All Star Music Renovations

If I’m going to run into an uninformed cast member, at least it worked out in my favor. I wasn’t really looking forward to being in a hotel in the middle of renovations anyway. We stayed at Caribbean Beach last year and we got a good view of mounds of dirt and equipment. The renovations hadn’t started at music when we booked this trip, and I didn’t realize they were coming up.

Are all of the suites finished? Were those the first renovations?
I believe the suites are currently in buildings 1,2,9, and 10. Out of those only 10 is finished. Building 9 is being worked on. Buildings 1 and 2 haven’t been started yet

I wonder if all rooms will be done by September 2020?
While no one knows for sure, I doubt it unless they really pick up the pace. They started in September of 2019 and have totally finished one building and are almost done with another. They have 8 to go.

While no one knows for sure, I doubt it unless they really pick up the pace. They started in September of 2019 and have totally finished one building and are almost done with another. They have 8 to go.
Ok thanks. Guess we’ll do Pop again this year.

Yeah that's what I was wondering too. We're going back in September and was hoping they'd all be done. Hopefully enough are done that's its fairly likely to get one. I have 2 twins that'll need 2 pack n plays so I'm hoping for a little more room with the Murphy bed up.

What I don't understand is why the plan is according to pp..buildings 10 - 1..why are they not renovating all preferred buildings first? you could end up paying for preferred room but get an old room :(

What I don't understand is why the plan is according to pp..buildings 10 - 1..why are they not renovating all preferred buildings first? you could end up paying for preferred room but get an old room :(
My guess, and this is just a guess, is they are going around clockwise to finish at buildings 1 and 2 because they will move all of the equipment over to sports after that which is right next to those two buildings. I doubt they are thinking at all about standard vs. preferred rooms.

You could for sure end up paying for preferred and getting an old room. But you would still be getting what you paid for which is a preferred room. That’s kind of the bummer that comes with booking a resort being renovated

It was the same way at All-star movies, one building in Fantasia was the last to be completed and that was a preferred section. But the purpose of a preferred room is it's location, that's what you are really paying for

Interesting.. this morning I was trying to book a value resort and when I said I wanted one with 2 Queen beds, the agent said All-Star Music would be fine for my mid-May trip because "they're almost done with the renovations there and all rooms will have queen beds". This is clearly an exaggeration based on the construction progress being reported on this thread.

Interesting.. this morning I was trying to book a value resort and when I said I wanted one with 2 Queen beds, the agent said All-Star Music would be fine for my mid-May trip because "they're almost done with the renovations there and all rooms will have queen beds". This is clearly an exaggeration based on the construction progress being reported on this thread.
Was it a travel agent or a cast member at Disney? Most of the cms at Disney give out false info

We are staying in two family suites at AsMu in March. Is there any way to find out for sure which buildings have for sure been finished. Excited about our trip but not looking forward to maneuvering around construction equipment on our vacation - especially one so expensive you only get to take it once every 5-7 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter