All Star Music Renovations

Any idea when ALL renovations will be complete? We are looking to book for March 2021, wondering what it will be like then. We are looking to book a family suite.

Any idea when ALL renovations will be complete? We are looking to book for March 2021, wondering what it will be like then. We are looking to book a family suite.
I would think by March 2021 they should be done, but I really don’t know for sure

Anyone there now that can give a report?
We just left on Dec 15th and the rennovations are still slowly proceeding. Seems like the "preferred" pricing rooms guest might get a better shot at scoring the renno rooms. A big deal here is getting a room closer to the main building, otherwise you could be walking 10 minutes on the property just to get to the Disney busses. We were in building 7 with an old style room. Actually the room was clean, beds were comfortable so it wasn't a total bomb. Just wished we could have been closer to the main building! Another fact is that no matter what you ask for, it seems to come down to what is clean when you check in. Did us no good to request close in.
We stayed here because it was our only on-property option with a late decision to visit WDW.
POP century resorts would be better since it is served by the busses and the Skyliner both to EPCOT and Disney Studios,( now the hot place to go)
One other thing to be aware of is that the All star return bus pick ups for EPCOT to the hotel are out at the very end of the bus lot, maybe a third of a mile from the EPCOT front gate. Not what you want after walking all day within the park

Merry Christmas! So for a construction report, only one "leg" of building 9 left and that building will be done. There are people staying in the other two finished legs. The entirety of building 8 is closed.
Thanks for the report! I hope building 9 is done soon

I had booked a king/double handicap accessible room for our early June trip and got a call today that they will be far enough along in the renovations by June that there won’t be any king/double rooms available and they will only have 2 double beds.

I had booked a king/double handicap accessible room for our early June trip and got a call today that they will be far enough along in the renovations by June that there won’t be any king/double rooms available and they will only have 2 double beds.
Are you talking about old rooms or new rooms? If they’ll be mostly done, the rooms will have 2 queen beds in them. If there are any old rooms left they will most likely be 2 double beds

I just looked at tourplan map and it only showed accessible roll in rooms in building 10 and 9 so that might explain why there wont be any of the older type rooms (accessible hearing in 9 and 10 only , tub in 10,9,2,1)

I just looked at tourplan map and it only showed accessible roll in rooms in building 10 and 9 so that might explain why there wont be any of the older type rooms (accessible hearing in 9 and 10 only , tub in 10,9,2,1)

That tool at Touring Plans is highly inaccurate. There are accessible roll in rooms in every building.

Last edited:
Are you talking about old rooms or new rooms? If they’ll be mostly done, the rooms will have 2 queen beds in them. If there are any old rooms left they will most likely be 2 double beds
I was told none of the new rooms would have king bed options. Before there was a single king and a king with double bed option in the handicapped accessible rooms. After pushing me around all day, DH deserves a good nights sleep in a bed he can stretch out in.

I was told none of the new rooms would have king bed options. Before there was a single king and a king with double bed option in the handicapped accessible rooms. After pushing me around all day, DH deserves a good nights sleep in a bed he can stretch out in.
I’m honestly not sure if that’s true or not. There are renovated king bed rooms at pop century, but I can’t remember if they put any at all star movies. It’s possible they decided to get rid of them at music but I really don’t know.

I was more confused about your comment saying there would only be double beds. All renovated rooms will have 2 queen beds.

Do we know how long the renovations will take? We just booked for the week of August 31at 2020 and hoping to catch a new room

Always a chance it was an uninformed cast member, but double is what she told me. When I asked if there were any queen size available at all and that’s when she started looking at moving us to a different hotel.

Always a chance it was an uninformed cast member, but double is what she told me. When I asked if there were any queen size available at all and that’s when she started looking at moving us to a different hotel.
Yeah if she was talking about renovated rooms she was misinformed. All renovated rooms at both pop century and all star movies are now a queen bed and a queen pull down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter