All Resorts booked Feb 7-10?

muppetmom

Sporadic member of disboards since before it was d
I'm trying to book a room for 2 people (my husband and myself) for the weekend of Feb. 7-10. The Disney.com website says there are no rooms available in any resort for those dates? Is it a glitch in the system? Or, is there something crazy going on that weekend? Normally I plan years or at least 6 months in advance, but this was just going to be a fun quick weekend.

Thanks in advance!
Muppetmom

Usually cheerleading and dance competitions. We were there the 2 - 9th last year and that was the case for us. We had a Standard room booked at CBR and they bumped us to Preferred because they were overbooked.

Yes, it is very short notice. I am just surprised that the entire resort is sold out along with the swan and dolphin and other "partner" hotels.

It's cheer and baton twirling championships. All resorts have been sold out since November. I was trying to book a room for this weekend the first week in November and couldn't but got a room at the Swan. Then, 2 hours later, I just happened to go online for a second and there was 1 room at AOA for the weekend. I grabbed it and cancelled the Swan. I have checked every other day since then, just in case a moderate opened up and nothing. Cheer weekend is no joke.

Thank you! At least I am not crazy....although I am sorry you haven't been able to find a moderate either. Are the parks crazy crowded during the day? When my daughter did cheer they were never in the league of going to WDW so I don't know the schedule. Back in the day, the competitions were all day for several days and we sat through it all.
Thanks!

I see grand Floridian and riviera available those dates. Not cheap of course because it’s last minute.

Thank you! At least I am not crazy....although I am sorry you haven't been able to find a moderate either. Are the parks crazy crowded during the day? When my daughter did cheer they were never in the league of going to WDW so I don't know the schedule. Back in the day, the competitions were all day for several days and we sat through it all.
Thanks!

No more than normal. Resort occupancy has very little affect on park crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!