last day of your multi-day ticket. But the Disney website says there still must be a day remaining. Unless they count the current day as a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter