All Star Movies Renovations

Did they happen to say how much of the dalmation building had been done or how much had left to be done. We are going the last week of august and we had requested Toy story first and then Dalmation because that's our son's favorite and hoping to get a renovated room.
They didn’t say but when I walked over there it looked like half of Dalmatians Bldg 1 was done and open to guests but the other half was still being worked on.

Did they happen to say how much of the dalmation building had been done or how much had left to be done. We are going the last week of august and we had requested Toy story first and then Dalmation because that's our son's favorite and hoping to get a renovated room.
It’s been about 41 days since they started working on that one. The time to finish a building has been kind of all over the place but there were some in the 30-40 day range so it’s possible it’ll be done for your trip.

We actually might be staying at movies for the first time in November for my birthday! It was either that or boardwalk but I’d rather save the $900 and stay in the new rooms at movies

It’s been about 41 days since they started working on that one. The time to finish a building has been kind of all over the place but there were some in the 30-40 day range so it’s possible it’ll be done for your trip.
Thanks that's great to hear and sounds promising hopefully it will be and we are able to get into one of those rooms.

Word on the All Star Sports thread is that renos have started there so I have to imagine there’s no more rooms here left to start. I think between that and then updating the website you can comfortably assume you’ll get a renovated room...

Word on the All Star Sports thread is that renos have started there so I have to imagine there’s no more rooms here left to start. I think between that and then updating the website you can comfortably assume you’ll get a renovated room...
Hmm that’s confusing because I thought they said music would be next

Hello,
We currently have a reservation for a "preferred room" - arriving Nov 10th.
Witch building numbers are considered "preferred". standard room was not an option when we booked the fall special. We really want/need a refurbished room. Does anyone know which preferred rooms are complete and which ones will be complete by Nov 10th. We put a request in for an updated room and want to know are odds.
Thank you

Last edited:
Hello,
We currently have a reservation for a "preferred room" - arriving Nov 10th.
Switch building numbers are considered "preferred". standard room was not an option when we booked the fall special. We really want/need a refurbished room. Does anyone know which preferred rooms are complete and which ones will be complete by Nov 10th. We put a request in for an updated room and want to know are odds.
Thank you
Post 1 has the information about which ones are complete

Do we think we’re looking good for total renovation complete for our trip October 5? I know it’s a guess but you guys know way more than I do lol

Do we think we’re looking good for total renovation complete for our trip October 5? I know it’s a guess but you guys know way more than I do lol
It doesn't look like they are putting people into non-renovated rooms anymore, but I don't think they'll be completely done with the ones they're still working on by 10/5, no.

Okay we just checked at movies. Mighty ducks is completely done. Dalmatians building one looks very close to done. There are rooms open that have been renovated. They just have one section to be finished. The last building is in the Fantasia section and that one has begun renovations as well.

Okay we just checked at movies. Mighty ducks is completely done. Dalmatians building one looks very close to done. There are rooms open that have been renovated. They just have one section to be finished. The last building is in the Fantasia section and that one has begun renovations as well.

Thanks for the update. We check in Sept 1st, and I currently have Toy Story requested to guarantee a renovated preferred room. We’d much prefer Dalmations, though. Does it look like we’d be safe with changing our request?

Thanks for the update. We check in Sept 1st, and I currently have Toy Story requested to guarantee a renovated preferred room. We’d much prefer Dalmations, though. Does it look like we’d be safe with changing our request?
I would leave it at toy story to be safe

I've been following the Sports thread (hopefully it's the same one) but they are staying that nothing has started in all-star sports yet. The plan is to go to all-star music right after movies is completed.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-star-sports-renovations.3764454/

Just walked through Dalmatians in the dark. The wing that juts out toward the entrance road is completely blocked off. The rest looked normal, but I’m not sure how to tell a renovated room from an unrenovated one from the outside. Our renovated Toy Story room is a big step up from the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter