"All Dressed" potato chips?

Never heard of them but saw them on sale and said what the heck. I remember some Canadians posting here talked about ketchup potato chips (and I think ketchup Doritos), but I don't recall a discussion on this. Tried it and it seems to be a combination of barbecue, ketchup, and vinegar seasoning.

ruffles-all-dressed.png
original-grid-image-22126-1422985230-35.jpg

The Canadian original doesn't appear to advertise its "Canadian-ness". Apparently it was a limited time offering in the US about 3 years ago, where they seemed to overdo the maple leaf motif. Still - it sounds like the name is supposed to give a feeling for putting everything on "all dressed" to go out in the cold weather?

img_4907.jpg

http://junkbanter.com/2015/10/01/review-ruffles-all-dressed-potato-chips/

I don't believe there is any connection to getting dressed for cold weather? I always thought the name just meant all dressed as in - all decked out in all the spices and flavours.

I don't eat chips anymore, but I'd try a combo of the chips pictured in the OP, if I saw it at the store. Every few years, I get a craving for fries dipped in mayo & ketchup. It takes me back to my youth. I get my fix, then go back to being an adult that can't eat everything I want.
:sad2: I don't think I'd eat the ketchup version alone. They would need to combine the ketchup & mayo to get me to buy a bag.

Have you tried dipping the ketchup ones in mayo?

Our local grocery store carries them, and they are Yummy!
I kinda have a potato chip addiction, and these are just about at the top of the list of favorites!

It's like a suicide (mixing all the soft drinks available) for potato chips. I like the former better than the latter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter