All Star Movies Renovations

Is it only $70 more to stay at POP or $70 per night extra? If only $70, I would stay at POP and opt out of housekeeping. POP is my second home, but wasn’t available when I booked this trip. My biggest annoyance here has been the buses. They do not run on time, despite what the app or bus schedule screen says. I have many buses show up 15+ mins later than the expected time. The All Stars are further out, so the bus rides seem to take forever, which is hard at night when they are packed. POP is more centrally located.

No updates from here now. No new construction noted.
Only $70 total difference.
We've had issues with buses at CSR worse than All Stars. I've come to the conclusion that Disney doesn't care! Because the worse the buses are, the more people will choose to pay for the use of the Minnie Vans! They invested a good amount in that, so that's the new face of transportation!
I expect the buses to run less often and crammed full! Which is so frustrating!!! But that's another thread! haha.

Only $70 total difference.
We've had issues with buses at CSR worse than All Stars. I've come to the conclusion that Disney doesn't care! Because the worse the buses are, the more people will choose to pay for the use of the Minnie Vans! They invested a good amount in that, so that's the new face of transportation!
I expect the buses to run less often and crammed full! Which is so frustrating!!! But that's another thread! haha.

I would definitely stay at POP for only a $70 difference! Buses were a little better today going to the parks, aka on time as stated, but coming back last night we shared a bus which was packed. Tonight from HS we had our own bus.

No new constructions seen yet.

Many Halloween mugs noted in gift shop tonight.

Ice cream bar (pay by the ounce @ .75 an ounce) is out every night. POP does not have this. I opted for the brownie sundae, so I can’t say anything else about it.

I hope to swing by the front desk and ask about the next start date before I leave on Thursday.

I would definitely stay at POP for only a $70 difference! Buses were a little better today going to the parks, aka on time as stated, but coming back last night we shared a bus which was packed. Tonight from HS we had our own bus.

Ice cream bar (pay by the ounce @ .75 an ounce) is out every night. POP does not have this. I opted for the brownie sundae, so I can’t say anything else about it.

I hope to swing by the front desk and ask about the next start date before I leave on Thursday.

Maybe they have held off starting on Fantasia over the Halloween period to keep as many rooms up and running as possible (is this one of the busiest times for Disney ?) and will get back to work through November and the run up to Christmas before another busy period. Just trying to think of a good reason why works have not progressed. Looking forward to your update after Thursday. Enjoy what remains of your vacation.

I'm hoping it moves a long quickly. I have a family Suite booked in Movies for June and I'm hoping there is the possibility of a renovated room. The ones in POP and Movies are nice, I've stayed in both.

Maybe they have held off starting on Fantasia over the Halloween period to keep as many rooms up and running as possible (is this one of the busiest times for Disney ?) and will get back to work through November and the run up to Christmas before another busy period. Just trying to think of a good reason why works have not progressed. Looking forward to your update after Thursday. Enjoy what remains of your vacation.
They ran out of money with the Fox deal! :confused3 Now they have to wait for some cash flow from the ticket increase today!! haha!! :confused3

I'm hoping it moves a long quickly. I have a family Suite booked in Movies for June and I'm hoping there is the possibility of a renovated room. The ones in POP and Movies are nice, I've stayed in both.
I didn't think that Movies had Family Suites - is this something new??

Did you mean music?

Hi poohbear8 - did you manage to get any updates from the Front Desk before you left?

We are 40 minutes away from all star movies! We left this afternoon driving down from north west florida. I'm so excited and ready to check in! We booked preferred like we always do and am hoping to get a refurbished room. Also hoping to get the Halloween mugs! I'll try to keep an eye on resort progress and keep yall posted.

We are 40 minutes away from all star movies! We left this afternoon driving down from north west florida. I'm so excited and ready to check in! We booked preferred like we always do and am hoping to get a refurbished room. Also hoping to get the Halloween mugs! I'll try to keep an eye on resort progress and keep yall posted.
That would be great, thanks! Have a fun trip!

We like the new rooms! Feels more bright and spacious. Yes the decor is a little less Disney but there are still Disney touches. I just asked a cm putting out cups if he had Halloween ones and he stated that they are sold out Disney wide!! Can that be true?!?! He said they won't get any more. If that's true it really stinks. I see people with them and they are cute! I'm gonna keep looking and asking tomorrow (and I'll ask people who have them when they got them). I'm too tired to investigate tonight

We like the new rooms! Feels more bright and spacious. Yes the decor is a little less Disney but there are still Disney touches. I just asked a cm putting out cups if he had Halloween ones and he stated that they are sold out Disney wide!! Can that be true?!?! He said they won't get any more. If that's true it really stinks. I see people with them and they are cute! I'm gonna keep looking and asking tomorrow (and I'll ask people who have them when they got them). I'm too tired to investigate tonight
I wouldn’t take anything a cm says to heart. Someone else said today that their cm told them they won’t get any until Halloween. I’m not planning on getting one for our trip but if I do it’ll be a nice surprise. I’m glad you like the new rooms! If you get the chance, can you please check if work has started at the other Fantasia building?

I will try to scope out fantasia tomorrow.

One thing. ... as a short girl (5 feet tall) I'm not loving the shower heads now... by the time the water reaches me I've lost valuable water pressure and it took forever to wash my hair! The water pressure isn't super strong to begin with (it use to be before the new shower heads) but after it falls all the way down to me it took a long time to wet hair, shampoo, rinse, condition and rinse.. I know it's and trivial thing but that about the only thing I don't love about the new rooms

I will try to scope out fantasia tomorrow.

One thing. ... as a short girl (5 feet tall) I'm not loving the shower heads now... by the time the water reaches me I've lost valuable water pressure and it took forever to wash my hair! The water pressure isn't super strong to begin with (it use to be before the new shower heads) but after it falls all the way down to me it took a long time to wet hair, shampoo, rinse, condition and rinse.. I know it's and trivial thing but that about the only thing I don't love about the new rooms
Do you have two shower heads or just the rain shower head?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!