All I want for Christmas...

di17090

I love Mickey & Tink!!
is my first camping trip to FW. I've been to DW so many times I can't remember. And I've stayed in almost every type of resort except for FW.

After battling an illness this winter/spring, more than likely I won't have any vacation this year. So, I told my DD all I want for Christmas is a camping trip to FW, preferably the beginning February. She's already campaigning with her Dad. We have a fifth-wheel camper that's just itching to get out of PA and head down the highway. My DH isn't a big fan of DW like DD and me. It would be nice for us to have our camper so he can do his own thing.

Since she's trying to con him into doing this as a gift, we need as much help as possible. We have a 30ft with two slide-outs. Can anyone recommend which loop (site) would be good for us (from past experience). We know absolutely nothing about the campground as far as the camping sites. I've been reading this forum for the last week and have found lots of good info.

The other question, I saw the preferred sites have cable. Does anyone use a satellite dish when camping there? I wasn't sure about reception with the trees.

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated. If you would like to e-mail me, I've recently changed my address. You can send me a message at goburt@pa.net. Any info is greatly appreciated

Thanks so much for all of your help!!!!!!:p

Sorry, I can't answer your questions but I can applaud your choice of FW. We've stayed at quite a few Disney Resorts and FW is our favorite!

Have a great trip!

Saw many with a satellite dish, we just have an antenna and got several local channels perfectly clear.

I hope you are able to make that trip, February is a nice time to come.

hope you can make the trip, we have a 30 ft with one slide and we had some problems we had to move sites in order to make things work. but they were really good about moving us to a site that the trees and the electrical unit were perfect.

My husband is an out doors person not really a park fan, and there is plenty to do at the campground. fishing, biking, just relaxing...

good luck to you...

You really have two options for sites:

Full (Electric, Water & Sewer) These loops are located in the center of the campground. I would recommend 1200 or 1300. They are close to the trading post & pool area.

Preferred (Water, Electric Sewer & Cable) They tend to be towards the back of the campground. I suggest 400 loop. 1400 is right next to the campfire area as well.

You will find FW unlike any campground you have visited. Your husband will love it. There is so much to do there and I know many people who stay at FW and never set foot in a park. They just enjoy all the amenities of the campground.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter