All Star Movies Renovations

Thanks to @Haley R for all your work, hope to see some updates after your trip!

One question, I check the first post for updates all the time, and noticed Building 1 is not on the list. Has that been started?

Thanks!

Thanks to @Haley R for all your work, hope to see some updates after your trip!

One question, I check the first post for updates all the time, and noticed Building 1 is not on the list. Has that been started?

Thanks!
We leave tomorrow and I told Dh I forgot to go check the resort out so we’re gonna go before we leave. Hopefully they let us in to park. Whatever is on the first page is accurate as far as we know so that means building one hasn’t been started yet

I didn’t take any pictures but we did check on the construction. Building 1 in the Dalmatians section is closed off with stickers and I saw some rooms on the bottom floor being started with carpet stripped.

The two mighty ducks buildings are still being worked on. Building 3 has one section that looks completely done but the other half is still being worked on. There were people staying in this building in the completed section. The other mighty ducks building looks like it has a lot left.

I didn’t take any pictures but we did check on the construction. Building 1 in the Dalmatians section is closed off with stickers and I saw some rooms on the bottom floor being started with carpet stripped.

The two mighty ducks buildings are still being worked on. Building 3 has one section that looks completely done but the other half is still being worked on. There were people staying in this building in the completed section. The other mighty ducks building looks like it has a lot left.

Thank you so much for taking the time to go and check on the construction!!! That makes me feel a lot better that all of the buildings should be done by the time we go in mid October! Have Preferred booked and was worried that they still had two preferred buildings not even in progress! We always ask for Toy Story and have been very lucky but I know it's far from guaranteed!

Thank you so much for taking the time to go and check on the construction!!! That makes me feel a lot better that all of the buildings should be done by the time we go in mid October! Have Preferred booked and was worried that they still had two preferred buildings not even in progress! We always ask for Toy Story and have been very lucky but I know it's far from guaranteed!
The second Fantasia building still hasn’t been started so hopefully you can ask for either toy story or Dalmatians by October. If not, you could always just put renovated room on your reservation and leave it at that

Alrighty Dis peeps 😊. I’m thinking of an MLK weekend trip. Do we think it’s safe to say it will be done by January?

Thanks!!

Alrighty Dis peeps 😊. I’m thinking of an MLK weekend trip. Do we think it’s safe to say it will be done by January?

Thanks!!
I sure hope so but anything can happen lol. There’s one building that still hasn’t been started. My guess is even if it isn’t done you should have very good odds at a renovated room.

Last edited:

Thanks!!

I would like to think that they’d be done and onto Music by January. I’d still request a refurbished room just in case.

I read in the All star music thread that All Star Music won't start until late 2020 or early 2021. I find that a bit hard to believe though. Unless the manager ment Late 2019 Early 2020

I read in the All star music thread that All Star Music won't start until late 2020 or early 2021. I find that a bit hard to believe though. Unless the manager ment Late 2019 Early 2020
It could be possible if they’re planning to use the crew somewhere else

Following closely since I just got a great deal for Movies Preferred on Priceline. My current requests are 1) connecting rooms, 2) upper floor/quiet, 3) renovated room. I'm willing to risk getting an unrenovated room to avoid being right on top of pool or construction noise. But I'm really hoping Building 1 is finished in time for our August trip.

I tried to look thru this thread, but does anyone know if the preferred rooms have all been refurbished yet? Have a trip planned in November.

Building 10 (Toy Story-Preferred)-Complete/Roughly 64 days (March 23-May 26)
Building 9 (Toy Story-Preferred)-Complete/Roughly 30 days (May 26-June 25)
Building 8 (Fantasia-Preferred)-Complete/Roughly 93 days (May 31-September 1) Obviously this one is an outlier. I'm not sure if it is because I didn't receive any updates or if something happened to cause this building to take a lot longer
Building 7(Love Bug-Standard)-Complete/Roughly 40 days (August 1-September 10)
Building 6 (Love Bug-Standard)-Complete/Roughly 40 days (September 1-October 11)
Building 5 (Fantasia-Preferred)-Not yet started
Building 4 (Dalmatians-Preferred)-Complete/Roughly 57 days (April 4-May 31)
Building 3 (Mighty Ducks-Standard)-In progress (April 29-)
Building 2 (Mighty Ducks-Standard)-In progress (May 30-)
Building 1 (Dalmatians-Preferred)-In progress (June 30-)

This is the current state of the resort with the updates on hand. You can find this in the first post in the thread which Haley updates as soon as someone posts an update from onsite.

This past Monday we booked a preferred room for next week, July 23-28. Should we have received an email about rooms being renovated. Our last stay at Coronado we received such an email. We have never stayed at any of the All Stars. So, I really don’t know what to expect.
I guess I need to look up where the prefer rooms are located.

This past Monday we booked a preferred room for next week, July 23-28. Should we have received an email about rooms being renovated. Our last stay at Coronado we received such an email. We have never stayed at any of the All Stars. So, I really don’t know what to expect.
I guess I need to look up where the prefer rooms are located.
Toy Story (fully renovated), 101 Dalmations (one building renovated, one in progress), and Fantasia (one building renovated, one not) are the preferred sections. I never received an email about the renovations but have been following along here. You can request a renovated room, but there's still a chance you could end up in the unrenovated Fantastia building. The unrenovated rooms are dated, but we never had any objection to them on our past two trips.

Please give us a progress report on the renovations when you get back!! We haven't had any updates in two weeks. (And I'm really hoping Dalmations wraps up before my August trip.)

Toy Story (fully renovated), 101 Dalmations (one building renovated, one in progress), and Fantasia (one building renovated, one not) are the preferred sections. I never received an email about the renovations but have been following along here. You can request a renovated room, but there's still a chance you could end up in the unrenovated Fantastia building. The unrenovated rooms are dated, but we never had any objection to them on our past two trips.

Please give us a progress report on the renovations when you get back!! We haven't had any updates in two weeks. (And I'm really hoping Dalmations wraps up before my August trip.)
We prefer a high floor away from the pool. So, I hope we are able to at least get that.

I will update either during our trip or after.

Thanks for the information.

We prefer a high floor away from the pool. So, I hope we are able to at least get that.

I will update either during our trip or after.

Thanks for the information.
I would probably request toy story then if you want to be away from the pool. Have a fun trip!

I'm considering booking a "last minute" mom/daughter trip for the end of August. Would I have a better chance getting a refurbed room in preferred or standard??

Our dates are booked for late October - early November. I want to stay in Mighty Ducks b/c of its proximity to the AS Music main building, and we have a standard room, not preferred. I also want to stay on the bottom floor and have a renovated room away from the pool, but that seems unlikely since apparently only half of one Mighty Ducks buildings has been completed. I'm interested in others' opinions - would you give up a renovated room to stay closer to the AS Music main building? Or would you prefer to have to walk from a standard room to the AS Movies main building and bus stop but get a renovated room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!