All Day Dining Deal - Worth It?

MouseLovinMom

Mouseketeer
I saw that Sea World is offering the All Day Dining Deal. I'm trying to decide if it's worth it or not. For the 3 of us "the deal" would be about $75. The park is open late, so it's likely that we will eat both lunch and dinner there. We're not big snackers, but do buy the occasional soda or water. Can anyone give me an idea of the cost of meals so that I can decide whether it might be worth the cost? Thanks!

HI, I took the all day dining and its mostly burgers everywhere and one place had pizza. Are you going to be there to eat two full meals? Are you big eaters? ANy men in the mix or teenage boys who are big eaters? If so, you will probably get your monies worth.

We were there all day, and after a full meal at lunch we just went back to a few restaurants for the jello and desserts. we dont drink soda so we only buy bottled water. I wouldnt do it again. But thats just me.

On a personal note, I really do not like the food at Seaworld. Even the pizza is smoked over a smoker, and I dislike the taste of smoke on my food. But I am a NYer, and we would never put our pizza on a smoker up here! LOL

The food is pretty good at Dine with Shamu and the Hawiian Luau. But those events are pricey. ALthough during the day the Grill where the Luau is held serves food, but I believe that restuarant is not on the list for all day dining.

I have been to Seaworld atleast 30 times, probably more, we get annual passes and spend a month in Orlando every year. If you have any questions feel free to PM me or reply here!

HI, I took the all day dining and its mostly burgers everywhere and one place had pizza. Are you going to be there to eat two full meals? Are you big eaters? ANy men in the mix or teenage boys who are big eaters? If so, you will probably get your monies worth.

We were there all day, and after a full meal at lunch we just went back to a few restaurants for the jello and desserts. we dont drink soda so we only buy bottled water. I wouldnt do it again. But thats just me.

On a personal note, I really do not like the food at Seaworld. Even the pizza is smoked over a smoker, and I dislike the taste of smoke on my food. But I am a NYer, and we would never put our pizza on a smoker up here! LOL

The food is pretty good at Dine with Shamu and the Hawiian Luau. But those events are pricey. ALthough during the day the Grill where the Luau is held serves food, but I believe that restuarant is not on the list for all day dining.

I have been to Seaworld atleast 30 times, probably more, we get annual passes and spend a month in Orlando every year. If you have any questions feel free to PM me or reply here!

Can't believe you ate burgers at SW on the plan. They have a big variety of things to eat at the 5 restaurants on the plan. I have had season passes to SW since the 1970s and haven't eaten a hamburger there since the 1980s when all they had was the big cafeteria style building for food.

You could have had pasta, bbq ribs or chicken, salads, really good huge deli sandwiches( roast beef is to die for), chicken parmigiana, fish, stir fry, chicken or steak fijitas( steak is so good and it is enough to feed a couple kids), garden wraps, chicken fingers( also really good-my sons got the fajitas with the chicken strips for dessert for supper-meaning 2 complete meals) in addition to the burgers and pizza.

Have to agree that since they moved the pizza from Voyagers (where they had the pizza ovens) to the smokehouse, it isn't worth getting.

Actually Seafire Inn(where Luau is) is on the plan . They do serve burgers there but they also have stir fry, chicken parmigiana, fish and some other stuff. It actually is my least favorite of the places to eat.

Since you go every year, check out some of the other food they offer. You might be surprised. Sometimes we just go over to SW to eat and then leave.

Question:

With the meal deal - If your thirsty in the afternoon - can you go in just for a drink - how about a dessert and drink in the afternoon?

We did the meal deal last year and loved it. We had two great meals and were able to get a soda whenever we wanted one. We also just got some fresh fruit to snack on a couple times. We would definately do it again.

We were at Sea World on Sunday and did the all day dining. Overall, I think it is a good value, especially if you plan to be there for the entire day.

We are a family of 4-2 adults and 2 kids and the plan was around $90 including tax. I felt the choices for kids were pretty limited. Two benefits were, though, that kids and adults were allowed to choose one additional "side," (which could be a dessert or fruit, and in one instance, an ear of corn!) AND the kid's meal was served in the Shamu pail or on the Shamu plate, depending on the restaurant. This became quite an annoyance for my husband who became the pack mule for the pails & plates and cups each time we ate! :lmao:

My husband & I noticed we did not see many others with the wristbands on while we were there, which surprised us. I think we would also agree that while variety for adults is good, quality is not the best we've ever eaten. But certainly not the worst.

All of this to say when returning to Sea World, we would definitely do the all day dining plan. :)

Jennifer

Thanks everyone for the replies!

I'm thinking it might be a good deal for us. We are planning to be in the park all day so lunch, dinner and occasional water or sodas could really add up. The choices for the kids do look really limited, but I was thinking that my son and I could trade once in a while (yippee, I get the Shamu pail :lmao:) or if he was still hungry he could go back through the line and get another meal, correct? or not?

Yes, you can go through as many times as you would like!

My DD7 is a huge eater and loves hot dogs. I don't want to say how many times she went through the line. :rolleyes1

Is this plan only for a limited time only?? Heading down in March and was wondering if could get it then? This sounds excellent for my growing family of 5, especially my 12 yr. old. Eats like there is no tomorrow.

Question:

With the meal deal - If your thirsty in the afternoon - can you go in just for a drink - how about a dessert and drink in the afternoon?

Yes as often as you want. You do have to wait in lines, though. It was a good way to get out of the heat and into air for a brief time. We would get the drinks to drink on way to other things. we actually sat down for a drink and dessert once and picked up fruit to eat in line or on the way to somewhere else several times.

It isa usually only a summer thing. Sometimes on holidays. Be sure to check the website before you head down. also look for signs near the front of the park as you go in, just in case they decide to offer it during spring break times.

Great thanks.

Not sure I can talk the kids out of Sharks, but technically by doing that we waste the time at 10 to make a ressie and the time to eat the sit down. We are losing a big opportunity to watch shows. If I present it so that they see we are gaining more time and it would pay for drinks when ever they are thirsty. DH tends to be cheap and all of us splitting one drink when we are hot (and usually very hot at Sea World). During a show is a great time to have a drink.

Also noticed it said you can't get ribs - just a note to those just checking this out.

Also noticed it said you can't get ribs - just a note to those just checking this out.

You can't get baby back ribs...we had the regular(?) size ribs on Sunday. But you are right, it is printed on your ticket when you purchase the plan that the baby back ribs are not included.

I think this might be a good deal for us. It is only me and ds(10), but we plan on staying the entire day (9am-9pm!), since we are only visiting SW 1 day and ds has never been. I am thinking this will give us lots of opportunities to cool off and take small breaks throughout the day.

We will be visiting Sea World in 30 days (Aug 27th). I saw no end date for this promotion on the website. Should I wait closer to the time before I purchase this plan?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter