All Star Movies Renovations

I know last year for out Wine and Dine Run-cation we got an email early on about renovations as did I in 2018 when I was staying at POP.... going to Movies again in November for Wine and Dine and no emails so fingers crossed it means as of now things will be done or they will be on a construction hiatus for the Holiday Season

Our dates are booked for late October - early November. I want to stay in Mighty Ducks b/c of its proximity to the AS Music main building, and we have a standard room, not preferred. I also want to stay on the bottom floor and have a renovated room away from the pool, but that seems unlikely since apparently only half of one Mighty Ducks buildings has been completed. I'm interested in others' opinions - would you give up a renovated room to stay closer to the AS Music main building? Or would you prefer to have to walk from a standard room to the AS Movies main building and bus stop but get a renovated room?

Unless the crew gets pulled for other projects, Mighty Ducks should be done by October. That's my favorite building, so I'd wait at least six more weeks before making a request for something else.

Our dates are booked for late October - early November. I want to stay in Mighty Ducks b/c of its proximity to the AS Music main building, and we have a standard room, not preferred. I also want to stay on the bottom floor and have a renovated room away from the pool, but that seems unlikely since apparently only half of one Mighty Ducks buildings has been completed. I'm interested in others' opinions - would you give up a renovated room to stay closer to the AS Music main building? Or would you prefer to have to walk from a standard room to the AS Movies main building and bus stop but get a renovated room?
I agree with the PP and would leave your request as mighty ducks for now. You still have awhile before you need to worry about possibly changing it. To answer your question though, I would 100% pick a further room if it means it’s been renovated

We have a reservation for the end of Sept in a preferred room. It’s just DH and I. Are there Kings? Should I call and ask?

Also. Are the Murphy beds adult sized?

We have a reservation for the end of Sept in a preferred room. It’s just DH and I. Are there Kings? Should I call and ask?

Also. Are the Murphy beds adult sized?
I honestly wouldn’t ask for a king bed. There aren’t very many and you’ll probably want renovated room to be your only request.

The Murphy beds are queen sized and have the exact same mattress as the normal queen beds so they should feel the same.

So with the last update it looks like only one building has yet to be started. I have a preferred room book end of August. I'm guessing my chances of a renovated room are pretty good. When they start a building do they close the whole thing until it's done or do they close a "wing" at a time? I am assuming they'll at least start the last building sometime before I get there. My only real request so far is renovated room, wondering if I should think about a section.

So with the last update it looks like only one building has yet to be started. I have a preferred room book end of August. I'm guessing my chances of a renovated room are pretty good. When they start a building do they close the whole thing until it's done or do they close a "wing" at a time? I am assuming they'll at least start the last building sometime before I get there. My only real request so far is renovated room, wondering if I should think about a section.
It seems like lately they have been closing certain wings at a time. I know there were people staying in the mighty ducks section while it was being worked on

I noticed that Touring Plans haven't updated their bed types in their room view section. Their still listing beds as king or double. Has this has changed for all rooms, changing to queen murphy beds?

I noticed that Touring Plans haven't updated their bed types in their room view section. Their still listing beds as king or double. Has this has changed for all rooms, changing to queen murphy beds?
If the room has been renovated it will have two queen beds, one of them being a Murphy bed. Some of the rooms might still have a king bed but not very many

Yes, I was looking at that last night as I have two nights at Movies (preferred) 8/26 & 8/27. They may be waiting until all is completed??? They seem to get the calendars updated when they send notification of changes.

I could only book preferred option as going at a busy time (mid-October). However, not sure if I should call now and request renovated and make it my only request? Honestly, I would take a renovated standard if that's all they could give me on arrival. I would prefer renovated above all else. Thoughts anyone? Thanks.

I could only book preferred option as going at a busy time (mid-October). However, not sure if I should call now and request renovated and make it my only request? Honestly, I would take a renovated standard if that's all they could give me on arrival. I would prefer renovated above all else. Thoughts anyone? Thanks.
I would call and ask them to please put renovated room as your request and don’t put any other requests on the reservation. If you get there and don’t have a renovated room, it’s worth it to go to the front desk and ask if you can switch rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!