• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"All I can do is think about DISNEY FOOD!": A Turkey Day 2012 PTR - UPDATE: 5/24

SheaBear

Mouseketeer
“Mom, all I can think about is all the food!"

So how else does a trip get booked than a day out shopping with my mom. I began talking to my Mom about Disney World one day while trying on shoes for our upcoming Disney Cruise. I just began rambling on and on about food (not just any food – DISNEY FOOD) and how much I want to go when the Christmas festivities are in full swing. 10 minutes after we got home a trip was booked.

Meet the Cast:

Shanea

1925_525014824380_45900502_31594025_8800_n.jpg

I’m Shanea and I’ll be the one writing this PTR and following TR. I initiated the Disney talk and easily convinced my mom that we should go. This trip is something I have wanted to do for a while since the last time I was there around Christmas was when I was a junior in highschool (Eeeek – that was 10 years ago.. where did the time go?!). They didn’t have the celebrations like they do now – MVMCP, specialty fireworks, and so much more. I’m so excited!!!!

Disney themed trips: 18 WDW, 1 DL, 6 Disney Cruises (8 by the time this trip comes around)
Favorite Theme Park: Magic Kingdom, but EPCOT has become a close second
Favorite Counter Service: Casey’s Corner
Favorite Table Service: 50’s Prime Time Café, solely for the atmosphere
Favorite Rides: Expedition Everest, Peter Pan, and Splash Mountain
Favorite Disney Characters: Lilo, Tinkerbell, and Peter Pan
Favorite Disney Movies: Lilo and Stitch, Peter Pan, and Tangled
Favorite Disney Songs: “When Will My Life Begin” , “Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride”, and “When You Wish Upon a Star”

Ginny (Mom)

37225_514593344626_97500317_30472358_7886105_n.jpg

My Mom is the one who first introduced me to all things Disney and I owe her the world for showing me the magic! She is always just as excited as I am to make a Disney trip, no matter what kind as long as it includes the Mouse. I’ve only made one trip without her and she has only made one trip without me. I made a girls trip with 7 of my friends in 2009 and Mom made a trip in 1976. She is my Disney partner in crime!

Disney themed trips: 18 WDW, 1 DL, 6 Disney Cruises (8 by the time this trip comes around)
Favorite Theme Park: Hollywood Studios
Favorite Counter Service: Casey’s Corner
Favorite Table Service: Chef Mickey’s
Favorite Ride: Splash Mountain
Favorite Disney Characters: Ariel, Jack Skellington, Stitch and Mickey
Favorite Disney Movies: The Little Mermaid and Lilo and Stitch
Favorite Disney Song: “Under the Sea”

Special Guests:

Hillary and Katelyn

526472_3046092634686_1334250348_32661595_808143988_n.jpg

Hillary and Katelyn are sure to make a guest appearance here and there along this trip. Both will be working in Disney during my trip as a part of the College Program.

Katelyn is one of my closest friends and actually will be cruising with us in a month. Katelyn shares my love (obsession) with all things Disney. This will actually be her second time as a part of the college program.

Hillary will surely pop up here and there. She is Katelyn's college room mate and will be working as a lifeguard at one of the Disney properties. She loves Disney and acts just like the rest of us when it comes to WDW. While we are there it will actually be Hill's birthday so I'm sure a celebration or two will take place.

So this is our crew! Thanks for joining in on the adventure and I hope you continue to stop back and comment often.

Continue to Next Post

The Plan: Basics

Dates:
We will be heading to the world November 20, 2012, spend 6 nights and head back to reality on November 26, 2012.

Resort:
Well we are using all out DVC points for our 2 cruises this year so we needed to go with the most cost effective. So where might that be you ask?

Scrncap2-500x398.jpg

Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
It's my favorite of the All-Star Resorts so it seemed to be the right choice.

Tickets:
7 Day Park Hopper Tickets Plus Dining

Set Plans:
The only set plans we have so far are for November 25.....
mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party.jpg

:santa:Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!!!:santa:
I'm so excited to be going to this and we already have our tickets!

So that's it for right now. More plans will come once Disney officially releases their November schedule and we can plan out our ADRs.

Continued to Next Post

After some research and talking we have put together a itinerary, which is obviously subject to change as we get closer and of course will most likely change while we are there. Nothing ever goes as planned. :rotfl:

Included our ideas regarding ADR ideas. We are trying to try restaurants we have never been to. In fact, 4 of or 6 picks to try for are new to us. We are hoping and praying :worship: that we can get them all.

Tuesday, Nov. 20
Arrive in Orlando early
Spend time at ASMovies
Magic Kingdom for the afternoon/early evening
Chef Mickey's at Contemporary for dinner

Wednesday, Nov. 21
Animal Kingdom for AM EMH
Spend all day in AK
Dinner at Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge

Thursday, Nov. 22 THANKSGIVING
Magic Kingdom AM EMH
Head back to hotel for a relaxing afternoon
Epcot for the evening
Dinner at Le Cellier

Friday, Nov. 23
A shopping day at DTD
Lunch at TRex
Epcot for Illuminations
Epcot PM EMH (Most likely include Drinking around the World for Hill's Bday Celebration)

Saturday, Nov. 24
Hollywood Studios for AM EMH
Early dinner at Mama Melrose
Catch Fantasmic showing

Sunday, Nov. 25
Hollywood Studios to finish up anything that was missed
Magic Kingdom in the evening for MVMCP!!!!:santa:

Monday, Nov. 26
IT'S OUR LAST DAY :worried:
Epcot for breakfast at Akershus :princess:
Any last minute trips to the parks and of course seeing the girls one last time
Late flight back home.

So as of now that is our plan. We can start to make ADRs in 12 days! :cool1:
If you have any other suggestions for dining please make them... We are up for trying anything! That includes Counter Services too. :thumbsup2

Continue to Next Post

Real Life Update

Congrats to Katelyn and Hillary!

Today Katelyn and Hillary graduated from Kutztown University.
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I couldn't be there today to witness it but I couldn't be more happy for them. They both graduated with degrees in Psychology.

Some photos I was sent...

IMG959033.jpg

Katelyn right before entering...

525097_10151721633460381_554450380_24139997_186843608_n.jpg

Katelyn and Hill right after they officially graduated! YAY!!!!!!

.............................................................................................

So, I see there are a decent amount of lurkers out there.
Stop in and say hi. I promise I don't have the ability to come through the computer and bite.... :rotfl:

Continue to Next Post

First off I wanted to share a photo that was taken today.... If you haven't looked at my tracker, I am going on B2B cruises in 25 days with my mom and Katelyn. :banana:Well, Katelyn just got home from school the other day and we went shopping today for some items and often got distracted by things like this.... :rotfl2:

181197_10150853715443528_530538527_9873454_1566541835_n.jpg

........................................................................................

So I've decided to do a list of must do's for me and my mom for each park. Thought it would help pass time and for all of you to learn a little about us and our touring style... which if you don't know is very laid back and relaxed except for the mad dash into the park and to get certain fastpasses. But then again who doesn't do the mad dash for TSM!

Magic Kingdom Must-Do/Wish List

Main Street USA
WDW Railroad: It’s been a long time since we have taken this simple ride. Be nice to sit back and take a ride around the park.
Dapper Dans: I LOVE THEM!

Tomorrowland
Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
Space Mountain:
Haven’t been there since the speed change
Carousel of Progress: I can’t remember the last time I did this ride
Tomorrowland Transit Authority: PeopleMover: While I am not a fan of this ride, I want to catch some new angles for some photos

Fantasyland
EVERYTHING!!!!!:There is nothing in this part of the park I can miss, especially the new expansion and my favorite Peter Pan!

Liberty Square
Hall of Presidents: I know I haven’t been here since President Bush, Sr. was President… long time!
The Haunted Mansion: I can’t wait to see the new line queue

Frontierland
Splash Mountain: It’s my Mom’s favorite so it’s a must-do

Adventureland
Enchanted Tiki Room: I am so excited it’s been changed back to the original. Can’t wait to see it again.
Jungle Cruise
Pirates of the Caribbean

Continue to Next Post

Today is 180 Days till our trip!!!

So you know what that means.... ADR Time!

So I woke up today at 5:45am just to jump on the computer and book some reservations.:surfweb: Anyone who knows me knows that time does not exist to me unless I am getting home from somewhere.

BUT IT'S FOR DISNEY!!!!

ADR Wishlist
Tues., Nov. 20 - Chef Mickey's: 3 Guests at 6pm
Weds., Nov. 21 - Jiko: 3 Guests at 6pm
Thurs., Nov. 22 - Le Cellier: 4 Guest at 6:30pm
Fri., Nov. 23 - TREX: 4 Guests at 2pm
Sat. Nov. 24 - Mama Melrose: 4 Guests at 4pm
Sun. Nov. 25 The Plaza Restaurant: 2 Guests at 5pm
Mon. Nov. 26 - Akershus: 3 Guests at 8am

WELL, did I get them all? :confused3

I did get all within 10 mins of my requested times, except Le Cellier which will now be an earlier dinner, but I can't complain cause I didn't think there would be any availability left since it's Thanksgiving.

I also didn't get TREX, which I am wondering if they just don't do reservations that way. I found it weird that there was no availability for the entire day, which made me think that way.

And you see the number of guest change on most days because Katelyn is planning on taking off the week we are there if it is possible, and if not she will try to join us for as much as she can. So including her in our count for dining only made sense. I mean it takes 2 secs to call and let them know she will not be making it for our meal.

But if you noticed there are days that there are 4 of us. And while I mentioned that Hillary may make an appearance here and there, the 4th guest is not her..... ?????? You'll have to check back to see who the surprise guest is going to be. :yay:

Continue to Next Post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter