All Star Sports Question ...

sjlogghe

Mouseketeer
3 weeks from now I'll be all checked in at All Star Sports!! :yay: I've stayed there before, but many years ago when I was young and don't really remember it. Just have a couple of questions ...

We have a standard room. 95% sure we'll have our own car, so bus location doesn't matter. Our party will be my sister and her 2 kids - boy age 10, girl age 4. We generally don't spend all that much time at the main hotel area/food court, as we more enjoy spending time and eating in the parks. So proximity to that doesn't matter either. It would be nice to be close to one of the new freestyle coke machines - if they have them there??

What section should I request?? I'm thinking of doing the basketball section, as my nephew is really into basketball. But I know nothing about the different sections. (Life has been too busy to research the boards on this) Any recommendations, or if the basketball is a good place to be??

Any other requests that anyone thinks would be beneficial to make? I was thinking ground floor request, as it's easiest with a stroller so as not to need to wait for the elevator. But if another request is more beneficial the ground floor isn't that important.

If anyone has any other knowledge/tips/hints for All Star Sports, I'll gladly take them!! As I mentioned, it's been years since I've been there - so not really sure what to expect!

:thanks: in advance!!

If your nephew is in to basketball by all means request the basketball section. The resort isn't big so no matter where you are you aren't far from the main building or pools. There is no free style machine at Sports. As far as floor there are only 3 so if you can't get a ground floor the wait for the elevator isn't usually that long. Have a fun vacation. There is an entire thread about All Star Sports for more info.

3 weeks from now I'll be all checked in at All Star Sports!! :yay: I've stayed there before, but many years ago when I was young and don't really remember it. Just have a couple of questions ...

We have a standard room. 95% sure we'll have our own car, so bus location doesn't matter. Our party will be my sister and her 2 kids - boy age 10, girl age 4. We generally don't spend all that much time at the main hotel area/food court, as we more enjoy spending time and eating in the parks. So proximity to that doesn't matter either. It would be nice to be close to one of the new freestyle coke machines - if they have them there??

What section should I request?? I'm thinking of doing the basketball section, as my nephew is really into basketball. But I know nothing about the different sections. (Life has been too busy to research the boards on this) Any recommendations, or if the basketball is a good place to be??

Any other requests that anyone thinks would be beneficial to make? I was thinking ground floor request, as it's easiest with a stroller so as not to need to wait for the elevator. But if another request is more beneficial the ground floor isn't that important.

If anyone has any other knowledge/tips/hints for All Star Sports, I'll gladly take them!! As I mentioned, it's been years since I've been there - so not really sure what to expect!

:thanks: in advance!!

Its true that the resort isnt very big, so no matter which section you end up with the walk wont be long at all. But yes, basketball section is fun. Ground floor would be nice, i always request ground floor as well. Elevators are quick though.

No freestyle machines unfortunately. I dont think any of the resorts have these machines. I could be wrong though. But i dont recall seeing them? There are pop machines in the cafe, thats why they dont have those machines.

I love sports resort. Esp the main pool area. Love the surf theme. Have a great time!

I agree-I would go with Hoops Hotel for your Nephew.:)

No Freestyle Machines,BUT All-Star Sports is one of the few WDW Resorts that has access to the Beverage Island in the Food Court 24/7!

You probably don't know it,but the BEST part of your trip is the TIMING!!!!

You will JUST miss this!lol:)
upload_2018-7-19_7-32-42.png

Thanks all!

Its true that the resort isnt very big, so no matter which section you end up with the walk wont be long at all. But yes, basketball section is fun. Ground floor would be nice, i always request ground floor as well. Elevators are quick though.

No freestyle machines unfortunately. I dont think any of the resorts have these machines. I could be wrong though. But i dont recall seeing them? There are pop machines in the cafe, thats why they dont have those machines.

I love sports resort. Esp the main pool area. Love the surf theme. Have a great time!

There were freestyle machines in some of the room sections when I was at CBR in April. It was nice!! Stopped there on our way out the door - got some caffein to keep me going, and filled up water bottles with ice and water for the day!

Shoot, now that there isn't going to be freestyle machines that means we're going to have to buy water to keep in our room. Was hoping we could avoid that like we did in April, but guess not!

I agree-I would go with Hoops Hotel for your Nephew.:)

No Freestyle Machines,BUT All-Star Sports is one of the few WDW Resorts that has access to the Beverage Island in the Food Court 24/7!

You probably don't know it,but the BEST part of your trip is the TIMING!!!!

You will JUST miss this!lol:)
View attachment 337886

:rotfl2: Glad to hear!! I had never heard of the 15's before until reading this forum in the past few weeks. I was a little nervous, but nice to know they'll be gone - as I've read that they stay in the All Star Resorts!

We loved Home Run Hotel. Great theming, and parking is very close, which we really appreciated. Also there is a separate pool in this area and they had pool games in the afternoon

Thanks all!

There were freestyle machines in some of the room sections when I was at CBR in April. It was nice!! Stopped there on our way out the door - got some caffein to keep me going, and filled up water bottles with ice and water for the day!

Shoot, now that there isn't going to be freestyle machines that means we're going to have to buy water to keep in our room. Was hoping we could avoid that like we did in April, but guess not!

:rotfl2: Glad to hear!! I had never heard of the 15's before until reading this forum in the past few weeks. I was a little nervous, but nice to know they'll be gone - as I've read that they stay in the All Star Resorts!
You can still get free clean cold filtered water from the pop machines at all food courts. As long as you have a container to fill it in, there's no need to buy bottled water (unless you really just prefer bottled water).

You can still get free clean cold filtered water from the pop machines at all food courts. As long as you have a container to fill it in, there's no need to buy bottled water (unless you really just prefer bottled water).

Yeah, I know that ... but we usually aren't real close to the food courts, and don't like wasting time in the morning stopping there! :lmao: We just buys a couple gallon jugs of water, then fill up our own bottles.

Yeah, I know that ... but we usually aren't real close to the food courts, and don't like wasting time in the morning stopping there! :lmao: We just buys a couple gallon jugs of water, then fill up our own bottles.
ha ha, I see what you mean. Ya, if you're not close to the food courts then it can be a pain. You're smart to buy jugs of water. I might do that next time myself. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!