All Star Music Renovations

Did anyone receive an email about the pool being closed for refurbishment? We are going at the beginning of September, and I thought it wasn’t closing until the middle of September. It said the piano pool would be available. Do they still allow you to go to the other All Star pools?

Did anyone receive an email about the pool being closed for refurbishment? We are going at the beginning of September, and I thought it wasn’t closing until the middle of September. It said the piano pool would be available. Do they still allow you to go to the other All Star pools?

It does say this on their website:

The Calypso Pool will be closed for refurbishment from mid-September 2020 through mid-December 2020. While this work takes place, you are welcome to make a splash at the Piano leisure pool. Additionally, Guests staying at Disney’s All-Star Music Resort are welcome to enjoy the pools at Disney’s All-Star Movies and Disney’s All Star Sports Resorts.
During this time, it is possible that Guests may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard in Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00 AM.
All dining and merchandise locations will remain in full operation.

I wonder if Sept is when there expecting to finish all the rooms. Then they won't have 2 construction groups going at once

We are actually headed to All Star Music tonight. I have a suite booked. I guess I am not understanding the refurbed layout. Are there now two of those fold down beds in the living room area instead of the pull out and recliner turn bed?

We are actually headed to All Star Music tonight. I have a suite booked. I guess I am not understanding the refurbed layout. Are there now two of those fold down beds in the living room area instead of the pull out and recliner turn bed?
It looks like they are both Murphy beds. One has a table attached to it and the other a couch but both will be pulled down

If you have a strong preference for one layout or the other you could ask at check in as they currently have some of the old and some of the new. They may not be able to move you but it can't hurt.

If you have a strong preference for one layout or the other you could ask at check in as they currently have some of the old and some of the new. They may not be able to move you but it can't hurt.

I actually don't have a preference. Either work for us. Just didn't understand the new layout. I booked the suite on the assumption of the older layout. So if we get that, I will be okay with it. If we get the new layout, that is just some added magic.

I actually don't have a preference. Either work for us. Just didn't understand the new layout. I booked the suite on the assumption of the older layout. So if we get that, I will be okay with it. If we get the new layout, that is just some added magic.
If you have time, could you let us know how things are looking in terms of which buildings are being worked on?

Thinking about booking a standard room for our trip at the end of February. What do you think the chances are that we’d get a refurbished room? (I saw the building schedule on the first post but wasn’t sure where the standard rooms were concentrated.)

Thinking about booking a standard room for our trip at the end of February. What do you think the chances are that we’d get a refurbished room? (I saw the building schedule on the first post but wasn’t sure where the standard rooms were concentrated.)
The first post also says which buildings are standard and which are preferred. Right now no standard buildings are finished but they just recently started on one. Unfortunately, I think your chances would be pretty low in February

The first post also says which buildings are standard and which are preferred. Right now no standard buildings are finished but they just recently started on one. Unfortunately, I think your chances would be pretty low in February
Thanks! I think I will hold off for now then

Just checked in. We are in the 9 building. Our suite is a newly refurbished one. The two suites next to us are being worked on right now. The mattresses are still in the plastic covering.
Wow awesome that you got a renovated room! Does your building look pretty close to being done?

Wow awesome that you got a renovated room! Does your building look pretty close to being done?

I will have to take a look when it’s light outside. Couldn’t really tell at night. But we definitely got excited when walking by the other two suites and the drapes were open and we saw it was the renovated rooms and everything was still being unpacked.

Definitely love that the bathroom off the bedroom is private to that room and then the bathroom off the living room is dedicated to that. Kids have their space and mom and dad theirs.

If you love firm mattresses, the mattresses on the pull downs are awesome!

Walked round building 9 this morning. It looks like most of the rooms themselves are done but they are unpackaging furniture in the rooms not completed. Lots of furniture in plastic stacked up in the rooms.
Okay great thanks. I’m assuming work is still going on building 8 and 7 probably isn’t started yet

I've got my fingers crossed that the work moves along and more of the resort is refurbed by August. We're currently booked on a bounceback at POP (mostly because of the refurbed rooms) but much prefer the buses and set up at the All Stars. I know Movies isn't on the bounceback offer, but we would love to switch to (a refurbished) Music for our August trip. We don't care for the idea of Skyliner accessibility enough to justify the premium on the room at POP. Here's hoping the work at Music moves quickly!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!