All Star Movies Renovations

I just switched from AoA to ASMu for a one night stay on a Thursday in early September. AP rate saved me $77 but there were no preferred rooms available. I really want a refurb room (as I am sure everyone does). I chose Love Bug section during online check-in. Should I do anything else prior to checking in? Is there a fax number to send room requests for this resort?

I just switched from AoA to ASMu for a one night stay on a Thursday in early September. AP rate saved me $77 but there were no preferred rooms available. I really want a refurb room (as I am sure everyone does). I chose Love Bug section during online check-in. Should I do anything else prior to checking in? Is there a fax number to send room requests for this resort?
I think if you put love bug as your only request you should be okay.

This past Monday we booked a preferred room for next week, July 23-28. Should we have received an email about rooms being renovated. Our last stay at Coronado we received such an email. We have never stayed at any of the All Stars. So, I really don’t know what to expect.
I guess I need to look up where the prefer rooms are located.
@taylor3297 How was the construction coming along during your trip last week?

@taylor3297 How was the construction coming along during your trip last week?

I haven’t stayed there yet, but I called CRO to pay for our Aug 16th reservation at Movies on Thursday. I also asked the CM to put in our request for a renovated room. She said she had just talked to a friend who works at Movies a few days before. The friend said they are almost done & only have 1 building left to work on. So she thought our chances of a reno’d room were good. I know we can’t always count on CRO giving out accurate information, but I am hoping what she said will be accurate.

I haven’t stayed there yet, but I called CRO to pay for our Aug 16th reservation at Movies on Thursday. I also asked the CM to put in our request for a renovated room. She said she had just talked to a friend who works at Movies a few days before. The friend said they are almost done & only have 1 building left to work on. So she thought our chances of a reno’d room were good. I know we can’t always count on CRO giving out accurate information, but I am hoping what she said will be accurate.
I won't change Post #1 quite yet, but I hope that info is correct! If you don't mind, can you let us know how things look when you go?

I won't change Post #1 quite yet, but I hope that info is correct! If you don't mind, can you let us know how things look when you go?

I’ll be happy to, if I actually end up staying there. Rooms opened up at the Swan & I am torn on where to stay now. I’d love the easier access to Studios & Epcot from the Swan, especially for such a short trip. We usually stay at YC, so we love that area & are used to deluxe resorts. On the other hand, the new rooms at Movies sound really nice, the food court breakfasts will suit us better & Movies is half the cost. And my family isn’t helping me decide either way. :mad::rotfl2:

I’ll be happy to, if I actually end up staying there. Rooms opened up at the Swan & I am torn on where to stay now. I’d love the easier access to Studios & Epcot from the Swan, especially for such a short trip. We usually stay at YC, so we love that area & are used to deluxe resorts. On the other hand, the new rooms at Movies sound really nice, the food court breakfasts will suit us better & Movies is half the cost. And my family isn’t helping me decide either way. :mad::rotfl2:
We're staying just for one night on Aug 16 at the Dolphin. We've never stayed there before, but got a great deal on Orbitz using our rewards. I didn't see Movies available that night otherwise I definitely would've considered it.

We're staying just for one night on Aug 16 at the Dolphin. We've never stayed there before, but got a great deal on Orbitz using our rewards. I didn't see Movies available that night otherwise I definitely would've considered it.

I’ll let you know if I decide on Swan & cancel our 2 AP rooms at Movies! :goodvibes

Staying at Movies this time in a Standard room in November. From the sounds of it I hope I'll get a refurbished room :) Was at POP last October and I really liked the rooms.

I have a standard room Aug 24 to 31 and am hoping for a refurbished room, think we would like the mighty ducks area so I am hoping that last standard building is done by then. We like the rooms at POP, or I do any way, kiddo doesnt care. He wanted to stay at Movies since his friend will be there at the same time. I just want to be able to make coffee in the room :) since Skyliner won't be open on our trip I thought we'd try put an All Star. Since they seem to all be walking distance from one another I hope to walk to the others and check them out too.

Phone CM said Dalmations was still under construction and seemed to think I would get an unrenovated room if I requested that area. I'm pretty sure from the info here that all the Dalmations rooms are either renovated or closed for renovations, but I put in a Toy Story request just to be sure. Never stayed on that side before.

Phone CM said Dalmations was still under construction and seemed to think I would get an unrenovated room if I requested that area. I'm pretty sure from the info here that all the Dalmations rooms are either renovated or closed for renovations, but I put in a Toy Story request just to be sure. Never stayed on that side before.
It's possible you could get a room in the building that's still being worked on so requesting Toy Story is the safest bet.

Here now for the dreams event. Front desk cast member said Mighty Ducks building 2 is complete. Dalmatians Building 1 is still under construction. Also, Fantasia Building 5 is now completely closed and under construction. I’m in love bug which is a great location for being a standard room

Here now for the dreams event. Front desk cast member said Mighty Ducks building 2 is complete. Dalmatians Building 1 is still under construction. Also, Fantasia Building 5 is now completely closed and under construction. I’m in love bug which is a great location for being a standard room
Thank you so much for the report! I know cms can be unreliable but I’m gonna take their word for it. I’ll update post #1

Did they happen to say how much of the dalmation building had been done or how much had left to be done. We are going the last week of august and we had requested Toy story first and then Dalmation because that's our son's favorite and hoping to get a renovated room.

So all the standard rooms are complete! Woo hoo! Going in two weeks and very happy about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter