All Star Movies Renovations

I will be staying at Movies from October 30th till November 5th. I called a few weeks back and requested a Toy Story room (toy story is our favorite) but we definitely want a renovated room. I know Toy Story renovations have been completed, but am i better off requesting a renovated room as opposed to a toy story room? What are the chances that i would actually end up in a Toy Story room if requested? I guess what i am wondering is am i more likely to get a toy story room upon request, or a renovated room upon request?

I will be staying at Movies from October 30th till November 5th. I called a few weeks back and requested a Toy Story room (toy story is our favorite) but we definitely want a renovated room. I know Toy Story renovations have been completed, but am i better off requesting a renovated room as opposed to a toy story room? What are the chances that i would actually end up in a Toy Story room if requested? I guess what i am wondering is am i more likely to get a toy story room upon request, or a renovated room upon request?
Hmm that’s kind of a tough one because it all depends on what their occupancy numbers are and what requests other people are putting. You would have a better chance at getting a renovated room if you just put that since one Fantasia building is also done. However, if you really want the toy story section I would just put that. If you don’t get what you want make sure you go to the front desk and ask if they can move you.

Do you expect all rooms to be done by January? thinking of a short trip mid-Jan. and would definitely want renovated. If not here... then I'd book Pop to be sure to get a renovated room. thanks

Do you expect all rooms to be done by January? thinking of a short trip mid-Jan. and would definitely want renovated. If not here... then I'd book Pop to be sure to get a renovated room. thanks

The refurbishment is planned to be completed by February. As mentioned, ask at the desk to see what is available if you don't get a refurbished room.

As the PP said, they are supposed to be all done in February but I’m not sure that will actually happen. I personally think they might be behind schedule. If you absolutely want a renovated room I would just switch to pop.

I checked in yesterday morning, but had to wait for my room to mid afternoon. I booked standard and am in a renovated room in Love Bug, building 6. I am might have some free time until Sunday, so I will try to look around and see what I can see.

I checked in yesterday morning, but had to wait for my room to mid afternoon. I booked standard and am in a renovated room in Love Bug, building 6. I am might have some free time until Sunday, so I will try to look around and see what I can see.
Thank you that would be great! I hope you like the new rooms.

As the PP said, they are supposed to be all done in February but I’m not sure that will actually happen. I personally think they might be behind schedule. If you absolutely want a renovated room I would just switch to pop.
I also think they wont have finished by February. It has been almost 7 months since they started Movies and they have not yet completed 5 buildings so with 5 still to go it will most likely be April/May before the resort is completed unless they get additional building teams on the work.

Will you let us know if they have the Halloween mugs in the food court? With 11 days to go I’m not too hopeful they’ll still be around when I check in lol

I booked a trip for the end of January and got an email stating that they would be doing a room refurbishment during our visit. So I don't think they plan to have the entire resort done by the end of January. Of course this was dated July 5, 2018 so maybe they were just covering themselves in case the work wasn't completed by then.
It seems like they are taking a long time to finish the buildings they started awhile ago.

Will you let us know if they have the Halloween mugs in the food court? With 11 days to go I’m not too hopeful they’ll still be around when I check in lol

Yes, I saw the Halloween mugs, both in the gift shop and with the other mugs near the food. I will keep watch on them.

I am chilling tonight, so I did a walking tour of building 6. It looks complete. I see no construction equipment or open curtains like I did at POP when they were working on them.

I stopped by the front desk and was told building 6 is complete. I had asked if they would be moving to building 5 and was told they are holding off starting a new on right now. I asked if it was because of Michael, and the CM said he just returned from vacation and wasn’t sure yet. I will ask again in a few days.

The rooms are nice. I personally wish they had added some more color to the walls. I did notice that ASMovies has all white walls, POP has some color, but still not enough or matching enough IMHO. It has been mentioned, but the biggest thing I miss is the extra bar that pulls out outside the closet at POP. I have a hanging toiletries bag and it fit perfectly there and kept the counter clear.

They were testing the fire alarms today from 11am-3pm. I had slept late and thankfully was heading to the pool before this started. I once was at POP when a bunch of teens pulled the alarm at 3:00am. It took a few years off my life I’m sure!

Thanks for the update! Also wondering what buiding is next.... thanks for taking the time :)

I am chilling tonight, so I did a walking tour of building 6. It looks complete. I see no construction equipment or open curtains like I did at POP when they were working on them.

I stopped by the front desk and was told building 6 is complete. I had asked if they would be moving to building 5 and was told they are holding off starting a new on right now. I asked if it was because of Michael, and the CM said he just returned from vacation and wasn’t sure yet. I will ask again in a few days.

The rooms are nice. I personally wish they had added some more color to the walls. I did notice that ASMovies has all white walls, POP has some color, but still not enough or matching enough IMHO. It has been mentioned, but the biggest thing I miss is the extra bar that pulls out outside the closet at POP. I have a hanging toiletries bag and it fit perfectly there and kept the counter clear.

They were testing the fire alarms today from 11am-3pm. I had slept late and thankfully was heading to the pool before this started. I once was at POP when a bunch of teens pulled the alarm at 3:00am. It took a few years off my life I’m sure!
Thank you so much for checking on the progress! I'll update post #1 about building 6. I wonder when they will start work on the Fantasia building?

Looks like both Love Bug buildings took about the same time to complete.

Thanks - really appreciate the update. Surprised they havent moved on to Building 5 as I am sure most guests will prefer or request a renovated room and if room prices are the same for renovated as unrenovated, there will definitely be some disappointed guests.

Nothing new to report today. I did hear jack hammers off the end of my building (#6) yesterday. I was heading to the parks, so I didn’t go check it out. I will swing by today and see if it is anything to report. My BFF arrives today, so I will be at the check in desk again, so I will see if I can find out more.

I booked a trip for the end of January and got an email stating that they would be doing a room refurbishment during our visit. So I don't think they plan to have the entire resort done by the end of January. Of course this was dated July 5, 2018 so maybe they were just covering themselves in case the work wasn't completed by then.
It seems like they are taking a long time to finish the buildings they started awhile ago.
So.... it looks like I might be taking chances with preferred rooms for January?! Only about half the preferred buildings are done as of now, right?
Might look at Pop instead. Thanks!

So.... it looks like I might be taking chances with preferred rooms for January?! Only about half the preferred buildings are done as of now, right?
Might look at Pop instead. Thanks!
I think by January your chances would still be decent with a preferred room, but if it’s really important for you to get a renovated room you could switch to pop.

I think by January your chances would still be decent with a preferred room, but if it’s really important for you to get a renovated room you could switch to pop.
Thanks for the input! it's still up in the air. Going with Pop would only be an additional $70.... but $70 would pay for a few meals?! :goodvibes

Thanks for the input! it's still up in the air. Going with Pop would only be an additional $70.... but $70 would pay for a few meals?! :goodvibes

Is it only $70 more to stay at POP or $70 per night extra? If only $70, I would stay at POP and opt out of housekeeping. POP is my second home, but wasn’t available when I booked this trip. My biggest annoyance here has been the buses. They do not run on time, despite what the app or bus schedule screen says. I have many buses show up 15+ mins later than the expected time. The All Stars are further out, so the bus rides seem to take forever, which is hard at night when they are packed. POP is more centrally located.

No updates from here now. No new construction noted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter