All Star Music Renovations

So, at this rate (and assuming they push through rather than take a break), they might be done with Broadway and at least partially through Country Fair by mid-May when I check in. I figure that gives me a 50/50 chance of getting a renovated room.

I’d have requested Broadway, even if it hadn’t been the first standard section to be refurbished just because I like the theme best. Knowing I’d definitely be in a new room if I get this section makes me want it even more!

Last edited:
So, at this rate (and assuming they push through rather than take a break), they might be done with Broadway and at least partially through Country Fair by mid-May when I check in. I figure that gives me a 50/50 chance of getting a renovated room. I’d have requested Broadway, even if it hadn’t been the first standard section to be refurbished just because I like the theme best.
I think both broadway buildings should be done for sure unless something strange happens. If that’s the section you want anyway you could just request that and not even worry about putting renovated room.

We check in in 8 days and I requested Broadway just to have a better chance of getting a refurbed room. I know it's only a week away but I'll let you all know what I see when we get there.

We check in in 8 days and I requested Broadway just to have a better chance of getting a refurbed room. I know it's only a week away but I'll let you all know what I see when we get there.
Yeah that might be tough. Since they’re working on both of those buildings there might be very few they are letting people stay in. Hopefully you get one!

Has anyone found an image of the new layout (floor plan) of the family suites?
I don’t think I’ve seen a floor plan but the first post shows pictures of what the suites look like now. That might help you figure out the layout

I'll be staying here the second week of March! First time at the resort. Would love to get a renovated room. Anyone had success requesting one?

I'll be staying here the second week of March! First time at the resort. Would love to get a renovated room. Anyone had success requesting one?
I haven’t personally stayed there but I think a couple of people have been successful. If you arrive and don’t have a renovated room you could always ask the front desk politely if they have one available

We are in one - booked preferred room to increase the odds. Requested building 10 and specified we wanted a remodeled room. Got 3rd floor bldg 10. It is nice and similar to Pop except the shower. Pop has 2 shower heads - one a rainfall and one a handheld. Our room at music had one with a weak water flow.

How’s your trip going?

How’s your trip going?

We got in late last night. Our room was ready early, way before we were here. Didn’t get our request which is fine. We paid so little for this room that it wasn’t a big deal. We are in building 6, old room but first floor right by the piano pool. Not a bad walk at all up front.

I didn’t see any work on building 8. Building 7 is heavy under construction. They may still be working on 8 but it’s not visible.

Trip is good, we leave tomorrow. First time here. Nice resort. Very clean. Great cast members.

We got in late last night. Our room was ready early, way before we were here. Didn’t get our request which is fine. We paid so little for this room that it wasn’t a big deal. We are in building 6, old room but first floor right by the piano pool. Not a bad walk at all up front.

I didn’t see any work on building 8. Building 7 is heavy under construction. They may still be working on 8 but it’s not visible.

Trip is good, we leave tomorrow. First time here. Nice resort. Very clean. Great cast members.
Hmmm I wonder if they’re done with building 8 or not. I’m glad you’re still enjoying yourselves even with the old room!

Hmmm I wonder if they’re done with building 8 or not. I’m glad you’re still enjoying yourselves even with the old room!

It really does look like 8 is done. The whole back half of 7 is completely blocked off and there was a ton of work being done while we were here but I didn’t walk around the backside of either building so I’m not 100%.

It really does look like 8 is done. The whole back half of 7 is completely blocked off and there was a ton of work being done while we were here but I didn’t walk around the backside of either building so I’m not 100%.
Idk if I should change it to complete or not

Are you still there? Would you have a chance to ask a CM if 8 is finished?

The suite renovations -- my concerns

I've stayed at AS Music suite the past several years. There were 4 individual places to sleep -- double bed in its own room, then in the common area there were 2 twin size and one double bed. The new ones have 3 double beds. Not a big deal, but I preferred the other way. All the kids had their own bed.

The areas to store clothing seems a lot smaller. The closets look less than half the size they previously were, and the dressers look smaller too. I usually do a two week trip and I try to do little or no laundry - -so I have a lot of clothes. Can anyone compare the clothing storage areas in the new suites to the old ones? THanks

The suite renovations -- my concerns

I've stayed at AS Music suite the past several years. There were 4 individual places to sleep -- double bed in its own room, then in the common area there were 2 twin size and one double bed. The new ones have 3 double beds. Not a big deal, but I preferred the other way. All the kids had their own bed.

Just wanted to point out that the beds are now all queen beds. I get your concern about the number of individual sleeping surfaces, though. On the flip side, I think it’s hard to share a double bed, but queens are easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!