All Star Movies Renovations

I'm back from our trip and it was awesome (I'm an engaged person now, whoo hoo)! When we got down there, our online check in hadn't processed so we had to go to the front desk. They gave us Mighty Ducks, but I asked if we could be moved to Love Bug (that's what I had put for online check in). They moved us no problem and I'm glad they had, loved the refurb room!

We were on the backside of one of the buildings and it was super quiet the whole time, aside from the night before we left when people were stomping around in the room above us and flushing toilets every few minutes :(. It was cheerleader check in time too so I'm chalking it up to that lol.
Congratulations on your engagement

So, i wanted to book a standard room at Movies for last week in August. Now, 2nd guessing, since rennovations on hold so long.

Any guesses on when it will be completed 100% there?

Were at Pop while it was being refurbed, noisier than expected and surprised at the extent of visual construction. Killed the vibe for us.

So, i wanted to book a standard room at Movies for last week in August. Now, 2nd guessing, since rennovations on hold so long.

Any guesses on when it will be completed 100% there?

Since the refurb has been halted and no word on when it will start up again, it's impossible to say. Once they start back up, we'll at least be able to make an educated guess.

Since the refurb has been halted and no word on when it will start up again, it's impossible to say. Once they start back up, we'll at least be able to make an educated guess.

Sounds about right, thanks.

My understanding music is next, then sports. Thinking either probably a safer bet to avoid construction.

So, I had two interesting calls with Disney. I called them to add a request to a renovated room on my reservation for the end of April. Both Disney agents were 100% sure that none of the rooms at ASM had been renovated so they could not add the request since no renovated rooms exist. I told them about this forum and told them I had seen photos other guest had posted. They both assured me I must be mistaken about the resort and must be seeing photos of Coronado Springs renovated rooms. I did not want to get into an aurgement about whether the rooms were renovated or not. I will try to give them a call about at another time to see if I can get them to add the request, but the it seems that it is still not common knowledge at Disney World about the renovation project, much less when it will resume.

So, I had two interesting calls with Disney. I called them to add a request to a renovated room on my reservation for the end of April. Both Disney agents were 100% sure that none of the rooms at ASM had been renovated so they could not add the request since no renovated rooms exist. I told them about this forum and told them I had seen photos other guest had posted. They both assured me I must be mistaken about the resort and must be seeing photos of Coronado Springs renovated rooms. I did not want to get into an aurgement about whether the rooms were renovated or not. I will try to give them a call about at another time to see if I can get them to add the request, but the it seems that it is still not common knowledge at Disney World about the renovation project, much less when it will resume.

Ugh... I posted a few weeks ago about how I was told by a Disney "travel planner" that the refurb was about 90% complete. I don't understand how Disney doesn't pass accurate information to their cast members who help guests with these exact questions. Such a frustrating situation. I hope you have a more productive phone call next go around.

Reactions: OBJ

Unfortunately, this is the norm instead of the exception. Phone CMs are the last to be informed of refurbs.

So, I’m just revisiting this thread and wanted to get an update. I tried to find the answer but with 44 pages, I figured I’d simply ask.

What buildings are completed or at least partly completed. When did the project get put on hold? Staying there in May in a preferred and debating now if we should switch rob pop

Can I ask what building you were in. I requested connecting rooms through my travel agent. I know they aren’t guaranteed but I was curious where you were. We booked preferred rooms

Can I ask what building you were in. I requested connecting rooms through my travel agent. I know they aren’t guaranteed but I was curious where you were. We booked preferred rooms

I was in Love Bug. The resort has lots of connecting rooms apparently. In addition to having my TA request it I also had a fax sent via Touring plans and called myself and got in touch with a room assigner.

I was in Love Bug. The resort has lots of connecting rooms apparently. In addition to having my TA request it I also had a fax sent via Touring plans and called myself and got in touch with a room assigner.
Thanks for the info. I didn’t think about calling myself but that’s a great idea. One more question then, how far ahead did you call about the connecting rooms?

Thanks for the info. I didn’t think about calling myself but that’s a great idea. One more question then, how far ahead did you call about the connecting rooms?

You can add room requests to your reservation any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

I called a few weeks ago asking about the refurb - we are coming in January 2020. I asked if the refurb would be finished by then, as I wanted a renovated room, but the CM I spoke to said at present they had no time frame, and although I could request a renovated room, this could not be guaranteed. I would guess if they have restarted today they should finish by January, but who knows!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter