Does anyone know if it's a better deal to buy a Package with room and tickets or separately? My parents will need PH tickets and are considering CL room. I have never booked in a package.

Does anyone know if it's a better deal to buy a Package with room and tickets or separately? My parents will need PH tickets and are considering CL room. I have never booked in a package.

The tickets cost the exact same amount, either way.
The room costs the exact same amount, either way.

One big difference is that if you decide to cancel the trip, if you bought tickets as part of the package, the tickets can be cancelled along with the room.

Another difference is that if you buy the tickets separately, you can choose to buy them from an authorized WDW ticket discounter and save money that way.

Lastly, if the package "requires" the purchase of tickets (like in the case of "Free Dining,")
you must buy the tickets from Disney.

Tickets are never discounted when they are required in a package booked direct, the discount is always applied to the room cost. But it's always possible that a room only discount ends up offering a better deal than a room + tickets price. It never hurts to check all available scenarios and see what prices out best!

Heading to the world tomorrow and considering upgrading my boys to APs.

I bought them 6 day hoppers from UCT on 3/14/19 when they had the old price during the new price increase.

I paid $506.74 and $490.08.

It looks like the current 6 day hoppers are $561.59 and $543.02...plus the tax...totaling $1176.42

APs are $894 ...totaling $1904.22 with tax.

I am going to run out and grab gift cards for this transaction so just trying to figure out how much to buy. Well, I guess first I should ask, if I upgrade on the app after the tix are used, can I pay with gift cards? Secondly, and I looking at approx $727.80 for the 2 tickets or am I missing a detail in my calculation?

Thanks in advance!

Heading to the world tomorrow and considering upgrading my boys to APs.

1. I bought them 6 day hoppers from UCT on 3/14/19 when they had the old price during the new price increase.

2. I paid $506.74 and $490.08.

3. It looks like the current 6 day hoppers are $561.59 and $543.02...plus the tax...totaling $1176.42

APs are $894 ...totaling $1904.22 with tax.

4. I am going to run out and grab gift cards for this transaction so just trying to figure out how much to buy. Well, I guess first I should ask,
5. if I upgrade on the app after the tix are used, can I pay with gift cards? Secondly, and
6. I looking at approx $727.80 for the 2 tickets or am I missing a detail in my calculation?

Thanks in advance!
The method used to compute ticket upgrades is explained in Post# 6 of the thread on which we are now posting.
(Click HERE.)

1. I'm sorry but I don't have access to what was the "Disney price" for tickets minted between Oct.16,2018 and March 12, 2019.
2. What you paid does not figure into the cost of upgrading.
3. The CURRENT price will likely not be the value offered in the upgrade.
6. The price offered will likely be what was the "Disney price" for tickets minted between Oct.16,2018 and March 12, 2019.
(Again, I don't have access to those prices.)
4.& 6. So, if you want to be prepared, you may want to buy enough gift cards to handle a significantly higher amount.
5. You would need to "combine" multiple gift cards into one new card (can be done on-line HERE) and then pay with that.
(And, you might need to do the two upgrades as two separate transactions.)

Last edited:
After my experience today, I am very nervous. I do plan on calling later, when I am at home and have a large chunk of time available (I always get a long wait).

So, I originally had a room/ticket package but called and switched to a room only and proceeded to buy the special ticket (4 parks/4days) promotion they had. That was fine. I received the tickets and I called so they linked them to the reservation for me. They also linked two annual pass members to the account.

Today was fastpass day, and like any planner, I was on the computer at 7:00. Only the two AP pass holders could be booked! I called and spent a good hour on the phone only to find out they sold me tickets valid for May and June only! Anyway, that got sorted out and I was finally able to book (losing out on a time that was previously booked for th AP people).

Anyway, now I am nervous about arriving and our tickets not working (suppose I showed up on July without making fast passes! I never would have known as it showed linked passes.). I have the hard copy of the old cards, but those aren’t valid.

Should I call? I am kind of annoyed that each time I called no one noticed this, including the person who sold it to me knowing when we were going!

After my experience today, I am very nervous. I do plan on calling later, when I am at home and have a large chunk of time available (I always get a long wait).

So, I originally had a room/ticket package but called and switched to a room only and proceeded to buy the special ticket (4 parks/4days) promotion they had. That was fine. I received the tickets and I called so they linked them to the reservation for me. They also linked two annual pass members to the account.

Today was fastpass day, and like any planner, I was on the computer at 7:00. Only the two AP pass holders could be booked! I called and spent a good hour on the phone only to find out they sold me tickets valid for May and June only! Anyway, that got sorted out and I was finally able to book (losing out on a time that was previously booked for th AP people).

Anyway, now I am nervous about arriving and our tickets not working (suppose I showed up on July without making fast passes! I never would have known as it showed linked passes.). I have the hard copy of the old cards, but those aren’t valid.

1. Should I call?
2. I am kind of annoyed that each time I called no one noticed this, including the person who sold it to me knowing when we were going!
1. Only if you think you want to get an "answer" that may or may not set your mind at ease.
2. That's kinda my point. You might get a "correct" answer... or not, based on who you talk to.
If you do decide to call, I'd do so much closer (within a few days) of your arrival.
If something is "glitchy" (and, it seems like it always is) you might get a chance to solve it just before you need it.

Of the official discount ticket sellers, are there any who will accept Disney Gift Cards in payment?

I'd love to be able to get tickets less expensively, but I think I've managed to purchase the DGCs at a better discount than the ticket discounts I've seen at UT (which I'm pretty sure does not accept DGCs)

The method used to compute ticket upgrades is explained in Post# 6 of the thread on which we are now posting.
(Click HERE.)

1. I'm sorry but I don't have access to what was the "Disney price" for tickets minted between Oct.16,2018 and March 12, 2019.
2. What you paid does not figure into the cost of upgrading.
3. The CURRENT price will likely not be the value offered in the upgrade.
6. The price offered will likely be what was the "Disney price" for tickets minted between Oct.16,2018 and March 12, 2019.
(Again, I don't have access to those prices.)
4.& 6. So, if you want to be prepared, you may want to buy enough gift cards to handle a significantly higher amount.
5. You would need to "combine" multiple gift cards into one new card (can be done on-line HERE) and then pay with that.
(And, you might need to do the two upgrades as two separate transactions.)

Took a screen shot of the app upgrade option in case it helps anyone else with tickets minted during that time frame where you don’t know the value.

One is to upgrade to plat plus one plat.

Original ticket is an adult 6 day hopper.

Attachments

• 244DF586-E307-44B5-8214-8F6687EAA975.jpeg
    244DF586-E307-44B5-8214-8F6687EAA975.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 21
And child 6 day hopper upgrade options:

Attachments

• A255882C-01A9-4A31-8517-27B66C026120.png
    A255882C-01A9-4A31-8517-27B66C026120.png
    229.2 KB · Views: 16
Something odd...

On both the upper (Adult) and lower (Child) price quote it says:
"$519.38 Ticket Value Applied"
But, the two price results are different.
Yes sorry if I fixed it and added a second post. Got confused on my screen shots.

Of the official discount ticket sellers, are there any who will accept Disney Gift Cards in payment?

I'd love to be able to get tickets less expensively, but I think I've managed to purchase the DGCs at a better discount than the ticket discounts I've seen at UT (which I'm pretty sure does not accept DGCs)

No, they aren't directly affiliated with Disney so the Disney GC have no value to them. Add to that, they require payment in full up front, no payment plans available.

I have been searching all over and been reading thru this forum. If i'm in the wrong area, please direct me to the correct area. Anyway, we recently purchased AP's for the first time. We are going in Oct. 2 of us have AP's and there are 8 of us going. We are wanting to go to the MNSSHP and i believe i heard that you can get 4 discounted tickets to the party. Is that 4 for me to purchase and 4 for my husband to purchase? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have been searching all over and been reading thru this forum. If i'm in the wrong area, please direct me to the correct area. Anyway, we recently purchased AP's for the first time. We are going in Oct. 2 of us have AP's and there are 8 of us going. We are wanting to go to the MNSSHP and i believe i heard that you can get 4 discounted tickets to the party. Is that 4 for me to purchase and 4 for my husband to purchase? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It should be 4 per AP, when the AP holder makes the purchase.

Just an FYI it is a very small discount (I believe $5 or so)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter