All Star Question-Which One?

DarthGoofy

I am glad God has it all under control.
We are spending a week at WDW in late January and are taking my son for his first trip. We are planning on staying at one of the All Stars since this will be a budget trip. Which do you like best and why? I really want to stay at the AS Movies, but they have not been offering any AP discounts on this resort lately. (Maybe they will for next year:p)

Thanks for the info

All Star Music is cool, but if your son is a sports fan you should stay at All Star Sports. I believe ASMu is the first bus stop, so if you want to be the first on and off the bus that's good. I know ASMo is the last stop. I stayed there last Dec. and it was kinda a bummer being the last ones to get picked up and dropped off.

We have stayed in the All Star Movies for the last 2 years & we Loved It!!

I feel it has more Disney themes: 101 Dalmatians, Toy Story, Fantasia, etc. The music & sports resorts just have giant sports items: football, baseball, etc., or music items: cowboy boots, maraccas (sp?), etc. These don't compare to the giant 2 story Woody & Buzz Lightyear, Pongo & Perdita, etc.

My sister-in-law stayed in the All Star Music & wasn't very happy there (not sure of her expectations, though.) It just isn't as Disney themed as the Movies.

Hope this helps!

Emily :D

Here's a vote for All Star Sports. I have stayed there 3 times. My son loves the sports theme.

They have a cool Baseball pool with a water cannon.

All Star Sports is the first of the three All Stars you come to on the road, so it is usually the first Bus Stop going to the park and the first coming back.

Choosing an All Star Resort is really a matter of themeing preference, the service level is the same between the three. They are a fun place to stay.

:D

Cindy

Another vote for ASSp if your son is going. The resort itself is a little less spread out than ASMu so most of the buildings aren't too far from the food court and the busses!!! :p

Arizonacolbys,

Where did you stay in Movies? Do you know if Fantasia is close or far from:

Bus Stop
Food Court
Pool.

Is it noisy there? Do you know how to request a room which is not noisy, what section, e tc.

Thanks,

My Best Friend is staying in Movies next year!!

LoveMickey ~ Check this out.

All-Star Movies Resort Layout

Our favorite buildings to stay at are Toy Story. They are VERY close to the buses, especially if you take the path that goes behind the Buzz building.

Fantasia is the first building, right next to the main one (bus/food/lobby). We stayed there three years ago on the third floor, pool side. There were highschool kids (during grad nights) running around all night. Even making a lot of noise right outside our door. Those pools do get very loud at night. This last trip from last week, it seems everyone swims at night. Very crowded at the AllStar Music pools. Again, these were loud.

I would recommend a building that does not view the pools.

Last stay as at Music in the Broadway buildings. Very nice.

A note on the bus stops. This is the second post I saw today that say the buses stop at all three AllStar resorts. I have not seen this during this last trip as each resort had it's own bus. Maybe I got lucky whenever we used the Disney buses.

Sometimes the All-Star resorts have their own buses and sometimes they share. It all depends on how crowded it is.

Originally posted by LoveMickey
Arizonacolbys,

Where did you stay in Movies? Do you know if Fantasia is close or far from:

Bus Stop
Food Court
Pool.

Is it noisy there? Do you know how to request a room which is not noisy, what section, e tc.

Thanks,

My Best Friend is staying in Movies next year!!

Hello!

We actually stayed at the Movies 2 times - 1st time was in the 101 Dalmatians bldg & 2nd time in the Toy Story bldg. We really enjoyed our room both trips & neither was too noisy. In the Dalmatians we were on the ground floor, so the only noise was from the people above us. I would recommend trying to request a top floor to eliminate this problem.

Toy Story was great, too. Both times we had a room on the back of the building so there was no noise from the pool. I feel that Toy Story & 101 Dalmatians are almost as close to the food court as Fantasia, but doesn't carry the same extra cost. (Plus we like those movie themes, anyways!) Also note that the Mighty Ducks & Love Bug buildings are pretty far from the food court/main pool. If you stay in Mighty Ducks it may actually be closer to use the bus stop at the All Star Music Resort.

Hope this helps & let me know if you have any other questions!

Emily :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter