CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

We stayed at Cabana Bay last November/December and had some (alcoholic) drinks by the pool. So we ended up with the lidded cups with straws that got you a discount if/when you bought your next pool drink...

Aren't those great!?! I don't know about refills on subsequent trips, but I used them for my water at home almost every day. They keep it cool in the car much longer than my other ones!

Does Cabana Bay put holds on your credit card?

I booked with booking.com. Paid $200 ish to reserve my rooms.

My "due" at the hotel was signifantly less than the pending charge on my Amex. By several hundred dollars.
I just got back. On check in, I had to ask about charging privileges to the room; no hold was put on my credit card. I was able to specify an amount for the charging privileges.

How/when do you make a room request? I will be traveling with my mom in November - we have a standard room, which I believe are in Americana and Continental buildings? I'd like to request to be as close to dining/shuttle bus as possible, as she has issues walking. Do I call the main 407- number and how far in advance? I understand there are no guarantees, I'd just like to put in the request in case it's possible. TIA!
I emailed customerservice@cabanabayorlando.com about a week before check in with my request. I got an email back acknowledging my request a few days later. On check in, I got exactly what I requested.

We stayed at CB this past February and it was amazing! We had just come from Pop Century (7 nights) and as soon as we walked into the lobby, we just felt aaahhhh. Like adults again LOL

This might have been asked already but...

Where is the private entrance to VB located? We didn't really have time last trip to explore the resort like we wanted to and we didn't go to VB.

We stayed at CB this past February and it was amazing! We had just come from Pop Century (7 nights) and as soon as we walked into the lobby, we just felt aaahhhh. Like adults again LOL

This might have been asked already but...

Where is the private entrance to VB located? We didn't really have time last trip to explore the resort like we wanted to and we didn't go to VB.
In the back of the resort, past the new towers.

Well we did it. Made our reservation for Nov 27-Dec 7. Will be our second time at Cabana Bay. Loved it so much last year were coming back. Really looking forward to it. Courtyard poolside family suite. What worked for us last time. Hoping for just as good, or better, this time with our experience. Was our first Universal vacation last time. Hoping to fit in stuff we missed or didn’t have time to do last year. Volcano Bay, Grinchmas, Jurassic Park and the Hogwarts project show are at the top of the list.

But where at volcano bay do you enter...the main entrance? Is there another just for cabana bay guests? They make it sound like guests wouldn't have to battle the main entrance with the rest of the onsite guests.

There is a separate entrance and security line, but then you go through the main ticket entrance. If you go for early entry there really isn't a battle for entrance.

Well we did it. Made our reservation for Nov 27-Dec 7. Will be our second time at Cabana Bay. Loved it so much last year were coming back. Really looking forward to it. Courtyard poolside family suite. What worked for us last time. Hoping for just as good, or better, this time with our experience. Was our first Universal vacation last time. Hoping to fit in stuff we missed or didn’t have time to do last year. Volcano Bay, Grinchmas, Jurassic Park and the Hogwarts project show are at the top of the list.

Hope you have a fabulous time there!!!!

hi, we have just booked cabana bay for new years eve and wondered if they do anything special for NYE, thank you

I have a few hotel questions.

So you can bring your own inner tubes for the lazy river, will they help you blow them up if you bring your own?

Also, if I want to do a Garden Grocer or Amazon prime delivery, will I be charged for that by the hotel?

So you can bring your own inner tubes for the lazy river, will they help you blow them up if you bring your own?

Also, if I want to do a Garden Grocer or Amazon prime delivery, will I be charged for that by the hotel?

Yes, they will inflate your tubes. Not sure about the delivery.

Amazon Prime Now , Garden Grocer , Insta cart etc.... has you meet them in the lobby at Cabana Bay because they don’t have a full Bell Service. So the resort doesn’t charge a fee because it doesn’t provide any receiving of packages per say. The deluxe hotels have a full bell services that accepts deliveries. I’ve never been charged a fee and tip when they deliver it to the room.

We will be staying at CB in January. How heated are the pools in the winter? I should note we're Minnesotans so have a fairly high tolerance for cold weather.

We will be staying at Cabana Bay for the first time Nov 26-28. It’s our first time at Universal as well. Can’t wait!

What time do the buses start running prior to early entry?

Last edited:
Can anyone comment on just how out of the way the Cabana Bay walking path to sapphire falls is? We'd like to walk the safe way, but I'm curious how much time the walk actually takes if you're starting at the courtyard walkpath side. I can't get a good idea from pictures where the path takes you on the sapphire falls property. We will be traveling with older/special needs people so I'd rather not risk them getting hit by cars via the shortcut just for a boat ride.

Thanks!

Can anyone comment on just how out of the way the Cabana Bay walking path to sapphire falls is? We'd like to walk the safe way, but I'm curious how much time the walk actually takes if you're starting at the courtyard walkpath side. I can't get a good idea from pictures where the path takes you on the sapphire falls property. We will be traveling with older/special needs people so I'd rather not risk them getting hit by cars via the shortcut just for a boat ride.

Thanks!

It isn't that bad, you just have to walk almost out to the main road (Hollywood Way), cross the pedestrian bridge and then there is a path that will take you directly to each hotel.

Hooray! I just booked our stay at CB for our mid-December long weekend. We're surprising our girls with Hogwarts letters the night before and will be arriving late afternoon on Thursday. This is the first Uni visit for DH and DDs. I've only been with a group of high school students about 6 years ago when I chaperoned a senior trip, and then it was only a day. This Uni-only vacation will be a first for all of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter