CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Gah, we're arriving at Sanford Airport at 11:38 PM, so I'm sure we won't be to Cabana Bay until 1 AM. Sure hope they don't give our room away!

Call the hotel the day you are flying out and tell them your flight does not land at Sanford until close to midnight

You will be checking in after midnight

Let them be aware so your room is held

Where can I find a map of Cabana Bay? We stayed there last year but the room types seem different now. I'm looking at the Family Suites and I'm wondering which buildings have the rooms with interior entry? We stayed in a Courtyard suite last time that was in Castaway so I know that was exterior entry. And I can't decide if a room closer to the walking path to Sapphire Falls or closer to Volcano Bay would be better. There's five of us going and my kids, 15, 12, and 10 love Volcano Bay. But we also stayed at Portofino before and loved taking the boat....

Room request question. We are going during our April vacation (Wed-Sun leaving Easter day in the evening): me, DH, DD16, DS14. We have the buy 2 get 2 park to park ticket promotion and planning on taking advantage of the early admission every morning. I'm thinking that a return to the hotel and some laps around the lazy river in the afternoons during peak crowds will be highly likely. Has anyone requested or stayed in rooms near the lazy river entrance? Are they busy/noisy?

Where can I find a map of Cabana Bay? We stayed there last year but the room types seem different now. I'm looking at the Family Suites and I'm wondering which buildings have the rooms with interior entry? We stayed in a Courtyard suite last time that was in Castaway so I know that was exterior entry. And I can't decide if a room closer to the walking path to Sapphire Falls or closer to Volcano Bay would be better. There's five of us going and my kids, 15, 12, and 10 love Volcano Bay. But we also stayed at Portofino before and loved taking the boat....

Interior entry are the buildings closer to VB: Americana and Continental.

I think I'm going to book a family suite with interior entry. Do the pool side suites only include views of the area leading up to the pool? Or does it also include rooms with views of the actual pool or lazy river?

I called Cabana Bay this morning and let them know we'd be in a O Dark Thirty on Monday morning (for a Sunday reservation) and they promised to hold a room for us. We have a Pool View room booked, and I asked if we could be in building 4 or 5 (based on recommendations from this board), and if we could be at one end or the other, so I could zip down to a smoking spot. I said we'd be even more chuffed if we could be at the lobby end, but would take the opposite building end if it was closer to an area I'm likely to haunt several times a day.

They were super nice!

I think I'm going to book a family suite with interior entry. Do the pool side suites only include views of the area leading up to the pool? Or does it also include rooms with views of the actual pool or lazy river?

We were graciously upgraded to one of these rooms and had a great view of the pool and lazy river. I believe it was room 4654 in Continental, nice view but a few minute walk to the lobby!

(Not complaining, the resort is LARGE in general)

We would like to stay ground floor in the Americana building.
Does anyone know what the majority of room categories are on the ground floor in this building?

I would like to book the room category that would increase my odds of getting my request.

Thanks!

We would like to stay ground floor in the Americana building.
Does anyone know what the majority of room categories are on the ground floor in this building?

I would like to book the room category that would increase my odds of getting my request.

Thanks!

I stayed on the ground floor in this building this past summer. I was in a family suite and it was ground floor in the corner. I believe the standard room will have rooms on that floor as well. Honestly, I call Cabana Bay directly when I have questions. The resort has always been helpful and you can get exactly what you need. We love Cabana bay it is a great resort! If you are going to call do a look up of Universals Cabana Bay and get the direct number don't go through Universal. Have a great trip!

Just booked for a 3 night stay to surprise our girls, couldn’t beat the spring offer!
We booked a family suite exterior entry poolside — does that narrow down which buildings we’ll be in? I think I may email to request a room near the resort walking trail (Is that the right terminology for the trail that takes you passed SF and to the parks?)
TIA

Just booked for a 3 night stay to surprise our girls, couldn’t beat the spring offer!
We booked a family suite exterior entry poolside — does that narrow down which buildings we’ll be in? I think I may email to request a room near the resort walking trail (Is that the right terminology for the trail that takes you passed SF and to the parks?)
TIA

We haven't been yet but I have been researching for our upcoming trip.

The family suite exterior entry poolside rooms puts you in either the Castaway, Thunderbird or Starlight builldings.

From what I have read, the Castaway building is closest to the walking path to SF, RPR and the parks. The next closest building would be Thunderbird.

We haven't been yet but I have been researching for our upcoming trip.

The family suite exterior entry poolside rooms puts you in either the Castaway, Thunderbird or Starlight builldings.

From what I have read, the Castaway building is closest to the walking path to SF, RPR and the parks. The next closest building would be Thunderbird.
Fantastic! Thank you not sure if I'll bother to make a request then looks like we'll at least be on the correct side of the resort! :-)

Is the music at the pools really loud? I just watched a youtube video and the person filming was outside up on the fourth floor and the music on the video was so loud coming from the pool - I can't imagine trying to relax and float in the pool with that music that loud. Is it loud at all the pools? It was blaring Miley Cyrus which is annoying to begin with! I don't think you would be able to hear the person next to you! Please tell me it's really not that loud? Regretting my choice now....I want to relax at the pool!

Is the music at the pools really loud? I just watched a youtube video and the person filming was outside up on the fourth floor and the music on the video was so loud coming from the pool - I can't imagine trying to relax and float in the pool with that music that loud. Is it loud at all the pools? It was blaring Miley Cyrus which is annoying to begin with! I don't think you would be able to hear the person next to you! Please tell me it's really not that loud? Regretting my choice now....I want to relax at the pool!
I didn’t notice the music being loud at all when we were there. But with that being said I also wouldn’t say Cabana Bay is going to be that “relaxing” of an atmosphere if that’s what you are looking for. There are a lot of families with small children at Cabana Bay so it is very upbeat and can be loud. You may want to look into Portofino Bay if you are wanting a more serene atmosphere.

I didn’t notice the music being loud at all when we were there. But with that being said I also wouldn’t say Cabana Bay is going to be that “relaxing” of an atmosphere if that’s what you are looking for. There are a lot of families with small children at Cabana Bay so it is very upbeat and can be loud. You may want to look into Portofino Bay if you are wanting a more serene atmosphere.

Thanks. I'm not worried about families/children noise since we are family with an 8 year old. Maybe it was just that particular video I watched where the music seemed really loud you could barely hear the guy "narrating". I don't mind music being played just seemed extra loud. But that's good you didn't notice it being extra loud - thank you for responding!

Believe it or not I did do a search, but my wording must be off. I'd like to call and pre-pay our remaining balance, just so I know it's paid when we get down there. Do I call? email? I asked when I rebooked when they released the AP rates but the guy on the phone was just really rude and I didn't want to keep asking questions knowing I couldn't do anything about it at the time.

I know that they sell smore kit's in Bayline Diner which includes the stick but for the price of them, it would be cheaper to bring our own items other than the sticks. I know the kits include the sticks but can you purchase just the sticks by themselves? If so, does anyone know how much they are?

Do you know if the TV's are smart TV's? Can you sign into Netflix? Or, do you know if the TVs have a port where I can plug in a firestick? thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!