Hi! This is a repeat question as we never got a clear answer and my trip is coming up! :banana:
We bought our canadian tickets at CAA and I'm wondering if we'll be able to upgrade them to AP while being bridged. I know Robo told me before that these should be bridged since they are sold by an external vendor but there is no actual testimony from someone who was able to do this. So anyone (robo? Ravenclaw?) can confirm that these can be bridged? :goodvibes

Thanks a bunch!

Exactly what assets are on the ticket, and what did you pay for the ticket?

Exactly what assets are on the ticket, and what did you pay for the ticket?
It's a 6-day myw ticket (no add-on) and I paid 283.56$ for it (well, CAA converted it into CAN funds before charging me so I actually paid around 373$ CAN :rolleyes:).

I bought a 6-day ticket for our upcoming trip. For the first day or two it will be heavy crowds- Will I have to upgrade the tickets?

No.

6-day tickets cost the same whether you visit at a "busy" time or a "slow" time.

It's a 6-day myw ticket (no add-on) and I paid 283.56$ for it (well, CAA converted it into CAN funds before charging me so I actually paid around 373$ CAN :rolleyes:).

If your USD price was 283.56, including sales tax, then your price saving was about 25% lower than Disney gate price.
That is an outstanding bargain price!

That said, you can almost surely upgrade and get the price "bridged" to the current gate price for the purpose of the upgrade transaction.

The kind of tickets which CANNOT be "price bridged" are tickets that are given away free by Disney for "guest recovery" issues (problems guests had in the parks,) and certain tickets given away by Disney to be used as prizes in charitable auctions, raffles and other situations.
Those tickets have no actual "monetary value," so they don't figure into the price of an upgrade transaction.

Here's a thread post from the Canadian forum regarding upgrading the Discounted Tickets to an AP:
Canadian Residents 25% off tickets on WDW site - Upgrading Post

I didn't read every single post, but didn't find anyone who had upgraded to AP.
(I found QUESTIONS about upgrading to AP.)

Regardless, I did read that one guest had successfully upgraded to Park Hopper and didn't say a word
about needing to pay an up charge (in addition to the actual cost of the hopper option.)

Nothing beats fun at WDW!

Last edited:
I didn't read every single post, but didn't find anyone who had upgraded to AP.
(I found QUESTIONS about upgrading to AP.)

Regardless, I did read that one guest had successfully upgraded to Park Hopper and didn't say a word
about needing to pay an up charge (in addition to the actual cost of the hopper option.)
That was the specific link for Post #276. Anyway, Post #276 does have the info for AP upgrade using the Canadian Tickets. :)

That was the specific link for Post #276. Anyway, Post #276 does have the info for AP upgrade using the Canadian Tickets. :)

Got it.

Hi All,
I just returned from WDW on November 20th - so I have some answers to the Canadian Discounted tickets.
I personally purchased the tickets via WDW website. The tickets were automatically linked to my MDE account and I was able to make FastPass selection right away since I was staying on site and it was less than 60 days out.
I was able to upgrade the tickets to an annual pass. This was done at the ticket booth at the International Gateway at Epcot. When I showed the print out (voucher), passport and credit card that used to initially purchase the ticket - the cast member did not seem too concern??? She was going to give me a separate admission ticket (the plastic card) but then I showed her that I had magic band that was nixed. Upgrading to the annual pass was easy - but they did not bridged the price.
If there is anything else I can answer - please ask away!

Now, we need to know if this was a mistake by the CM or actual "policy."

I'm familiar with this forum but in the specific message you're referring to, the person bought a package from wdw so there wouldn't be any bridging anyway. My situation is a little different since I bought the canadian tickets from a reseller and not directly from Disney. I've been waiting to read/hear about someone being able to upgrade with bridging but there doesn't seem to be a case. I guess I'll have to wait and try... :p

I'm familiar with this forum but in the specific message you're referring to, the person bought a package from wdw so there wouldn't be any bridging anyway. My situation is a little different since I bought the canadian tickets from a reseller and not directly from Disney. I've been waiting to read/hear about someone being able to upgrade with bridging but there doesn't seem to be a case. I guess I'll have to wait and try... :p

It is a bit vague as to if the tickets were stand-alone (which WON'T be bridged) or tickets that were purchased as part of a WDW Resort Package (which CAN be bridged.)
Lots of complexities in these ticket situations.

It is a bit vague as to if the tickets were stand-alone (which WON'T be bridged) or tickets that were purchased as part of a WDW Resort Package (which CAN be bridged.)
Lots of complexities in these ticket situations.

Agreed!
Thanks for your replies :goodvibes
I'll need to wait until I'm actually there to get an answer (and even then, I might get different answers from different people :faint:) but it's ok. :thumbsup2

I have a question about booking a room with the AP discount BEFORE you have the AP:

We are staying at the Contemporary and would like to upgrade 6 day PH from UT to APs. Should we head to the MK GS before we try and check in? I assume we need the AP before checking in to secure the discount.
Should we skip online check in to avoid confusion? Does it matter?

Thanks and sorry if it's been covered. I tried searching :)

I have a question about booking a room with the AP discount BEFORE you have the AP:

We are staying at the Contemporary and would like to upgrade 6 day PH from UT to APs. Should we head to the MK GS before we try and check in? I assume we need the AP before checking in to secure the discount.
Should we skip online check in to avoid confusion? Does it matter?

Thanks and sorry if it's been covered. I tried searching :)

You do NOT need to HAVE an AP certificate or an active AP to book or to check into an AP discounted room.

If you use on-line check-in, you may never have to "show" an active AP at the resort, as your MDE files will contain the the info as to when you buy/activate your AP.

Simply nothing to worry about.

You do NOT need to HAVE an AP certificate or an active AP to book or to check into an AP discounted room.

If you use on-line check-in, you may never have to "show" an active AP at the resort, as your MDE files will contain the the info as to when you buy/activate your AP.

Simply nothing to worry about.

Thanks, Robo!

Just read and didn't see this answered.

Can you upgrade a ticket to a park hopper on that day?
For example, we want to go for 3 days in May. One day MK, One day Epcot, 3rd day Epcot and maybe go back to MK. We won't know until we're there and maybe not even until noon or 1 on that day.

Would it be possible then to pay the extra at the park?

For example, we want to go for 3 days in May. One day MK, One day Epcot, 3rd day Epcot and maybe go back to MK. We won't know until we're there and maybe not even until noon or 1 on that day.

Would it be possible then to pay the extra at the park?
Yes. But the price will be the same regardless of how many days are left on the ticket.

The rules of how, where and when of Upgrading are in the original posts of this Sticky under "Upgrading Tickets."

Click HERE to be taken to that info.

I've seen some threads from last year indicating that a price increase took place in February, and that increases in prior years have also taken place during this month.

Assuming the same happens again in 2017, how much advance notice does Disney typically provide (if any) before the increase goes into effect?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter