All Star Movies Shuttles in August peak season

Homebody1976

Earning My Ears
Hi All. Disney shuttles seem to get mixed reviews which worries me slightly as it's one of the main reasons for looking at staying on site. What's your experience of the shuttle service in August School holidays....busiest time :(

Hi All. Disney shuttles seem to get mixed reviews which worries me slightly as it's one of the main reasons for looking at staying on site. What's your experience of the shuttle service in August School holidays....busiest time :(
You might want to post this on the transportation board.
Denise

If by shuttles you mean buses, buses run about every 30 minutes from 6:30 to 8 AM, then about every 20 minutes until parks close and guests are emptied from parks.

All Star resorts sometimes share buses, but only at sloe times of the day.

What specific concerns do you have?

I wouldn't say that August is a busy time at WDW. Christmas, Spring Break, Thanksgiving...these are the busy times. Also, anytime after Galaxy's Edge opens will also be a busy time.

Buses are not very reliable IMHO. We have waited 5 minutes for a bus one day and 60 minutes the next. Their arrival is pretty unpredictable, even if the bus stop has the electronic signs that say when the bus is coming. Our 60 minute wait kept showing the bus showing up in 10 minutes, then 15, minutes, then 20, etc. It took forever for it to come.

The main reason for staying onsite is the ability to book FP+ 60 days in advance.

It took forever for it to come.
Well, really, it took 60 minutes, not forever :D
How were all your other bus trips. Typically buses come about every 20 minutes. A really short wait (five minutes) means the guest got to the bus stop a few minutes before the next bus, not that the bus was early or anything.

Well, really, it took 60 minutes, not forever :D
How were all your other bus trips. Typically buses come about every 20 minutes. A really short wait (five minutes) means the guest got to the bus stop a few minutes before the next bus, not that the bus was early or anything.

We've had such bad bus experiences in our 25+ trips to WDW that we usually try to avoid the buses. Maybe it's bad luck. We used to drive but now use Uber/Lyft/Minnie Vans.

We’ve never really had any problems with the buses. I think we’ve waited a long time once and that was leaving ak. Otherwise we’ve thought the buses to be pretty good.

ASMo busses last August (went the 13th to the 23rd) were pretty good. Never had to wait very long, lines were never very bad. As long as you don’t go when there are a lot of school groups or athletes, which tends to tone down quite a bit by August, transportation should be reliable. I think we only had shared busses with the other All Stars maybe twice and those were off times during the day.

Yes the busses have a lot of children, sweaty people, ECVs, and cramped space, but that’s EVERY resort, not just the All Stars. Just part of using busses anywhere. But hey, it’s free and convenient! I personally like the Deluxe resorts around MK for the monorail and ferry access so you never get bus overload, but it is considerably more expensive and not always worth the price tag if you’re trying to vacation on a budget.

I wouldn't say that August is a busy time at WDW. Christmas, Spring Break, Thanksgiving...these are the busy times. Also, anytime after Galaxy's Edge opens will also be a busy time.

Buses are not very reliable IMHO. We have waited 5 minutes for a bus one day and 60 minutes the next. Their arrival is pretty unpredictable, even if the bus stop has the electronic signs that say when the bus is coming. Our 60 minute wait kept showing the bus showing up in 10 minutes, then 15, minutes, then 20, etc. It took forever for it to come.

The main reason for staying onsite is the ability to book FP+ 60 days in advance.

Where did you ever wait an hour? Glad that never happened to me or it really might change my mind on using them. I get annoyed at 20 mins (rarely happens).

Where did you ever wait an hour? Glad that never happened to me or it really might change my mind on using them. I get annoyed at 20 mins (rarely happens).
I’m not the person you asked but we waited an hour at ak trying to get back to pop

We waited an hour at OKW for a HS bus. Around the 45 minute mark we requested a Minnie Van. The van came in about 15 minutes. The bus never showed.

We think the buses do a great job, yes there has been times that we waited longer than usual but the majority of the time we have been very pleased. We do not stress over this stuff when we are there. We drive to WDW and after driving to the parks the first few trips we realized that it did not save us a lot of time and we have been using WDW transportation ever since. We have been on over 30 trips and that is a LOT of bus rides:) Plus, like a PP mentioned August is not really a peak time. I will say that if you are already worried about the buses then I would have a plan B.

And we meet Guests from all over the USA and all over the World on the buses!

Can't do that in a car/Lyft/Uber/Taxi!:)

We waited an hour at OKW for a HS bus. Around the 45 minute mark we requested a Minnie Van. The van came in about 15 minutes. The bus never showed.
Understandable. Curious - did any buses show (so somebody could ask a driver for help? If you were waiting at Peninsular Road or Hospitality House (especially the latter), did anybody go inside to talk to a CM?

And on a lighter note: did a bus really bever come, so that all the others waiting with you are still sranding there? ;)

Understandable. Curious - did any buses show (so somebody could ask a driver for help? If you were waiting at Peninsular Road or Hospitality House (especially the latter), did anybody go inside to talk to a CM?

And on a lighter note: did a bus really bever come, so that all the others waiting with you are still sranding there? ;)

I can't remember which stop (it may be been PR), but it wasn't at the HH. Many buses for other resorts came and went. We did ask other drivers for help. Eventually we gave up.

It stunk too because we had a large party - 10 of us. Some wound up driving (they had a car). We did the Minnie Van.

The whole time we were there the board kept updating the time. It was so annoying because we kept hoping the bus would eventually come.

Many buses for other resorts came and went. We did ask other drivers for help. Eventually we gave up.
Well, that's just ridiculous. Not that you will try the buses again, but if it does happen, please discuss with the Front Desk when you're near HH!

Well, that's just ridiculous. Not that you will try the buses again, but if it does happen, please discuss with the Front Desk when you're near HH!

We certainly will, however we usually avoid the buses. We love the Minnie Van service and use Lyft too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!