All Star Sports Renovations

Haley R

DIS Veteran
These estimates of amount of time to complete buildings are super rough estimates because I'm just going off of what other posters have noted as they've stayed:

Building 10 (Touchdown-Preferred)-Complete
Building 9 (Homerun Hotel-Standard)-Complete
Building 8 (Homerun Hotel-Standard)-Complete
Building 7 (Touchdown-Preferred)-Complete
Building 6 (Surf's Up-Preferred)-Complete

Building 5 (Center Court-Standard)-Complete
Building 4 (Center Court-Standard)-Complete
Building 3 (Hoops Hotel-Standard)-Complete

Building 2 (Hoops Hotel-Standard)-Complete
Building 1 (Surf's Up-Preferred)-Complete

*Coffee makers*
The coffee brand is Joffrey's. I believe the coffee maker is a Cuisinart 2-cup and if the same as POP it's a WCM19. It uses pods not k-cups. The pods are provided for you in the room.

Last edited:
Anyone have an update on whether this has started? Movies is excluded from the current 2020 BB offer so it would be helpful to know what they're renovating next!

Okay we just got done looking at sports. I didn’t see any progress or construction going on so I’m assuming they haven’t actually started. There were no signs on windows or anything like that.

Thank you. I’ll be curious as to whether they move on to Music or Sports when the time comes. Hopefully they keep working on 3 buildings at a time. Get rid of those double beds!

Thank you. I’ll be curious as to whether they move on to Music or Sports when the time comes. Hopefully they keep working on 3 buildings at a time. Get rid of those double beds!
Their announcement said music next and that would make the most sense to me because it’s closer than sports. At one time they were storing the construction equipment in between the two resorts

The only issue with doing Music first is that they have the family suites. So they'd have to plan around that. It may be easier to do Sports first since the rooms are all the same. On the flip side, Music has 316 less rooms than Sports.

I guess we'll see what they do when the time comes. I just want them to get Movies done.

The only issue with doing Music first is that they have the family suites. So they'd have to plan around that. It may be easier to do Sports first since the rooms are all the same. On the flip side, Music has 316 less rooms than Sports.

I guess we'll see what they do when the time comes. I just want them to get Movies done.
We’ll just have to keep watching and see where they go next

I passed through last week and saw a construction wall up at the end of Building 10. It didn't look like a big project (could have been changing exterior light bulbs). Someone on the bus said their Sports room had new carpet. Nothing pointing to a major refurb yet.

I passed through last week and saw a construction wall up at the end of Building 10. It didn't look like a big project (could have been changing exterior light bulbs). Someone on the bus said their Sports room had new carpet. Nothing pointing to a major refurb yet.
They’re putting laminate flooring in to the new rooms so they probably didn’t put new carpet in that room. Maybe it just got cleaned really well lol?

They’re putting laminate flooring in to the new rooms so they probably didn’t put new carpet in that room. Maybe it just got cleaned really well lol?
It’s possible to have “new” carpet - Disney does replace odds and ends outside of refurb windows if something happens that makes the room unacceptable to keep in inventory. Im sure they still have rolls of carpet in storage from 1998 or whenever.

It’s possible to have “new” carpet - Disney does replace odds and ends outside of refurb windows if something happens that makes the room unacceptable to keep in inventory. Im sure they still have rolls of carpet in storage from 1998 or whenever.
I'm saying they wouldn't have just installed new carpet when they're going to tear it all out anyway for the laminate flooring. It's possible the carpet is a year or two old

I'm saying they wouldn't have just installed new carpet when they're going to tear it all out anyway for the laminate flooring. It's possible the carpet is a year or two old

The woman on the bus was super excited about the new carpet. I was thinking it made sense that a Sports room might be repaired with carpet if Music is next in line for rehab. With the slow pace at Movies, it could be 2021 before Sports gets the full refurb.

The woman on the bus was super excited about the new carpet. I was thinking it made sense that a Sports room might be repaired with carpet if Music is next in line for rehab. With the slow pace at Movies, it could be 2021 before Sports gets the full refurb.
Huh idk then. It seems pretty weird to me to install new carpet unless the carpet was in really bad shape. I’m hoping they get things moving at music but they’re definitely going much slower than expected

Any updates to this? I just read something about people being moved from Sports to CSR in December, so maybe they're starting? It was a report of a report, though, so I don't know what the source was.

they only just started to do music . I thought they would finish it off before moving on like they did with movies

they only just started to do music . I thought they would finish it off before moving on like they did with movies
Thanks, I was not aware they had started on Music. Is there a thread? I couldn't find it with a quick search if there is.

If it hasn’t already been posted elsewhere, I can confirm that the refurb at All-Star Music has begun.

I walked through all 20 buildings in Sports and Music this afternoon. The third of Music’s Calypso 10 closest to Movies is closed off with the usual barriers and schedule paste-ups on the windows.

I saw nothing elsewhere in Music or Sports. (I didn’t expect to, but Disney does surprise me every now and them, so I thought I’d better look through it all.)

View attachment 437757

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter