CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

What about a 2 bedroom suite?
We are looking at this option, and for our dates at least the two bedroom suite is currently significantly more expensive than a family suite plus a regular room. even two family suites is about $50/night less than the two bedroom.

If connecting isn't possible our group would probably be fine with just two rooms nearby, and use the living space of the family suite to hang out when needed--but connecting certainly would be ideal.

as someone who hasn't been to universal in 25-ish years (I'm pretty sure I went on a school trip sometime shortly after it opened?)--what is traffic like from this area to other parts of Orlando? Specifically, if we stay here while my husband has a conference at the convention center, what would his drive time be like? We're looking at mid-March, so busy spring break season, which I understand adds to the traffic considerably. Trying to decide where to stay to minimize his daily commute but also keep the rest of our group close to some fun!

I hope it is okay to post this question here - we were thinking of having some groceries sent to the resort for us from Amazon - is that allowed? TIA!

I am thinking of staying three or four nights at Cabana Bay in August. I do have a couple of quick questions:

Can you use the pools at the other Universal hotels? We've been able to do that when we stayed at the RP before but not sure it is allowed here...
Which rooms are nicest? Are the suites worth paying more for?

I am thinking of staying three or four nights at Cabana Bay in August. I do have a couple of quick questions:

Can you use the pools at the other Universal hotels? We've been able to do that when we stayed at the RP before but not sure it is allowed here...
yes

Which rooms are nicest? Are the suites worth paying more for?

Pool hopping is allowed.
Tower family suites are worth the extra. The space and kitchenette are really nice to have. I don’t like exterior corridors so I didn’t consider those rooms.

Hi! Does anyone know if there is a good place to go running around Cabana Bay? I would prefer not to have to use the "dreadmill" if at all possible! Just need someplace flat and safe.

TIA!

Hi! Does anyone know if there is a good place to go running around Cabana Bay? I would prefer not to have to use the "dreadmill" if at all possible! Just need someplace flat and safe.

TIA!

I don't think there is anything right at CBBR, but you could probably use the walkway to City walk if you are early before people start heading to the parks. It's not entirely flat, there is a ramp up to the bridge over the road, but after you get past Sapphire Falls it levels out.

I don't think there is anything right at CBBR, but you could probably use the walkway to City walk if you are early before people start heading to the parks. It's not entirely flat, there is a ramp up to the bridge over the road, but after you get past Sapphire Falls it levels out.

Hi Georgina! Yes, I usually try to get my run in around 6:30am. Can't imagine that there will be too many people out and about at that time, plus I want to beat the heat! I will try that walkway, it sounds like it will be fine.

Thanks!

Hi Georgina! Yes, I usually try to get my run in around 6:30am. Can't imagine that there will be too many people out and about at that time, plus I want to beat the heat! I will try that walkway, it sounds like it will be fine.

Thanks!

I know RPR and PBH used to give out maps of the route for joggers.......I thought someone posted it here once......maybe not.

But, ask the hotel if they have such a route printed off they give out :thumbsup2

I have just made bookings for a Land and Sea trip... We will have a short stay in Universal Orlando Cabana Bay Beach before the cruise. :)

Very excited.

A bit disappointed to see that the Express Pass is not included with the stay like the other hotels... (However, we did not want to spend as much on this stay as we did the last time on hotel rooms and we really wanted to try Cabana Bay!) ...

I can't wait to read this thread! :D

Thanks for the input so far - it seems a family suite would be best. However, I am still undecided... There is a choice between courtyard, courtyard pool, tower, and tower pool-side. I have looked at the map etc. but it is hard to imagine.

However, maybe someone can give advice on what I am looking for:
I would prefer the room to be bright/sunny if possible (last time we stayed at RPR it seemed really damp/moldy/darkish)

We are probably not doing any parks but plan to enjoy Citwalk, the different pools, International Drive etc.

Given the above, what would you recommend (or is there little difference so the cheapest option would make sense)?

Thanks for the input so far - it seems a family suite would be best. However, I am still undecided... There is a choice between courtyard, courtyard pool, tower, and tower pool-side. I have looked at the map etc. but it is hard to imagine.

However, maybe someone can give advice on what I am looking for:
I would prefer the room to be bright/sunny if possible (last time we stayed at RPR it seemed really damp/moldy/darkish)

We are probably not doing any parks but plan to enjoy Citwalk, the different pools, International Drive etc.

Given the above, what would you recommend (or is there little difference so the cheapest option would make sense)?
I’m still all in on a poolside tower room. Night 1 of our stay we didn’t have a poolside room and it just didn’t feel like vacation looking at a parking lot. The room felt light and airy.

I’m still all in on a poolside tower room. Night 1 of our stay we didn’t have a poolside room and it just didn’t feel like vacation looking at a parking lot. The room felt light and airy.

I am tending to the poolside rooms as well. Generally, I don't much care about the room and get the cheapest I can but as we won't do the Universal parks and have a bunch of Disney park days before, I think we might chill a bit more in the room than normal.

Still, how do the courtyard pool suites compare to the ones in the tower? Is there any difference other than location (which would be better) and inside corridors?

Good tips guys, following some of your comments, I decided to switch from Standard to Poolside!

Can we walk from Cabana Bay to City Walk? My husband and I used to walk from Royal Pacific to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!